Treasure Seekers of Lady Luck Stat Value help

I found some errors, where for example I’m a scientist and the science option is grayed out.

I can’t for the life of me get the beacon on the cop, but my biggest problem with the game is that it just seems a little short. Maybe they’re supposed to be sequel hooks but I’d like at least one of the dangling plotlines addressed in the game itself, the story seemed nowhere near over.

And I can’t say I’m thrilled with the choice of cop killer versus traitor to the people who saved my life.

@stsword
To get the beacon on the GPF officer, when seeing them for the second time, you need to “sure ill help you (stand up and shake their hand)”

@WolfieGrey
There were several typos in the test version, I reported all I saw - and I would presume others tested it and reported their own. Still one or two typos don’t tend to break a game, I can’t remember a CoG release that didn’t have at least one typo.

I also *got* the scene where the captain says put the homing beacon on the GFPO and the (Lie) stuff all worked for me. Most peculiar.

So…
To make it easier on the CoG Team and the game’s author, I’ve made a thread for bugs here. If you’d all be so kind as to post in it, listing all your TECHNICAL issues with the game (save your opinions for later, or discuss them somewhere else by all means!) - It’d be very much appreciated!

It was pretty underwhelming. The countless bugs have already been mentioned. The story is way too short, the “one or the other” type of relationship thing made absolutely no sense.

Also what was the point of adding Kraska in the relationship panel? There’s no point where you can interact with him and it seems Borion’s relationship rises no matter how cruel you are to him.

@HelloThere
*Spoiler*

And he dies no matter what as well…

Wolfie, I’ve tried that, all I get is “but you can’t plant the bug on her because she’s paying too much attention” or some such.

I even tried it on an infiltrator run, thinking someone trained in stealth would have an easier time, but nope.

Borion? No, he can be saved.

@Ramidel

How? In every game of mine he dies

I’m with Turtler on this one. I played the demo, and it wasn’t that bad, but not quite compelling enough to hook me despite my dislike of the game’s opposed stat and approval systems. I was hoping to pop onto this thread, read the comments, and discover that my reservations about the game were unfounded. Unfortunately it seems that there are reasons for concern.

Why does your leadership score increase just because you act like a rebellious 13-year old flouting parental authority in a bid to establish their independence? Or conversely, why does it decrease when you do the intelligent thing and look at the alien creature that one of your team members has identified and alerted you to? Why does everything you do to make one character like you make another character dislike you even when the second character has no knowledge of what you said to the first character? The opposed stat and approval systems are rather arbitrary and often don’t make sense, and having read some of the early reviews, I can’t say that I’m surprised that it gets worse the farther you get into the game. The game has potential, but this particular implementation of an opposed stat and approval system feels arbitrary and artificial instead of natural and organic.

Regarding the slavery comments in this thread…Having not played the full game, I’m going to hold off on commenting on the way slavery is depicted in the game other than to say that not all slaves have to be mistreated or rebellious. Historically speaking, many slaves owned by benevolent masters/mistresses were so content with their lots that they refused offers of freedom. So while slavery as an institution was vile, and a significant portion of the slave population was treated terribly, many slaves also lead better and more content lives than a lot of people who were nominally free.

I’m of two minds about Thisi’s phermones. As presented it doesn’t bother me personally. It’s not mind control, and it doesn’t take away your consent. It just amps up her sex appeal. Nevertheless, after some consideration, I also recognize that had she been male instead of female, I would have been extremely uncomfortable with the situation as presented, to the point where it would have significantly lessened my enjoyment. So I think it would be better if players who want to play characters that are not attracted to women can opt out of having such a strong attraction to one.

So, having played the demo, I’m not really sure about this game. The premise seemed really cool (joining a crew of space pirates? awesome!) but the game itself is… underwhelming. And it’s difficult to really roleplay the pc because the choices presented so far seem to fall into two extremes.
“Hey want to join our crew and if you say no we’ll enslave you”

1. Sure I’d love to!
  2. Go to hell
    Why is there no option to join them out of a sense of self-preservation, or lie with the intention of escaping at the first opportunity? Being so gung-ho about joining them makes it really bizarre if you try to escape later on.

So, for people who have played the full version, does this game get better past the demo? Should I wait to purchase until the bugs have been patched, or should I just skip this one entirely?

nope @Eridanna go to real no sense stats bugs worse but to this link is for errors not talk about the game go to the other link

@MaraJade Sorry, which other link? The only other ones I’ve seen for this game are for bug reporting and discussing Thisi.

discussing thisi I think this is for stats errors
edit I will do a game general discussion review

Good points all.

@P_Tigras

The opposed stat system and the poor definition of leadership (to the extent I can tell, I can’t really be sure of anything given how jumbled things are) were also things I felt like bringing up, to say the least. It certainly raises eyebrows.

