Variables Help - (RESOLVED)

[Resolved] and edited. : )

1 Like

Hi, I’m not an expert or anything, but could it be that because when it first checks the health, it then goes to “label chart”, and thus, skips the other two?

And no need to hide, really, no one will eat you :stuck_out_tongue: (At least, I won’t).

Also, try to put everything that if not *create, in the choicescript_stats.txt file instead. It will be easier to keep track of it. (once of course the problem will be solved.)

I’ll try to use *gosub in the meanwhile, and see if it solves your problem :slight_smile:

I changed the chart to 3 different labels heath_chart , rank_chart + status_chart , and is currently working. Thanks you for your help! : )

1 Like

It works? Great! :slight_smile:

I’m glad to have helped.

1 Like

Just made a few modifications, and tested it, it works fine so far. This is the stat screen, I removed all the code that didn’t start with *create in the startup.txt file.

Thanks! I’ll try to use all that, on a side note, are ( ) something I should be doing for variables? : )

1 Like

I don’t think so, but I took the habit of doing it. :sweat_smile:

But in case of multiple conditions, you have to.

Will take up that habit then!
I’ve kept some stats in Hollow Tree, as I want the player to look at their stats screen as little as possible. It’s like when players get into flow while playing video games, they don’t go back to check numbers of their stats, they know what buffs, skill points, etc, don’t need to check. It’s like in life, you don’t check what sort of morals or personality you have, you know it. The game should show you who you are without the stats screen. It’s like I don’t need to check stats screen while playing Tin Star or SoI etc, because the game shows me in the game itself. The Hollow Tree scene, is going to be at end of the game itself, like an achievements stat screen in video games. During the game, you’ll have worded stat summaries at the end of each chapter and (like Tin Star’s worded stats screen) and I’ve also got different characters that will describe different aspects of the character if ask them, so can keep up to date if wish. : )

1 Like

Oh alright, I didn’t know.

It seems like a very interesting concept, I’m really looking forward to seeing how you do it. :smiley: