Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

Well, I’m a tad bit late.

I’d say Kalissa’s greatest fear is being alone. She’s been alone for the majority of her childhood, surrounded by people who hate her and being completely ostracized by society. This bred in her a hatred for all humankind, as well as a yearning for connection and intimacy with others that had been denied to her at a very young age.
It’s partly why she wants to annihilate the human race. If the world were comprised of those who were like her, then she’d finally be surrounded by people she could connect with.

Let’s be honest here, aren’t Hipsters already a kind of villain?

Eh, Samurai of Hyuga made it. So did a few others that I can’t name off the top of my head.
Really, developers could probably get away with a lot more than they are actually trying to right now.

In American culture, the sex might actually be the bigger problem. Blood, gore, and death shouldn’t give you any trouble.

I can picture how my questioning would have gone if he just asked one more question.

“So, kid, what are your goals in life?”

“I am going to exterminate the human race. Every last man, woman, and child will die screaming in agony until only the mutants, the master race, reign supreme on this planet.”

“…Right, maybe school isn’t the best place for you.” Game Over.

Well, typically, the main psychological effect of darkness based powers is making the user really moody.
Childhood already did that, so what’s to fear?

4 Likes

Welcome to prison we have power dampers

What’s power dampers backwards?

Srepmad rewop.

But also power enhancers. Turn it up to eleven. Find a way to steal the powers of other darkness wielders.

3 Likes

Still not really powerful enough.
I wonder why the MC is weak though, you’re the child of 2 infamous villains and like almost everyone talked about you. Just from being the child of 2 villains you should be Class B at the very least but your power is below average. Maybe your mom was weak or something?

1 Like

Lisa Simpson: To prolong the length of the show I was secretly given Anti Growth Hormones.
Homer Simpson: that’s crazy how would I get three drops in her cereal every day?

protagonist mom South Park the fractured but whole: We wanted to suppress your powers so the government wouldn’t catch us but the medicine in your food didn’t work the side effect being really horrible gas.

But nah I got no idea why your powers are weak.

1 Like

I think the story could be a lot more cool if you were strong. You would succeed in the destroying the truck mission and continue doing villain things then they’d have to bring their best heroes to arrest you. Then in the academy the guards will think they are better than you without your powers but you’d break the dampener and sacrifice all of them by absorbing their life force in a dark ritual.

Maybe even have a ultimate skill that creates a mini black hole (like in the WIP called phasma) that is really hard to control at first but can potentially destroy a whole city

Darkness powers have the potential to be most powerful powers I the universe because the universe is filled with darkness.

4 Likes

O yes thank you for finally saying it! Just because we make a nuclear bomb out of thin air doesn’t mean we couldn’t beat someone who can.

1 Like

I wish to advised the author to stay away from our conversations, inquiries and theories of the future of this story and character’s, to avoid potential spoilers by confirming or denying our curiosities. Best to remain quiet, just my suggestion.

11 Likes

Everyone’s over here talking about death and destruction, meanwhile I’m wondering where the options to burn down the academy, make everyone my evil minions, and take over the world are at.

Personally I prefer the level we start at right now. It’s way more satisfying both gameplay and story wise that we need to build ourselves up into a powerhouse, plus it’d be boring if you could just rolfstomp everyone from the start.

1 Like

Plus it’s called Villain: The Catalyst not Villain: Subtitles are for books who expect a sequel so they have to distinguish it from the rest.

Which is so much snark I think I defused my point but to reach godlike power levels that’s a book 3 type thing. We have to start small and this is book 1

3 Likes

I don’t think the academy is that bad to be honest. The idea of an academy that let mutants interact with each other, make friends and learn to control their power is a good one. I’d say the problem is with the guards and the heroes getting to bully others. The academy could be good if it was a senior mutant who managed it instead of humans and the students would all get treated equally and get to use their powers more freely.

If you compare it to Dragon Age for example the current academy is kinda like the circles, it’s supposed to be a learning place but is more of a prison in reality.

And about the powers I don’t think you’ll ever be a powerhouse at all, it is said you’d might get up to Class C which is basically an average mutant.

7 Likes

Give it time just give it time. With practice and so.e enhancers we can be Gods

1 Like

I think a fear of being restrained would probably be the most accurate for my MC in all this. Not being able to make their own choices but have to bend to someone else way, if you will.

Of course, that already means the academy with all it’s restrictions in already hell to my MC, so dunno if this actually helps you in any way, but oh well.

As a second though, perhaps a fear of being reshaped away from your chosen villainous path and into a model hero?

2 Likes

What would you call that? I’m thinking fear of being molded but it doesn’t sound right . . . would I simply say fear of being reshaped?

1 Like

Hmm… That is a very good question. I’l probably give it some thought and come back to you once I have some ideas?

On the top of my head I can only seem to think that perhaps “Lead astray” or “losing ones true self” might work?

2 Likes

That is simply fear of change, and it is usually meet with denial.

Not quite.

What I mean isn’t a fear of things being different. It’s more a fear of becoming something you dread or fear. Remember, the MC is raised a villain, with villain friends and family. He/she might of course not agree with them, but what about the chases where MC does agree?

We think of the hero as the good guy and the villain as the bad one, but wouldn’t the villain think the opposite? One rarely does think oneself evil, even if others around one would say that.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that the MC isn’t afraid of change itself, but of becoming something they view as inherently bad. Like the fear of becoming to extreme in ones mindset, like a terrorist is. They do view themselves as being in the right, after all. (A very extreme and far out example, I know, but it was the first thing I could think of.)

3 Likes

The irony of that is that both wolverine and jubilee are based on powers very weak but rated very very dangerous (several tiers higher) due to their powers and tactics combined.

6 Likes

Ah I see, so would that imply they fear the possibility their values, their actions and their ‘reality’ being inherently wrong or misguided? The fear that their natural is infact unnatural.

1 Like