The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Soooo… I found this list of character questions while scrolling through my memos app, and I thought it might be some of y’all’s cup of tea? I think I yanked it off Tumblr a whiiile back and forgot about it. But I’ve been chipping away at it myself and it’s been a bit of a trip and it’s kind of long, but… for your perusal/answering pleasure.

"My contribution" to the fandom!

What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?

How easy is it for your character to laugh?

How do they put themselves to bed at night (reading, singing, thinking?)

How easy is it to earn their trust?

How easy is it to earn their mistrust?

Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?

What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?

What were they told to stop/start doing most often as a child?

Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?

What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?

How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)?

How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite reach?

What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?

What animal do they fear most?

How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?

What makes their stomach turn?

Are they easily embarrassed?

What embarrasses them?

What is their favorite number?

If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?

Why do they get up in the morning?

How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?

How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?

Is sex something that they’re comfortable speaking about? To whom?

What are their thoughts on marriage?

What is their preferred mode of transportation?

What causes them to feel dread?

Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?

Do they usually live up to their own ideals?

Who do they most regret meeting?

Who are they the most glad to have met?

Do they have a go-to story in conversation? Or a joke?

Could they be considered lazy?

How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?

How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?

Do they actively seek romance, or do they wait for it to fall into their lap?

Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?

What memory do they revisit the most often?

How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?

How sensitive are they to their own flaws?

How do they feel about children?

How badly do they want to reach their end goal?

If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?

And a couple of questions that just sort of popped into my head, I guess.

-Um. What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?

-Has your MC surprised you in any way? Like… by developing a trait or something that you hadn’t intended, but you decided to run with it?

4 Likes

Oh, we actually answered this questionnaire a while back, but it was in the old thread.

I’ll have to go digging for my answers.

Um. Well. Shit. That’s awkward.

-lies on the floor-
This is why you research first, kids.

ahem…I mean. Here are my answers.

long answers

What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?
Like… completely still? No fidgeting or nothing? That amount of time is in the negatives. He was set up to lose before he even started playing this game. That’s hardly fair. Even if fidgeting were allowed, he’d be right up and looking for something to do within seconds.

Well… one exception – if he were in character and he had to sit still, he could manage for as long as needed. Then he’d have to be extra fidgety later to make up the difference.

Ehm… he’s got pretty good control of himself on this front. He’s willing to laugh openly, does so frequently – he’s not afraid of expressing himself. He tries to act like he is (well, it’s closer to him being all “I have nothing to express but blandness because I am boring” and also being so wrong about it), but he’s really not. But if he’s trying to make a point that involves srs bzns and someone does/says something he’d normally find uproariously funny (and then would generally react as expected), he can stone-face like a motherfucker. Because acting.

Staying up until he can’t think properly and then just crashing. This can take a couple days, sometimes. Maybe more.

Hmm. I feel like… baseline, he kind of trusts everyone from the get go? Like… you’d have to actively be a ginormous dick in order to lose his trust. And I’m probably mischaracterizing that a bit, but it’ll be elaborated on/properly explained in the next bit. So…

I feel it might seem like he’s distrustful because he squishes himself deep deep down and attempts to present his “boring” front/isn’t keen on sharing himself, but that’s less “I dun trust you” and more “I trust that you’d come to the conclusion that you didn’t want to be around/acquainted with me anyway, so I’m saving you time and effort and am going to act as boring/unassuming as is humanly possible to dissuade any possible interest in me.” Which might amount to the same thing, idk, but I feel like the distinction is important.

You have to actively be a dick. A HUGE dick. More than a dick, actually, but that’d be the word he uses. Bobby’s a dick in his estimation because he used Oliver for his own gain, and so while he might have internalized all that with a heaping side helping of “welp, I got what I deserved,” he also no longer trusts Bobby.

But. Right off the bat. If you’re going out of your way to actually harm someone, that’s a droppage of trust. That makes you a dick.

