Two New Hosted GameS! "Relics of the Lost Age" By James Shaw and "The Brothers' War" By Fionn Graham

Congrats to both authors.

2 Likes

Iā€™m late to the party, but congratulations to @Schliemannsghost and @Fionn! These are both going on my wishlist! :smile: :smile: :smile:

3 Likes

I canā€™t find Relics on google play.
Whatā€™ s happening ?

Thanks you

Are you in Germany, by any chance? Iā€™ve had a couple of readers (or potential readers, at least!) from Germany say they canā€™t find it on the app store. Weā€™ve been wondering if Google might be nervous about laws in Germany to do with representing Nazis, since the main villains in the game are Nazis.

Hi

No iā€™m in France. Itā€™s very strange because on Amazon i can see this application.

1 Like

OK, Iā€™ll pass it on. I donā€™t know if COG/HG can do anything about this, or if itā€™s an issue with Google, but Iā€™ll let them know. Thank you!

Finaly Relics of the Lost Age!

Iā€™m glad I gave the Relics demo a shot. The stats look simple and intuitive, the prose is clean, there are plenty of nifty details (like Herr Paulus philosophy, which seems like a deturpated reading of Nietzsche)and it moves with the tempo of a swashbuckling world-adventure. Iā€™m only at the start, but it already looks good, and the fact that itā€™s written by an academic with a strong knowledge of history feels like the icing on the cake. Iā€™d definitely recommend trying the demo to anyone on the fence.

But I have a question for @Schliemannsghost: is the MCā€™s surname always Spillane? Iā€™m just curious because I tend to give my characters their own names.

2 Likes

@Vertigo Yeah. I originally set the MCā€™s surname because I was planning to put the name in the title, to give it a real Indiana Jones feel (ā€œDr. Spillane and the Relics of the Lost Ageā€, like ā€œIndiana Jones and the Temple of Doomā€). But then, when I was part-way through writing it, I discovered that there was a 30-character limit on game titles for technical reasons, so I had to take the name out. But by that point I was so attached to the MC being called ā€œDr. Spillaneā€ that I couldnā€™t bring myself to change it! You do get to set their first name, at least!

2 Likes

I see, thanks! And itā€™s no problem at all! I can actually se the pros of having the main character having a fixed surname like that. I guess I suspected that ā€œSpillaneā€ was a pseudonym that Schneider and Paulus used for the MC because they didnā€™t know their true name, and it would be revealed somewhere down the story. But thanks for clearing it up!

1 Like

Relics is an excellent game and I would not hesitate to compare it to some of my all time favorites like Robots, Tin Star or Sabres/Guns. Well done and really looking forward to the sequel :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Letā€™s talk about the Amazing story called relics of the lost Age. I felt like an Adventurer movie (yes sometimes I had to think about Indiana Jones) but Spillane and Hopkins have much more style here one thing gave me grate trouble and soured everything for me the Whole torture debuff thing even with low debuffs I couldnā€™t use my favorite skills

1 Like

Love the idea behind Brotherā€™s War. It is a new, refreshing environment. However, there are a lot grammatical and continuity errors. In addition, I seem to run into perhaps only 3-5 stat checks, most of them involving combat. I feel like there can be more involvement with the stats. The pacing of the story is a bit off, and seems rushed. I feel like it can be fleshed out more. Nevertheless, I respect the work done and humbly hope for future improvements.