Regarding slavery, that aspect of it was something I touched upon a bit earlier, though rather obliquely. I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying but at the same time am still cautious and have my misgivings. I agree that as an institution (to the degree it can really be called a single institution) slavery was universally evil but not equally so, and was actually pretty complex and varied. Everybody tends to think of Southern (US) chattel slavery when they see the word, but that varied *very* considerably from when in started out as a (supposedly) more humane alternative to assimilate captured enemies rather than massacring them, and in particular tend to forget issues like in Classical Athens and Rome where there were often slaves with considerable holdings of their own (even other slaves) and even legal protection (like in Athens where it was illegal to mistreat or murder your slave).

On the whole, it was that knowledge that made me willing and interested to hear out how this would go, and to deal with things like Borion’s view of his own oppression. Because it can make sense, and a lot of the other material dealing with it (especially Borion finding all the loot and reminding him that he can/should have it too, because not everyone is a slave) seemed quite fitting. What twigged me- and this is still somewhat subjective- is that my gut felt uneasy because it seemed to be going *too* far in that direction. Seemed to be treating this as though it’s more subjective than it really is (take a look at the first convo option you have about it, when you are with Borion in the brig). Just because slavery is not uniformly practiced everywhere, slavers are humans (and varied) too, and it’s part of the culture… does not make it that excusable or really *palatable* in my opinion; the fact that we’re given so many options to give a glorified shrug to it and so few to speak out against it tweaks me wrong.

I’m not opposed to having a slaveowning society that is more than a one dimensional portrayal of evil, but I’m even more opposed to going the other way.

I feel like a bit from my other RP can help illuminate. One of the fanmade/completely constructed nations is an unholy mashup. They’re basically an unholy mismash of Golden Age/Age of Exploration Spain and Portugal, mixed with Francoist and Salazarian Spain and Portugal, mixed in with the Ottomans, mixed in with the Barbary and Somali pirate states, mixed in with Carthage (and with a bit of Roman and Italian thrown in for flavor/clarity, which unsurprisingly does nothing to make relations with the *actual* Italian expy anything less than seething hatred), mixed in with a completely fictional country based on one of the former which we stole the name and some of the styles from as a sort of shoutout.

With all that implies, both good and bad. They’re a vestigial empire that makes a huge part of its’ profits based on slavery, smuggling, and piracy. They’re quite culturally and materialistically advanced, and have produced a lot that hte rest of the world still looks to. They’re divided interally between a corrupt and wannabe totalitarian/absolutist imperial monarch on one hand, and various corrupt and thuggish “cartels” on the other. Moral principles, political freedom, economic freedom, and the idea of sacrosanct rights are all but alien to them. But so is racism; even the most established and powerful noble from a long-established line risks being stripped of everything and sent out to the fields to die if they lose an internal fight, but they will accept you as one of their own if you want to be one and walk the walk. This revolutionary in a world where their largest ally mass murders people for having blue hair and even the objectively more humane/“Good” nations and governments struggle with it. They also have a domestic slave system that is *at any given moment* probably as large as the West Indies/American slave trade was in total, and which is as inhumane or more than it ever was. That is because they were immensely innovative even though the industrial revolution barely affected/skipped over them (due largely to their dependence on slavery), and centuries before they turned the equivalent of the Sahara into one of the worlds’ most densely irrigated and populated areas on the planet, which needs constant and costly manpower and material commitments to keep running and thus stave off mass famine and collapse. They’re looked down upon and their national name is used as invective or shorthand, even by their most trusted ally; but they also vary from individual to individual and are not born pure evil or pure good.

But here’s the thing: make no mistake: collectively these guys- in the form of the cartels and the government- are the *Bad guys.* They are very much so. They are basically a threat second only to- and which serves as The Dragon of- an autocracy that mixes and mashes the Habsburgs, the Bismarckean Reich, Nazi Germany, Tsarist Russia, and the Soviet Union. And they keep pace and earn that spot very well.There are good guys inside it, yes, and complex individuals who do things other than for pure greed, thirst for power, or lust to be evil. But I don’t think *anybody* in the meta (and anybody but a few of the characters in the game) denies that as a system and a form of government, it’s inhumane and evil. Nothing racial about it, and there are plenty of real complexities and grey areas in how the system operates (to say nothing of the individuals themselves), especially since they view it as “how things are” and think- not implausibly- if it stopped it would bring indiscriminate ruin and death rather than just “the South getting ecconomically wrecked.”

But none of my fellow writers even *remotely* think this should be used to give them a pardon or full excuse. I think that sort of clarity is something that’s missing, or if it’s present it is coming across too subtly (at least in the demo.

Does that make any sense at all?

I can understand regarding Thisi, personally- as a Dragon Age fan- I wasn’t *that* bothered by Anders or Zevran coming on, and can’t really understand the Blind Raeg that a lot of my fellows went on, especially with Isabella doing the same to little objection. But like the others said, functionally I do think it *does* strip the player of some choice. The game promises you to choose whether you’re het, gay, or bi; yet regardless it forces you to be attracted to her? I read that as being a violation of that promise, to be honest, and it doesn’t sit well with me.

Is this game worth the buy cause I’m thinking on buying it once my credit card gets delivered judging from the comments I
m having second thought please reply :-c :-c

So, how do u save Borion? Never got the answer to that one?

I haven’t played the game but apparently you have to solve the lava puzzle, see this thread.

1 Like

Thank u so much

1 Like