The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

A lot of us have guessed that it has something to do with the way N reacts towards the MC’s blood, but it’s very confusing considering that N needs less blood than the other members of Unit B. :thinking:

2 Likes

I feel N may need less blood because he may became…“feral” somehow if he drinks too much. Like, he may go into a frenzy of “more!” and not be able to control himself.

(Please don’t hate me and my stupid brain! :flushed:)

4 Likes

That’d be kinda interesting, considering how laid back and controlled he seems to be. It’d also be interesting to see what would happen if the MC asked N to bite them. Would they lose it? Would it drive them mad (not in a “grr, wanna kill the MC” way, but rather in the wild, crazy lovin’ kinda way)? Makes me want do N’s path more, lol.

2 Likes

Here is the link about Bobby’s sister.

I’m going to drop this because I do not want that argument rehashed from days ago, but I’m going to say that I disagree with your assumptions/interpretations here

I know! So perplexing! Well, she said he takes less, right? Maybe he actually needs more but drinks less blood because it goes to his head/changes him in a not-so-good way?

And now I look down at the next post saying the same thing. LOL

That could very well be. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks. That is really interesting. I’d love to see the backstory on it, though I can understand why people would run far away from Bobby. Or drown them. :expressionless:

I so want to see feral N. That would be very cool.

We’ve definitely got hints about N already and the blood thing:

• Gets less blood than the others
  • Rebecca’s strange reaction when N calls the MC intoxicating
  • N avoiding the whole topic of blood as much as possible
  • N needing to completely turn around to control their hunger and urges when MC is bleeding out after the fight with Murphy (the only one that does this)
  • N completely loses composure when they see the MC’s blood bag and running out the door

I’d really like to see what happens when N does drink blood.

4 Likes

This has been my theory all along too, we shall wait and see what it really is! But so far I find this train of thought the more interesting :smiley:

I think this is a bit of a confusing topic because, on one side, the feral theory is plausible, but also, does this mean they developed this with time? Or did the agency accepted them as agents despite this? It would seem a bit strange for the Agency to accept a vampire with this problem, so I tend to go to the side where something happened to N when they were already vampires that made them become this way.

2 Likes

Maybe N “expensive tastes” Sewell just has poor self-control? Or used to and is working through it?

3 Likes

What I get from this is that M is the kind of person (or vampire) to be with one person at a time, even if they are just sexual partners. I think that’s rather interesting, if it’s the case, it would show that even for something like that they have some kind of manners.

This made me thing… Might this be the only place where M shows some kind of politeness? If you sleep with them? :joy:

I mean… considering one night stands are the norm I imagine this to be correct? Hard to two-time someone you don’t ‘see’ more than once. :smile: Oh, M.

Honestly, even just how nervous N seems to get around it would probably set her on edge about trusting them with MC. Being nervous tends to make other people nervous as well. Especially when they’re a super strong vampire, and her child is paranormal catnip. (I am soooo curious why Nate’s touchy about it though. Book 2 will hopefully at least give us more clues to speculate with, if not tell us outright.)

AAGGGHHH why does Bobby have to be such an interesting character? If we don’t get more of a peak inside their head in-game, I hope Sera posts more stuff up about them on her tumblr/patreon.

2 Likes

I have a headcanon about N: early on in their vampire life, they went into some kind of uncontrollable ‘blood rage’ where they killed a bunch of people and feasted upon their blood. Similar to the feral theory. Maybe they tried to resist drinking blood for too long and finally snapped, or some vampire hunters tried to kill them. This could be how the Agency encountered N as well. In memory of that, perhaps as some kind of self inflicted penance or willpower training, they drink the bare minimum of blood to sustain them, although that leaves them in a state of constant hunger. As a result, seeing the MC’s super blood strains their self control, which Rebecca notices and worries about.

1 Like

I just wanted to add a thought I had about Bobby’s reaction to the MC having a kid. (Cause now I’m curious why it would upset them THAT much!) Maybe they always thought of the MC as their option B since they think they are the best the MC will ever have and thinks they can drag them back in if they really wanted? So say if they always thought that if they ever wanted the whole domestic thing they could lure them back in? And the fact the MC is with someone better and has a kid with them just throws that seemingly foolproof back up plan out the window?

7 Likes

Yep, exactly. We had this ask, that confirms what you said, that M doesn’t stick around for more than one session:

Okay, here’s a question along the same line @Vicarious… do you think M has had a threesome (or foursome or more, lol)? I’m of two minds on it. In one way I can totally see it (“I am so freaking awesome, I can rock the world of numerous partners at once!”), but in another, I’m not sure M’s ego would like having a third wheel around, since the focus could shift from them to one of the other two. Hmm…

That’s true. And even given how–I don’t want to say emotionless, but cool, maybe?–Rebecca is about everything except anything involving the MC, it’s understandable she’d freak. Though, really, I expect her to freak about anyone but A.

She seems to trust A a lot, and trust them because they have so much self-control. With F, I think she’d worry about F being the weakest of the four and, possibly, his seeming naivete about humans, in general. With M… well, it is all too obvious what she’d worry about there, lol. She wouldn’t relish the idea of having to mend her kid’s broken heart, courtesy of M. And I doubt N likes the idea of having to clean up another one of M’s messes, either!

Hopefully so. N’s reaction about it piqued my curiosity, too. It was almost like he was afraid, and he doesn’t seem the fearful type (except when Murphy had the MC).

I hope so, too. Bobby is a complete ass, as far as I’m concerned, but is definitely interesting. I want to know more about people Bobby has screwed over, lol.

The one night stand might be the norm, but usually doesn’t mean always :joy:

I can easily imagine them having a partner they had for, I don’t know, a week? In that setting, I imagine them being “loyal”.

And about Bobby, we know that they are gonna be around for longer. And that we will learn more about them, I don’t know how deep on that we will go, tho. Also, considering how Sera always says that Bobby is… Well, Bobby? I wouldn’t hold my breath about them having some hidden depth kek.

Just to clarify, with depth I mean some kind of actual good reason for them to be the way they are. Like, they are an ass because they are selfish and don’t care about others.

2 Likes

From what little i’ve read from sera’s asks (@ me if i’m wrong), M likes to keep their partners fully satisfied so having another person in the mix could be a hassle, and like you mentioned it would hurt their ego if that partner isn’t 100% focused on them since it was said that it’d be a complete turn off for them if said partner wasn’t that into it in the first place … which makes me enjoy their route even more because they won’t be pursuing anyone else and any little thing that shows M getting even a pint of feels towards MC is amazing ~

4 Likes

There is a, ah, slightly nsfw ask Sera answered where she said M likes the idea of their partners, um, coming back for more, so while I’m sure one night stands are something M does they probably have had a few longer-term partners. I don’t think M would run off to the next person if they think they have a chance with somone.

2 Likes

May we have a link (my phone typed kink lol) to that lovely ask? :eyes:

1 Like

Honestly it’s not that bad, maybe more PG-13 but I want to be respectful so: Here’s the link if you want it.

2 Likes

Lmao, this answer hahaha.

M is the Homer meme about money can be exchanged for goods, buts instead of work and money, is being good in bed for more sexy times :joy:

1 Like

Is it confirmed anywhere whether M prefers casual flings or one night stands? I think we usually talk about them in terms of one night stands but now I’m wondering whether they prefer to get long term partners. It would make sense, tbh–even if they don’t want romance, having somebody (more or less) trustworthy that they can keep coming back to instead of having to hunt out folks

(And sorry if this is something people have gone over before and I’m just treadin water–it isn’t something I remember talking about but we’ve talked about a LOT)

1 Like