Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

So, I got asked to join the outcasts but for some reason I got this.

You’ve made quite a welcome update, I’m glad my Supervillain MC didn’t have to stay in that academy.

Oddly enough, I didn’t encounter any errors so far, I’ve had a pretty smooth playthrough.

Though I find it interesting to imagine my MC treating the harsh treatment they suffered in the academy (even before a certain ‘Commander’ came into the picture) as another reason to stay a villain, with them thinking “If your idea of reforming me involves treating me like an animal on a leash, I can safely say I’m better off staying a villian.”

Heck, just a suggestion, but perhaps… You could make it possible for the MC tell Katrina (should they vote for Katrina to stay with the group) something similar to the hypothetical quote above, seeing the Academy’s abuse of power as more stoking the MC’s fires for villainy than any incentive to reform. I think this might make for a powerful dramatic moment and even serve as a focal point for possible character development on Katrina’s part. but again, it’s just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!! I’m going to add more by typing cos of character count!

@Liza_P You got that cos I can’t spell but I just updated so that error is taken care of.

1 Like

What do we do to blow up the truck with the serum?

Well, the reason seems pretty clear, you have no way to go to your parents yet, the group doesn’t even know where they are and the same people who just murdered an entier academy could just as well attack your home

I love the update. It appears that the save system isn’t working and I got an error when I chose to join the outcasts but it fixed itself when I went into the stats page and back out again.
I’m loving the characters so far but I think we should probably get some more non-mutant characters who are nice, Katrina’s great and all but it’s a bit hard to side with the heros when we’ve met like one decent person.
Also will there be an option for polyamory romance? I love both Timmi and Kalypso.

First, let me start by saying I love the update, but I have a quick question. I’m trying to pursue Jordan, I got a few kiss scenes but I got this towards the end of the chapter. Is that supposed to happen?

2 Likes

Don’t think so, same thing happened to me and I didn’t flirt with anybody else, or maybe he’s into two timing

Oh more non-mutants (that aren’t total assholes) are on the way! And I wasn’t planning on adding polyamory.

Do you remember how many times you chose the flirting option with Jordan? That scene has a stat check so if you didn’t flirt enough, it didn’t pop up. I’ve been thinking about bringing the check down so it’s easier to get.

Also @Interestedparty did you want to be a beta? I know I said I wanted you as one but I don’t think you ever told me if you would like to or not. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If there isn’t any polyamory (is there a reason?) you might want to consider making the characters react a bit differently if you flirt with more than one of them. I flirted with Kalypso while Timmi (who I’d already flirted with) was standing right there and she still reacted the same way as if I hadn’t flirted with her.

2 Likes

No, there really wasn’t a reason that I wasn’t adding it, only reason I can think of is the extra coding that it’s going to add. But I will think about it. Also, I was planning to add some jealousy scenes but it also depends on the character. Timmi’s not the type of character to get jealous of you flirting with someone else, cheating is a different story.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll do it. Sounds fun.

that’s probably a good idea because I find it weird that I’ve flirted with this guy almost every chance, but then he’s sleeping next to my best friend?!, but maybe the game knows my mc is a jerk since I was romancing Rees, but clicked on a wrong option and bam she’s sleeping next to Jordan restarted the game to romance Jordan because I’m petty same thing happens, or maybe that’s something supposed to happen I mean I don’t ship them, but the game seems to, that makes the mc be the one getting in the way of a otp, do some character get together even if you don’t encourage it? Will there be same sex couple ?? Sorry if I come of as annoying

Not at all. If you don’t romance either Jordan or Reese they end up getting together. And then if you encourage it, Ezekiel and Timmi can as well. There aren’t any same sex couples.

1 Like

I hope to fix that with Leto :smiling_imp:

1 Like

If you’d like help I have a history of beta testing

And I can’t pick anything but no

It’s the secret ending.
You say you don’t like Chealsea’s leadership, and she kills your game.

Also, @ToxicDreams
Was that woman in the hallway a mutant or a human?

I laughed far too hard at this, possibly also because I was drinking. But @Phoenix_Wolf it’s a problem with the old save not having the same stats as the new startup text.

What woman?

That one trapped under rubble during the extermination scene, shouting “help me! Help me! I’m a stupid nobody that will die this scene no matter what you do! And I won’t give any indication whether I’m human or mutant, so you have no idea what level of shits you should be giving about this!”