Wanted: extremely speedy beta testers for if comp (due tomorrow)

Hi, I’m entering the IF comp with a story entitled “Miss Duckworthy’s School for Magic-Infested Young People”… tomorrow!

Does anyone want to beta test it, like, immediately??

I think it takes about an hour per play-through.

The word count is well over 100,000 though.

This one has four completely different opening chapters so that’s fun. Probably.

Looking for: probably lots of continuity errors as this has a lot of boolean stats.

Blurb and warnings:
The thing about being seventeen years old and newly infested with magic is that you are no longer a child to be protected, but a problem to be solved.

There’s a solid chance you’ll get shot or stabbed or magically disintegrated, but you definitely won’t get in trouble for hanging with a bad crowd. You are the bad crowd, now and forever, no matter what you do next.

Sure, a lot of people want you exterminated, but that’s true of most teenagers anyway. And like all toxins, you have your uses to the right kinds of people.

If you survive.

*warnings: it is implied that a minor character has attempted to sexually assault at least one person in the past, and they attempt to see another character’s breasts during the story (but they don’t succeed).
*some choices allow the player character to attempt to neglect an animal. The animal is never adversely affected.
*some violence, including options for the player character to fight other characters.

4 Likes

Are you the same Felicity Banks who wrote Fine Felines and The Floating City, and why did you create a new account?

How long is the game (more interested in how long it takes to complete a playthrough than actual word count)? How much time would we have to work on it?

1 Like

There were some lost email issues, the mods and staff are aware and we’ve verified that @Felicity_Banks is the real deal, no imposters :slight_smile:

The IF Comp deadline is the 28th of August so I imagine it’ll be needed before then. @Felicity_Banks I’m afraid I’m not able to squeeze that in as much as I’d like to, but best of luck with testing and the comp - I look forward to playing when the comp begins!

6 Likes

I actually heard from Felicity via email after I posted this, so everything’s cool. I’m looking forward to trying out the game tonight.

4 Likes

@Felicity_Banks actually, now that you have a thread here, would it be more convenient for me to post additional feedback here? I’ll blur all spoilers.

Just in case you need the thread bumped.

I don’t think I’ll need bumping given that I’m posting this so very very late, lol. But feel free to PM either here or at intfic, whichever is most convenient for you.

1 Like

Sorry Felicity won’t have time on such a short notice but good luck with the entry!

1 Like

Interested.

1 Like

How to open game?

@Greninja23401 Beta testing has ended. Please check out the completed contest entry here.

2 Likes