The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Oh indeed, just meant it didn’t have anything to do with Wayhaven, but I couldn’t remember much of what it said.

I don’t feel at all that N is this type of person. I really don’t see where the whole “screw off, youre trying to kiss me and that makes you a thot/slut” vibe is coming from. This is literally book 1 and so far N has responded positively to all mc’s flirtation, you may not understand the way they return flirting because N is more subtle about it I guess? They don’t really like to rush things, they want things to take time and organically grow. They don’t want to just have sex with the mc because they think the mc is good looking or fun or they really enjoy them, they want to take time getting to know the detective.

16 Likes

Playing a very bold MC, his response was like throwing ice water in her face. I tried it with a slightly less bold MC and she had the same response, thinking he’s not at all interested.

I mean, I compare it to F’s patrol scene, where they imply they want to make out to pass the time. Maybe that’s not what they had in mind, but it’s a cute, flirty moment where it’s clear they’re interested. With N… I don’t have a save anymore with a bold character, so I’m operating on memory here, but N isn’t flirting back when the MC makes almost the same suggestion in the same way as F did in the patrol scene, he’s just like ‘nope, i’m not interested in that’.

So it ends up feeling like they’re nicely telling you to fuck off, that they aren’t interested in you that way and ‘want to get to know you better.’ Which, typically, means you’ve just been friend-zoned. Otherwise, you get a response like you get from F, which makes it clear that they’re hot for you but don’t want to rush it.

I guess that’s the difference–bolder characters don’t think he’s responding positively at all, and I get that. I get it from a shyer MC’s perspective since, like I said above, he seems to be a bit less iffy about it all and seems to try to make it clear he’s interested. But a bold character with him just doesn’t work without forcing it (whereas with A and M, it’s fun as hell to put a bold character with them).

Somehow, F manages to convey that better than N, meaning it’s still clear to a bold MC that F wants them, they just don’t want to rush. With N–I think you may be right, it’s just too subtle, at least for the bold MCs I use for TWC. With a shyer type, N’s just fine (and Nate is really perfect for Wolfe because she’ll never be bold with emotions or with sex, though she’s bold in every other way).

Just to make it clear, as a reader I like N, and find the character refreshing. In real life, however, I’d have friendzoned his ass pretty quick, because I don’t do subtle and completely miss it when someone is subtle with me.

1 Like

That’s the point for me he doesn’t respond positively at all. If A guy response that way In real life my response would be Sorry to have flirt with you and that I thought you were interested based in gesture and That I am really sorry to have make you feel uncomfortable."

With bold Mc he seem totally Friend zoned you almost almighty feel he believes he is better than you really

1 Like

Majority of people in life actually like to take it slow, they can make things clear but they also want to take time. I know that if I was on my first date with someone and she tried hooking up with me? Nope, nah its over fham :upside_down_face:.

Honestly, the patrol scene is the only scene that should be confusing for people if the reason why is because N didn’t return flirting. But even then when N laughs and goes “it’s alright”, they then hold the mc’s gaze and stuff and it says that mc was blushing, how more clear can you get then in that moment N was getting on? And 've played with bold mc’s, it shouldn’t really change anything, in fact, N returns flirting even more if you’re bold :smirk:. It even said the gap between mc and N was nearly closed. Also to be fair at that point in the game you had only recently met unit bravo-it had at most, probably been a week. After a week of knowing someone, I wouldn’t try to make out with them either. Also keep in mind that N knew they weren’t going to be with the mc. It was like “you’re only here to protect this person, try to get along but after Murphy is defeated it’s over”, so you can see why N wouldn’t want to get too attached to the mc because when N feels for someone, they feel a lot. But even though all that was gonna happen- N still returned flirting, like at the bar, the scene where they visit you before Murphy comes, the rain scene, the ending hospital scene, and especially when they try to humor the mc by acting like those moody hot suave vampires on tv.

13 Likes

As I said or is a cultural thing or we have different definition of Flirt and positive reactions to it. Due for me he responded with the passion of a -100c iceberg. Totally not committed . F reats like I like you I need time. N don’t let clear if he even considered you middle attractive. Or maybe is because I don’t understand romance bullshit.

