Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

so gotta ask who is the dragon mc ancestor?

Do we just happen to run into them?

The human appearance of the MC inavilita his “natural” (non-magical) skills how: strength, speed and resilience? would we be like any human?
Can we use magic using human appearance?
Is a relationship between different species normal?
What do the big clans think of this?

[quote = “BrachydiosX, post: 1736, topic: 31311”]
Children who emerge from an interspecific relationship may have some of the unique racial characteristics of both parents, but the characteristics of one of the parents would be even more dominant and normally the mother’s race is the most dominant.
[/ quote]

if one of the parties is human, would it be a human son with MC powers or weaker than others of the MC species?
I guess humans called gods supernatural beings, they have deities?

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the new demo to come out.

4 Likes

same. I have read yersterday the whole thread and im so hyped

3 Likes

The ancestor of the Dragon MC is one of the eight elder Dragon’s. So basically, the Dragon MC inherited their powers from one of the most powerful creatures in non-human history.

3 Likes

Umm, something similar to that. However, I can’t say to much about this yet. Don’t want to spoil the story for you.

3 Likes

No, you would still have all your supernatural powers, natural abilities and enhanced attributes while being in human form. Though, you should be careful. Using any of your powers (such as Summoning your Soul Weapon as a Soulmancer) would cancel the effects of the spell that created your human disguise. However, you can still use your enhanced attributes without trouble, since they don’t influence the effects of the spell.

Yes you can, but only low-tier spells, since anything more potent would mess with your human disguise.

To be honest, a few centuries back it was extremly unusal and often even frowned upon, if beings of two different races would be in a relationship. Luckily, things have positively changed since then and interspecies relationships are now quite normal. However, there are also certain non-human races (and clans) who still stick to the old traditions and conventions and only seek relationships with someone of their own kind.

If a human and a non-human would have a child together, their child either be one hundret percent human or one hundret percent non-human. There is no “in between” in these cases.

There are many non-humans who believe in the same Gods as the humans, though for them its more or less because they know that most of the deities from the various mythologies and religions (such as Norse, Shinto or Greek) actually existed or still exist. Still many non-humans still pray to these Gods and Deities or at least show them their respect.
However there are also many Non-humans who prefer to, instead of following One of the many gods or religions, follow the ways of the Elder Dragon’s, the powerful eight beings who stood up against the gods freed the world from their tyranical grasp several millenia ago.

5 Likes

As the grey wolf will their be times were you lose control to your beastial nature

3 Likes

Do you plan on making this into multiple books?

2 Likes

so since you said one of dos that mean we get to choose? cuz if we do then i’m a relative of Mana

To be honest, it is possible for you to lose control to your beastial side in specific scenarios, like if you get extremly angry. Also, it can sometimes even happen that your beastial and feral side shows itself in more normal and relaxed situations, for example while you’re Eating.
Though, you could actually even take advantage of your beastial nature (in fights for example), which could boost all your attributes to almost a tenfold. However, you should be extremly careful in this case. Once you break the Chain that keeps your beastiality at bay it might be quite hard to bring it back under control.
Luckily the Grey Wolfs found a quite effective way to use the advantages of their feral natures, while still keeping their beastiality and feral side under control.

7 Likes

As far as I am up to date letting us choose would have caused some plot troubles, if those still persist then, it will be a fixed one of them

1 Like

To be honest, that was actually more or less my plan. I would really like to turn this project of mine into a series consisting of several books and fill it with all the ideas, characters and concepts I created during the last year.

8 Likes

Yep, he is right. The ancestor of the Dragon MC will be already pre set and sadly not chooseable for you. As @Noah said, it would have simply created to many plot problems if I would have actually gave you the option to choose one.

1 Like

A bit of a random question, but while replaying the demo I noticed it mention how a soulmancer needs runic clothes despite looking human with a blue aura, does that mean your aura physically damages anything that isn’t “you” if you’re not careful? Or just left it since all other races wear runic clothes?

No sorry for asking a difficult question, I knew you had restarted but guessed a little wrongly that you may reuse some of it (runic clothes idea). Wasn’t an important question anyway, just my own curiousity.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood what you meant. Well to be honest, I actually reused some of my old ideas, even the one with the runic clothes. Well ok, reused might be the wrong word. I reworked most of them, while still keeping some of their basic ideas. For example the part with clothes. My very first idea was that all Non-Humans with inhuman features would wear magical enhanced clothes, which would adept themself on their own to the Body of its wearer. However, this idea sadly wasn’t that well thought through (as you noticed at the Part with the Soulmancer) and I had to discard and exchange it with a more efficient concept (at least in my eyes).
Now all of your clothes are specifically tailored for your race and inhuman features and will change as well through the effects of the spell that allows you to disguise as a human. For example, as a Dragon your clothes will be tailored in a way, that won’t restrict your wings or tail and would be made from a material that won’t get stuck in your scales. Of course, all these special characteristics would vanish together with your inhuman features once the spell is used.

I hope this could answer your previous question at least a little.

7 Likes

For everyone who might be interested, I have some new informations for. This time it actually involves around the new demo, or rather the new additions I managed to include during these last few months. All in all, I worked overall on three major additions which will have an actual impact on the story and a few more smaller additions (such as a few more cosmetic options for your character during character creation) which are a little bit less significant than the others but still important (at least for me). But back to the major additions. These additions were the ones I put most of my effort into and since I haven’t actually mentioned any of them until now (at least to most of you), I thought you would like to get a little insight into my work of these last few months. However, since I don’t want to spoil to much for you I would only give you a basic description for these three additions without any major informations.

The new three major additions for my story are:

• Four new Soulmancer Classes, each with their own unique abilities and backstory
  • A completely new non-human race for your character, giving you a total of six different races (not counting Soulmancer Classes) to choose from
  • A new male character/romance option, which will be introduced during the Prolog

Well then, this would be all for now. However there is one last thing. If you would like to learn a little bit more about these new additions, and don’t mind some little spoilers, I would be more than eager to give you some more detailed informations. Of Course only of you are interested.

23 Likes

I was planning on being a gunslinger soulmancer in the first place but I’m interested into knowing about the new classes.

2 Likes