Lying about something big… usually a dick move, but if you have an incredibly good reason for doing so… (saving your own life? “Dude, I’m not worth your life. Shit. We’re good.” But saving his life? “I am NOT worth that. Jesus. The fuck is wrong with you?!”)

Laws are, y’know, open to interpretation. Some laws are downright deplorable and deserve to be broken. And if somebody’s life is in danger, the law gets a swift kick to the nards.

Sometimes, when he’s got Pandora set to his Billie Holiday station, “I’ll Be Seeing You” will come on and he’ll have to stop and listen. Then come fuzzy images of him as a young child, nestled against his mother in bed or on the couch -then as a slightly older child, bedridden with fever, his mother sitting on his bed - a gentle hand combing through his hair, her voice soft and fond (and tinged with worry) as she gently sings him to sleep.

And then he’s torn because it really is a lovely memory (if…if it actually happened. If he didn’t imagine it) , but what if he’s been wrong about Rebecca this whole time? What if–?

And then he’ll wave the feeling away, switch the station to classic rock, and resist the urge (and ultimately fail to resist, if alone) to belt the chorus of “Africa.”

Swearing. Followed closely by moping. (“I’m not moping, this is just my face. Moping’s a stupid fucking word, anyway.” GROUNDED)

Wot?! Me? Swear?! Why, I never…!” -dramatic harrumph, hand to chest- “The fucking nerve of some people–”

First swear… mmm… “penis”. Not a swear? It is when you’re like 3 years old and you use it to insult everyone and everything. glances around “You’re a penis!” childish giggles First legit swear was ass because “it’s in the Bible, so I can’t get in trouble. You ass.”

“S’all good.”

He still tells it to this day. It does not haunt him because he half believes himself whenever he says it.

How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)?
It depends on the nature of the thing causing the confusion. Generally, though, he’ll seek clarification.

There isn’t a spot on his body that he can’t reach, so…

Srsly. Dude is flexible. He gets weirded out anytime someone asks him to scratch their back because “how in the ever living hell can you not reach that?! -scratches all of own back- it’s fucking easy.” But he’ll still do it. Obvious exception to this is someone he knows has some sort of handicap/injury – he’ll just do the thing.

What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?
helpless shrug He doesn’t think like that about clothes? Clothes aren’t really worn for the aesthetic. I mean, he tries for “professional” at work, goes with black blazer/pants and a white shirt because that’s basic, but he doesn’t necessarily think he looks good in it?

Aaaand, honestly, idk what he might actually look good in because I don’t know color and fashion and how things might complement like… skintones and all that stuff.

Man. " 'tis the most dangerous game, after all!"

Honestly, though, probably the brown recluse spider. Or that fucking blue-ringed octopus. (I just saw. A picture. Of some dumb motherfucker handling one. Why?!) No. It’s definitely the octopus.

How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?
He’s much better off speaking off the cuff. Rehearsal leads to things not being said or just being turned into awkwardness.

Irl gore. Acts of cruelty, mindless and otherwise.

Not really. He’ll say shit like “ha ha, that was embarrassing,” but he won’t actually mean that.

What embarrasses them?
People discovering shit about him. Like, the actual him. Not… the him he wants others to think is him.

69, dudes!

Ha ha. Nah. 10. 81. Because of Sharp and Hossa, respectively.

If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?
Initially, big ol shrug. Since he doesn’t really have any experience with the former.

Eventually, I think he’d be a bit corny and describe the former as “giving someone the power to destroy you and trusting that they won’t” while also feeling like the worn, warm blanket that the latter feels like.

…because he has a job to do?

How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?
Panic. Overthinking. Resignation. A blanket of anxiety.

