What is the status of Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets?

It interests me and I would like to know its current status. It supposedly ended its beta testing stage a few weeks back.

2 Likes

The next stage after beta testing is copyedit, and I haven’t heard anything since then, so that’s probably the stage where it is. (BTW, the beta actually ended just 6 days ago, not a few weeks ago.)

2 Likes

Usually there’s about a month or two between the end of beta and the release of a game. If I had to guess, I’d say it will probably be out … early May-ish?

I’m surprised it doesn’t have a page on Steam yet, though.

(I’m seriously excited for this game too! Magic school mystery romance = take my money already.)

1 Like

do all the new Heart’s Choice releases appear on the Heart’s Choice app too?

Yes they will be launched on the Heart’s Choice app, and will be officially announced on the mailing list and on the forum.

4 Likes

do you happen to know the general stages when it comes to new books? Like Alpha test → beta test → copyedit → ???

If there are that is

1 Like

At least in-so-far as I understand it, it should be beta testing > copy editing/proofing > demo release > full release.

But I’m new here, so if someone else has a different answer, good likelihood they know better lol.

1 Like

To use the terms you’ll see on the Upcoming Releases post, it’s

In progress > Draft review/revision > Beta > Copyedit > Release

Freshman Magic should be out today but the Heart’s Choice shop screen is completely blank, atm. Not only is it not showing any new games, all the old games have disappeared too

1 Like

Yes, we’re investigating that right now.

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It should now be working again if you restart the app or delete and reinstall it!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This title is now released! New Heart's Choice Game! "Freshman Magic: Spellbooks and Tangled Sheets" by Raven de Hart