There's an Error I Can't Spot (Come Here for Help)

Thanks. Now that that’s dealt with I have "line 206: can’t fairAdd to non percentlie value: 0. The concearned line is as followed:

*fake_choice
#You can’t help but stare, you’ve never seen death before.
*set Insanity %+1

You need to set your stats to a number which is not 0 if you’re using percentage gains/losses.

Thank you, my whole prolouge is running smoothly now.

How would I get the ChoiceScript program to run from dropbox?

I’m afraid my skills with a computer software is lacking, steps past ten might as well be Latin to me.

If you can’t follow those instructions you could try searching the forum to see if there’s similar discussions that can help you. I can’t remember precisely how to get dropbox working. All I remember is you need to sign up for an account, and do stuff with public folders.

@Yamamato Okay, for steps 10 and 11, there should be a little Dropbox icon somewhere on your screen (generally in the bottom right). If there is not, there should be a shortcut on your desktop. Open the shortcut and the little icon should appear. Double clicking that should pull up a folder. In that folder should be another folder labeled “Public”. Double click that to open it. Does that help?

Also, what operating system are you using (Windows, Apple, Something else?)

I couldn’t find the “Public” folder, so I made my own, would that work?

I’m using Windows XP.

you have to allow public folder in dropbox settings lol name a normal folder public doesnt work

Oh…

Looked through the Dropbox settings a couple times, couldn’t find where to do that. Either my Dropbox is somehow different (it’s free, so maybe) or I’m just missing it (likely).

You are missing it totally. I havent pc so i couldnt say the exact place i see a bell push there and there is a share allow public files you has to allow it and in your dropbox directory create one public folder. Patience if i could create and share games without pc you could do it too, lol. Please read the dropbox help and not rush the menus

Damn doble posts

Maby you can enable public folder somewhere in settings (top right)

@Yamamato You missed step 9. First, delete the folder you created (just to be sure), then, visit this link and sign in. That should automatically create the public folder you need.

(https://www.dropbox.com/enable_public_folder)

Okay, so I made a link, but whenever I click on it this pops up:

“Our apologies; there was a 404 error while loading game data. Please refresh your browser now; if that doesn’t work, please email support-external@choiceofgames.com with details.”

Have tried everything I could think of for the past few days, and so far I haven’t been emailed back. What are the most common errors in this event?

Did you include everything in the web folder? (You can send that link and I could double check.)

I’m sure I did, but I’ll send it to you in a message.