"Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road" Demo Available Now!

The blurred out options are dlc which has to be purchased so until the IF is released and you purchase them in game you won’t be able to play as them.

The tremere and caitiff were playable when the demo first dropped if you pre-ordered the dlc, it wasn’t supposed to be available get so they refunded it, they also reduced how far you could go in the demo with chapter 4. Tremere were similar to the other clans with how they assigned stats so I’m not sure why they were included separately but the Caitiff feel different enough I suppose. Dlc for a text game feels kind of unnecessary as it’s all stuff that could’ve been included in the base game. Still so excited for this world of darkness license this is so well written

3 Likes

I really don’t see how text Vs non-text games differ here? The work has to be done either way, regardless of when. I.e. extra content is extra content.

Now if you’re saying “Day One DLC” could have been in the base game, that’s a different story.

2 Likes

No disrespect intended with it, I just feel like the sort of material included in those two clans isn’t drastically different than those of the other clans. Malkavians and nossies aren’t included as playable clans as I think they would require drastic rewrites in the main plot, for example, but the caitiff and tremere don’t seem very different as far as the main plot goes that would necessitate a full dlc. We still haven’t seen the price of the base game yet so I feel like this dlc could’ve just been added to the original game’s price. I’m still buying it all on the day it comes out

1 Like

Until actual release or an official statement from staff, I feel it is premature to talk about the dlc.

The only things we know at this moment is that they exist (besides the few that got to experience it on a bugged demo).

Let us not discuss it any longer here.

4 Likes

Yes, the Usurpers and Outcasts IAP is extra content for the game. It wasn’t part of the original plan for the game, Kyle wrote most (all? I forget…) of the game then went back and wrote more content for Caitiff and Tremere playthroughs.

We’ll have more exciting news about this IAP on Thursday, so let’s all keep calm about Choice of Games having an IAP until then.

Also, we have a bunch of games that include IAP extras like this, if you aren’t aware. (All the Heroes Rise games, the Versus series, Pon Para and the Great Southern Labyrinth, Choice of Romance: Affairs of the Court, A Midsummer Night’s Choice, Choice of Zombies. And that’s just COG titles, not HG titles.)

12 Likes

Very interesting demo! I played my vampire mc as from clan toreador :slightly_smiling_face: never played the game this story is based upon so idk alot about the world or anything but I really enjoyed what I read so far. Looking forward to the complete release!:heart:

ah, vampire the masquerade, my favorite vampire setting. It seens we will be playing a 11th generation neonate in the dreaded world of darkness…we’re f*cked.

3 Likes

The game prevents you from not having enough money to buy a car and should have explained that you needed to ensure you had the funds to purchase one.

Since each item and its respective cost is added to a “master sales list” each time you click on an option, I think what happened here was you clicked on the clothing options first before you clicked on the cars.

As a result, the game told you that you couldn’t afford the High-end Suit without explaining why. It is a bit of an oversight.

Oh it’s basically a day one dlc situation, added extra clans that weren’t even in the original game. Yeah that’s a completely reasonable reason for it tbh. Thanks, I feel an explanation as to why that’s the case was what most of us were looking for.

8 Likes

Sad that my favorite clan(Malks) aren’t involved, but their cracked prescient shenanagans would be hell to write.

Wanna play this fresh so not touching the demo, but this looks really nice and will be waiting with baited breath.

7 Likes

Me before playing: Yeah I’m probably gonna go anti-Camarilla for my first run
Me after seeing the Eagle Prince: Right, time to smooch this guy or experience final death trying

…And I’m not even running a Toreador build.

Jokes aside, I wasn’t expecting official in game art for the major players so that was a pleasant surprise. But this is absolutely a day one buy.

17 Likes

Hey the stat screen looks just like the tabletop character sheet! Neat

Gangrel forever, baby

6 Likes

From what I was reading it meant more you can’t afford it and a car together. And you absolutely need a car.

Is there information about word count? Sorry if I missed it.

This is going to be fun!

So this was nice but I feel like it was written for someone who is way more into cars than I am

6 Likes

@Moochava I have a couple of questions

1. What happens if a vampire impregnates a human and vice versa? Would a hybrid be born?
  2. Can a vampire eat human food?
1 Like

To the best of my knowledge of World of Darkness lore:

1. Vampires can’t sexually reproduce like a human, they’re animated dead people. You can’t knock up a corpse and a corpse can’t knock up you.

2. Part of the vampire curse is that normal food becomes unbelievably revolting. Your undead body rejects anything that isn’t blood. With an act of will you can choke down food, even pretend to enjoy it, but it won’t nourish you and you will eventually have to vomit it up.

10 Likes

I personally believe that vampires are not dead otherwise they would be in a state of decomposition, I believe that vampires are a kind of strange living beings

1 Like