How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?
“…it’s not like I can have it anyway. Or really deserve it.” -shrug- -tries not to think about it-

Sex jokes are kinda a staple for him (“because sex jokes are easy… like your mother. Also, something about squeezing low hanging fruit.”) And if he’s been around you enough so that his personality might begin to bleed through… yeah. He’s fairly comfortable about that. He can also talk about the general mechanics and the bits and all that stuff. (“It’s all just functions of biology and shit. Uh, right? Or something? I’m not a scientist, fuck. But society has a skewed view on sex, and, frankly-”)

The actual deets of his sex life when he starts doin’ the do? T’a’int nobody’s business but his own.

Is aight.

He doesn’t get why people get so swept up in the big celebrity weddings. (“don’t they usually end up in big celebrity divorces? Do you people like watching them climb up, all fancily dressed, onto the pedestals y’all have built for them, only to salivate and watch gleefully as they tumble down and apart? Fucking shameful. Also, that dress is… god, I am not a fan. -sigh- but it’s not my day, not my dress, so who gives a shit?”)

But he can see the appeal of marriage in general. He just doesn’t even consider it a thing for him. And really won’t until asked.

Walking, so that he can play Pokémon Go.

Honestly, though, he thoroughly enjoys the act of traveling, if not necessarily all the details surrounding it. So long as he can watch the world go by, get hypnotized by the environment as it passes, can feel the motions? A+, that’s some good shit. The mode doesn’t really matter.

Being the center of attention, outside of a role he might be playing, regardless of the size of the audience. (People actually seeing Oliver -beyond the boring- and not, like, Detective Westwood [bc there’s a distinction in his eyes] or some character he’s playing.)

Always the truth. Always.

Of course. When faced with the actual, real truth about himself (in that he actually doesn’t suck half as much as he thinks he does)… well, he’s convinced himself of his own truth, and he’s stuck deep, deep in that bog.

Ha ha, he can never live up to anything except being a constant disappointment to himself. His bar is always going to be just above however high he can manage to jump. Not that he actually expects much from himself, it’s just. Y’know. The whole constant disappointment thing.

If you were to ask him… “Everyone. I shouldn’t have met anyone and I regret every second of it. I’m supposed to be a nameless, faceless background character, god damn it.” -eyeroll- Whatever you say, sweetie.

At the moment? I don’t know. I mean. I have an idea who he’d answer with in the future, but there are six books yet to be released. A lot of time for character development and whatnot.

sigh is prolly gon be Adam

If somebody insists on trying to involve him in the conversation, and his attempts at boring the shit out of people or trying to deflect or get someone else talking don’t quite work, he’ll bust out “The Aristocrats.” And he will get as fucking nasty as he can muster – which is probably incredibly nasty because he has a stupidly overactive imagination. And then, hopefully, people will think twice about trying to get him to talk. There’s a good chance that could backfire, though. I don’t think he’s thought of that.

In terms of life goals/ambition, yeah. Probably. Definitely. He’s bad at that. Initially, he didn’t plan anything for his life because he was so sure he was going to just sort of fade from existence by the time he hit 20, so… no point. And then he didn’t - whoops - but the habit had already been established. Idk, he just kind of floats on this front.

Work ethic/getting shit did short term? Hell to the nah.

I feel like all guilt he ever has sort of gets amoeba’d up by the overall sense of self-loathing he feels constantly, so… probably impossible. Ha ha.

How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?
He’ll probably be just as excited as they are about things, even if he doesn’t quite get it. And of course he’d be supportive. Depending on the thing, and if there’s an invite, he might even get involved.

Neither? Neither really fits, because the second still kind of implies that someone is keeping half an eye out for romance, and he’s not doing even that.

Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?
No system, really. He just kind of tries to beat the thing into his head until he remembers it, which generally works. He’ll remember the thing if it’s important enough. Or… hmm. He’d probably make a rhyme of the thing if it were complex. A mini rap of sorts. One that contains all sorts of mnemonic devices.

No specific memory. He doesn’t purposely dwell on the past like that. He dwells more on what the sum of a bunch of memories says about him. If that makes sense? Or he’ll fixate on something he considers a flaw and then flip through his memory rolodex in order to find evidence supporting his declaration of that thing a flaw.

