The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I am late for this, but my advice would be, relax! This is not a heavy stats game and there is no “canon” route. All of them have their own beauty.

The way I play this game is, I just choose whatever feels better to me as the reader. I don’t play thinking what answer are the ROs going to prefer, or thinking “if I choose this, is this going to fuck up my stats?”, but thinking, what feels more natural/funny/whateverthingyouareaimingfor to me? And I go with that :D.

11 Likes

“Oh,” Nate suddenly perks up. “I wonder what kind of silk it is—”

“Don’t encourage her,” Adam warns.
Lmaooo
Ahhh Adam is such a hot old person “canoodling” (does any one know the actual dedintion :skull:)
Farah buries her head into the crook of my neck and plants a gentle kiss there.

(Audible crying) thank you sera

10 Likes

Lol its amorously kissing and cuddling
Also:

So N can switch on and off through accents?! That’s so cool.

:thinking::eyes:
chuckling [whispers]: now do a Russian spy.

9 Likes

N: starts speaking russian

11 Likes

Are you trying to make me melt? :rofl:

2 Likes

Does she know sign language as well?

Yup

1 Like

… I found my future wife then.

1 Like

N: A spy? Kakie vashi dokazatelstva, tovarisch detektiv?

:grin:

3 Likes

What’s next? Seductive French? :sweat_drops:

Not that I’d be complaining about any of this.

6 Likes

In Ns low voice it might be just as well :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Or N’s beautiful deep voice speaking spanish :triumph:

13 Likes

Forget conventional languages. With the charm and linguistic knowledge that N possesses, I’d wager a binary click-clack machine language will sound epic coming from them.

12 Likes

Nope. That’s when you know he isn’t Russian. Russians don’t talk like this. I’m from Russia actually. It’s sounds quite funny for us when someone from other country trying talk russian. And you have no idea how funny for us when some non-Russian actor plays big bad Russian guy :sweat_smile:

About N’s knowledge of languages: as long as he’s gonna talk in deep voice I don’t care what language he’s gonna “use”. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

That was a reference to Red Heat(I believe?) movie, the one with VHS era Arnie. Hence an awkward structure and wording I left verbatim. I think it would suit playful N rather well, with almost none the wiser.

Будем далее тред оффтопом забивать иль может все-таки прекратим? :wink:

1 Like

I would like an invite to the detective discussion thread

I’m sorry, but unfortunately the forums seem to have a limit of how many people can be in a private thread, as a result there’s no way for us to add more people the Detective Discussion thread.

I’ll be sure to remove mention of the pm thread in the first post so no one else is misled.

Sorry again.

1 Like

Is there not a possibility to make it a public thread but an adult, just like the NSFW thread?
Or that the NSFW comments from before it had become a Detective Discussion thread get removed in order to make it a PG13 thread again?
I could try and ask a moderator if you people think it is a possible solution? Because I think it a bit unfair for those who want to join the detective discussion but cannot because of the set limits.

1 Like

We could do that, but it’s more a matter of if it should be.

Considering the fact that it’s still tangentially connected to Wayhaven, it could be argued that it should actually be discussion taking place here, but when it was taking place here, the Wayhaven thread essentially turned into an OC discussion thread, which some people did not enjoy as it took focus away from discussing the series itself.

In addition (and this is an issue that’s been brought up before and is certainly something that we should really be conscious of) we have a total of five separate threads and four active threads: the WIP thread, this thread, the NSFW thread, the fanworks thread, and even the FAQ is now separate, though locked. I know some of us worry that we’re running the risk of splintering conversation if we sprawl over too many threads, and others are worried that we’re very nearly taking up too much space as it is.

Next, and I’m not sure how much this applies anymore as I don’t visit the DD thread myself too often, there is/was an RP going on, which is explicitly banned from the forum proper, so if we were to have another thread it would have to start fresh.

Finally, and perhaps the most important…the DD thread is just not very active anymore and I wonder if it just wouldn’t automatically lock due to inactivity after a while.

Personally, I think that if people want to discuss their detective OCs in detail, then they should just message people they feel close to in the fandom the way that most of the other fandoms in the forum work. Children of the Gods, Shepherds of Haven, Seven Heirs, Fox of Sunholt, I’m active in all of these threads and while there is discussion here and there about MCs, if people want to get more in-depth without derailing the topic, we just message each other and talk freely in a pm. Why can’t that happen with Wayhaven? I think that by structuring it the way we did, we may have stifled actual discussion rather than letting people talk freely in their own pm threads.

10 Likes

Okay, points for F. It’s rather adorable that they’re so openly taken with the detective. The others (minus maybe N) are way more restrained.

10 Likes