Wellspring : Origin

Isn’t the NuGATE a little careless? For all they know, they may be nurturing sociopaths and future terrorists that could perhaps one day pose a serious threat to the organisation, especially should they achieve distaster class powers. Are they prepared for that kind of situation?
Personally, I appreciate their seemingly indifferent approach to my individuality regardless of my past actions and their aid in developing my abilities, but that does not have to be the case for all would-be villains.

1 Like

That is a very good question, and a keen observation as usual. I don’t want to give too much away at this point, but I will say that NuGATE has measures in place to protect their interests. As you may know from reading the stories of some of the notable enhanced people that had contact with NuGATE in the past, things have not always gone smoothly for the academy. Let us just say , that they have learned from their mistakes.

5 Likes

considering that some of the possible superpowers are very powerful… people would treat us differently? I think that if we manage to increase our level of power very much, it will happen that way but I also believe that by the simple fact of having a power like gravity manipulation, people of the same level would have us some “respect” even if we still do not start to improve it after all even if I have super strength I would not fight with someone able to control the gravity.

3 Likes

You make a good point. However, most abilities don’t amount to much. Therefore someone with an ability as interesting as gravity manipulation would not necessarily get any more respect than any other enhanced person. It is assumed that most will turn out to be mediocre at best. This is explained in the enhanced classification portion, which most play throughs include.

6 Likes

thanks for answering

I would also like to request that you add the save the game feature. I do not know how hard that is but I really see it as something very necessary and useful.

2 Likes

I will do so on my next update.

6 Likes

@Blmc000 First and foremost, thank you for your commitment to hearing our voices and indulging our many questions! Can you explain what the Savoir Faire stat is?

1 Like

I am always happy to answer any questions, and I am grateful for any feedback. The Savoir Faire stat can be thought of as a combination of charm, poise, and charisma.

4 Likes

When I choose the option of being rivals with Quinn it seems that he is afraid of confronting us, is that true?

1 Like

I would not say that they are afraid, I would call it reluctance derived from a healthy respect of your abilities.

6 Likes

I was wondering, for Scry, would you consider adding an option that merely praises her powers or intellectual abilities without the megalomaniac or righteous additions?

1 Like

that was also a problem that I had at that time

1 Like

@VelvetDivine and @Heiwa I will add this change to the next update. Thank you for pointing this out.

1 Like

Flattering, you’re too kind

3 Likes

I hate to spam the thread but I came across a few more places that might benefit from additional options:

1. When deciding how to feel about Dreadnought I had the same issue as Scry with the “Flies and boot” analogy. Is it possible for us to acknowledge that the UN should have bowed to their better without being quite so “Bwahahaha!” about it?

2. For the Urchin backstory could we be angry and vindictive towards just the Slum lords instead of lumping in Arnold with them?

3. In the wealthy backstory, during the world economy section there is an option to declare that we care more for beauty than money but there is no option about valuing knowledge over money.

1 Like

Thank you, once again. These suggestions will be implemented in the update.

This is the purpose of the thread. I appreciate all of your valuable input!

5 Likes

I know it may seem a little strange but I personally believe that a secret option for when you talk about savage Pete would be good if you are from the slums and your parents traded you in for drugs. I think it would make sense if you would have at least a slight urge to hurt savage Pete sense he is claimed to have made the drug your parents sold you for.

Also I don’t know why and I may be the only one who thinks this but I think it would be interesting if you could have a chance to convince the drug dealer to take care of you. Of course I also understand that maybe it doesn’t really make sense for the drug dealer to do that.

1 Like

This will be addressed further along in the story.

I initially penned a narrative option in which the MC was raised by the Slum Kings, however, it caused too many detours to the main story. As I’m sure you are aware, I already ave a preponderance of variables in this story. I ended up removing that story path (along with several others) in order to make the project more manageable, and to commit my efforts to making a few great story paths, rather than many mediocre ones. Perhaps when my experience with ChoiceScript grows, I will be able to incorporate more elements in a cohesive way.

5 Likes

How many skills can we learn? the number varies according to each power? I clarify that I do not mean what skills bu,t how many

The number and type of skills will vary. The selection list can be as few as three, and as many as ten.

3 Likes