What is the worst ending you got?

I think I can beat that ending in I, Cyborg, Shot by Wynne, brain put into a starship by the AI. My MC had a high humanity, so he wouldn’t have liked it at all, though the AI reprogramed him to not care about that.

1 Like

I got that ending in I cyborg and hated it (frickin loved the rest of the game)

Me and Radmar got along until the tratior situation came long, put him in his place tho.

1 Like

Thank you. The game whas short enough that I felt I had to play it more to get my money worth of it and so it is the only game I bothered so far playing through more then twice because so I started to systematical looking through every choice.
Though about topic another bad end I got in Psy High as I tried to absorb all the power in the end but whas not strong enough so I became mentally retarded and the rector so canditate for becomming mayor or president.

1 Like

I never got too horrible endings, I’m very careful when making choices so I mostly succeed in my first round, but…

In Choice of romance/affairs of the court I almost had the perfect round, everything was going as expected: I got rid off the queen and her daughter, I got rid off the king’s new lover by marrying her off, I got the light magic child without killing MC’s sister or her niece, my MC had a lover and nobody suspected a thing… And then, the king’s bastard comes and he manages to kill my MC! I got so angry I replayed 3 times until I could finally beat him! I never expected it to be so difficult, he’s the most difficult antagonist I’ve ever had to beat in a “choice of games” book. So frustrating!

2 Likes

CoG games have some of the worst unhappy endings out there.

In Odyssey: Echoes of War, my MC got stuck on some sort of island, having completely forgotten their identity, all to save their kingdom and child.

In Choice of the Vampire, my MC tried to reason with her deranged Dominus and got killed for her trouble without even managing to get a word in edgeways.

I’ve died or become a stupid puppet in Choice of Romance: Affairs of the Court too many times.

I messed up the stat checks so often in my third playthrough of The Fog Knows Your Name that I didn’t manage to solve any of the mysteries or save anyone and somehow had to sacrifice myself to keep the fog happy.

My luck in HG games has been similarly terrible.

I died in my first playthrough of an HG book called High Lands, Deep Waters (I think?) and promptly gave up.

In kept dying in The Grey Painter.

I also kept either dying, or becoming an unwilling slave, in Donor.

@bobsmyuncle how did you manage to get that ending where the Farm finds out about you in Rebirth? That’s so interesting and it’s the first time I’ve heard of it!!

2 Likes

Trying to save the re-gen you can fight along with ending the fight bleeding will do it. They both rise a hidden stat called sd_clue and to get the Farm has a sighting of you epilogue it needs to be at 10 or more

1 Like

Wait, the fight in the beginning? When taking down the Psychopathor? Wow, crap, I didn’t even realise you could attempt to save the ReGene and now i feel like a dick. Definitely gonna try that next, thanks! My daring anarchist Sidestep is already on SD’s radar and revealed to all the Rangers, so one more target on their back will probably not hurt. My mousy Sidestep will ignore tr he ReGene as always. (Sorry, Cousin ReGene!)

1 Like

Seriously, start blurring the SPOILERS!

5 Likes

Well to be more exact you have to fight the ReGene and win then you get the choice to save them

1 Like

Ahhh! Understood, thanks! x

1 Like

In Exile of the Gods, I was betrayed by everyone including my wife and child. Of course I was in the process of betraying the gods, but that doesn’t really matter.

Wondering if we’re ever going to get the next game in that series.

4 Likes

Not really an ending but i count this. Lanzerel dying in guns of infinity. Never again

1 Like

Choice of Robots i had a high humanity stats for my robots and then when i at the end of the game after my robots became famous all over the world decided to take control and let them destroy everything then they didnt do it instead my robots killed me for trying to do that :sob:

1 Like

The “Psychedemic” ending in The Daring Mermaid Expedition.

Not permanent, thank heaven for checkpoints, but in Sabres of Infinity my Dragoon was stuck in a loop of dying during his time in a small outpost with a commander that left more to be desired. I’ve kept trying to choose new items, thinking this would help, but Dragoon’s head kept flying off his shoulders until I’ve realised I should’ve assumed command instead of trying to make do. This… took longer than I’d like to admit.

On the other hand, my Dragoon also ended up losing his only friend, Cauis d’al Cazarosta in my first Guns run and returning home with less than successful career, so it was sad regardless of dying loop he was stuck in during the first game.

In Werewolves: Haven Rising, in the final battle if you make any wrong choice at all you die. :pensive:

I was naïve and fresh faced to the Choice world many years ago, having been introduced and lured into this place by the kind words of Wayhaven’s author, when I (stupidly) believed that every other story would be just as kind to my choices in romance, no matter how shady it may have seemed— and sis. S i s. I will deadass never ever ever forget how insanely I gaslit myself by pushing through the Tom route in Zombie Exodus and how I ignorantly ignored every obvious red flag the story sent my way, and absolutely annihilated myself and hours of gameplay for a psychopath.

Never. EVER. Again. Will I fall to the whims of my ignorance in romance in an IF. It’s cold out here.

That game not only made me fall in love with survival stories, it also gave me a reality check akin to a slap in the face with a wet rotten fish. Rip.

9 Likes

oh same with that major red flag yet i so blind

My least favorite ending i got was from smaurai of hyguya. Bruh i got turned into my charge and it doesnt even explain what happens to your body. Does your comatose friend get traped in there or what? I really want there to be a different ending availble but i also dont want to replay until the next one is out. You full on take over the body of the person your supposed to protect, than there is also the fact that both the people i romanced are either dead or a demon now. Its a roller coaster.