In real life I cut the guy directly when that happens. I am not in a soap opera. I think we could have something after we know better each other do you think the same or not? Don’t tell me something about moonlight and stars and flowers…

2 Likes

Sera’s been so generous with the fluff asks lately, bless her. I’ve had so many tests and seeing that M ask really did it for me. I can’t wait for book 2’s demo, I’m going to have a bitch fit jk. Lol but when the sweet moments come, I can’t wait!

3 Likes

The thing is… We are not in absolute control over the MC. The story of the game is going to force us at some point to stir things in the direction they need to do. That’s why in N romance the signs are about MC catching N looking at them, or MC blushing, and stuff like that.

We as the players might like it or not, but the MC is aware of the attraction between them, both N and MC know, even if just for plot wise sake.

But anyway, as you said it might be a cultural thing, or simply a personality thing. Not everyone feels the same about certain things, and everyone sees their own reality depending on their circumstances, so while for one person N might come of as someone that is friendzoning them (even if we the players know is not the case) others will love it.

Para gustos los colores, coño! :joy:

9 Likes

Yeah, exactly. I always putting my opinion not saying is the truth. After all N is my favourite due i feel safe and great with him. I only want ask him Badly lol stop bullshit Do you think we could have something in future or not? :slight_smile: I don’t ask for have anything more with him lol. I am okau for wait like two or three books but Maybe he could be clear and not talking In Jane Austen mode I don’t like Jane Austen is boring

I would say this is what is causing the general discussion. Not everyone sees N flirting to be so chaste as you seem to do. I guess it goes down to interpretation. But to be fair, N can be really really flirty, maybe you didn’t pick the right choices to see it :thinking:

9 Likes

Alright guys, this is a a long shot but, remember that ask about unit bravo witnessing a baby being born (I’m counting on your amazing tumblr search skills @Meira_Litch) ? It said something about F seeing a baby born or helping…Perhaps this could’ve been one of F’s younger siblings (if F has any siblings)? This is like barely any evidence but I’m just trying to put random puzzle pieces together.

Note to self. If ever trying to avoid someone, just grab F and pull them away, do not I repeat do not tell F to turn around.

10 Likes

That’s literally all my friends, if there’s some guy I’m trying to avoid and I tell them don’t turn around they all turn around and shout “WHAT?”. Like they don’t even try to make it not obvious, they just fully do a 360 :woman_facepalming:. But that would still be funny af if mc just grabs and hugs F and is fake smiling like: “shut up, shut up”.

Mc be like

giphy%20(18)

F

0yT0yXj

16 Likes

I haven’t find it yet, but while searching I found this gem :eyes:

The important part being

Kids are a topic that could -and probably will- come up at some point (something happens in Book Three which could really open up a conversation on it) .

BOOK THREE, HERE WE GO.

And here is the ask about child birth

15 Likes

I just love these little snippets of Unit Bravo :joy:

12 Likes

I wonder if you can challenge them to not turn around though. Would that work? :thinking:

I’m that friend 100%.

…maybe I am F!!!

What can possibly happen in book 3 to make everyone think of babies? Someone gets pregnant?

The full demo of book 2 isn’t out yet and i already want book 3 to be out so i can know!!!

7 Likes

So, reading that ask about child birth, I think it’s interesting that for F, both have seen a child being born, but only Ava (and not Adam) have help deliver one.

11 Likes

Adam seems very old school so he probably wouldn’t assist with a delivery seeing that it would be inappropriate (some dads weren’t even in the delivery room not too long ago)

Maybe A was in the military for awhile but since Ava is female she served as a battlefield nurse? :thinking:

13 Likes

That actually would make a lot of sense. I just don’t know how strict Sera is going to be with past times and social rules from back there? Because her position in this could change the RO’s background a lot.

5 Likes

Oh so it was Ava who delivered a kid, yeah that’s really caught my interest now. As for F, I just really want F to have siblings for some reason lol.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that our vampires live forever… sniff, But if they ever do have kids with mc, at least they’ll get to enjoy the time spent with both of them.

6 Likes