He’ll notice them. He’ll call them out if they’re legit harmful. He’ll console and encourage if the person is overblowing something minor/definitely not actually a flaw. But, generally, he’ll give the person the benefit of the doubt – “they must be that way for a reason, so consider judgement reserved” – or he’ll perform a feat of incredible mental gymnastics and find some way that he’s responsible for the flaw.

I want to say overly sensitive, but it’d probably be more accurate to say that he’s incredibly numb to them – so much so that everything about himself is declared a flaw by default. And then that designation is fiercely defended.

Oh, MAN, he fuckin LOVES kids. And not even in the jokey cannibal way. Like. They are TINY PEOPLE. With TINY MINDS just waiting to be shaped. And ENDLESS CURIOSITY. And a general trust of the world. And novel ass ways of looking at things. And… they’re just AMAZING in his eyes.

And he’d be a fantastic parent, especially when he becomes properly self-aware and begins to try to mitigate his own self-destructive/self-hating tendencies. He wouldn’t want that shit to bleed over to his kid. That would probably be what he’d consider his ultimate failure, if his kid came out with even an ounce of self-hatred. But the likelihood of him actually having a kid is pretty much zilch.

He doesn’t really have an end goal? That would involve making life plans and… -audience laughter-

By saying “I like dudes, I guess.”

or, if deep enough into the relationship, he’d just point at Adam and say “him.

answers to my own questions!

Um. What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?

Well. This is actually gonna suck for Oliver because he loves being able to put things into words and being able to label things, but nothing’s gonna feel adequate here, so it’ll be one big -shrug-

(“Boyfriend is too… high school. Partner? Tina and I were partners, so that’s gonna feel weird. Significant other has too many syllables, and shortening it to SO in speech would be fucking stupid. Lover feels like I’m cheating on someone with him. Soulmate? Cheesy.” And so on.)

As for introducing Adam to someone else… it probably definitely wouldn’t last this long, or actually happen, but for the sake of argument…

Bloop

Oliver: Aaaand this …is Adam.
Them: And he is…?
Oliver: …Adam.
Them: Yes, but what is he to you?
Oliver: He’s… he’s Adam. I don’t–
Them: And he is your…?
Oliver: He’s not my anything. Jesus, now you’re just being willfully fucking obtuse.
So on.

Has your MC surprised you in any way? Like… by developing a trait or something that you hadn’t intended, but you decided to run with it?

I mean… he’s definitely gonna be developing some… uh, interests that I neither intended nor am able to discuss in polite company. I’m just mentioning this here because it definitely fits the bill.

But. He has a sweet tooth? He wasn’t supposed to, but then the whole carnival thing came up and he was all “carnivals are only good for the funnel cake. Otherwise, they can go to hell” and then he was like “ooh, a piece of candy” and then… bam. Sweet tooth.

Also, did not intend him to this self-loathy. There was some give on that front in the beginning, and then he was all “nah, man, I suck in every conceivable way. Good luck trying to convince me otherwise!” And I just want to smack him sometimes.

6 Likes

I’m gonna cherry-pick questions and by that I mean this one question cause I like talking about character development~ Tho,, i’m mostly gonna be talking about their DnD selves cause that’s where the foundation of their character was laid, but the broad character concepts carry over pretty directly to wayhaven

Of all of them I think Tanwen’s the one who changed least from conception to how she is now. A sweet, naive girl whose empathy is her greatest strength and her biggest flaw both.

Jay turned out less grumpy than I’d meant for him to be. He started out as an antithesis to Tanwen as he was the character I made when she left the campaign I was playing her in, so I wanted to go play another healer but another angle character-wise. I wanted him to be something of a grump and a reluctant hero, and at some point he became more of a begrudging mom friend. He’s still not great at making friends and would genuinely be fine just being on his own with maybe one or two friends (and a stray cat who snuck into his apartment one day and won’t leave and who jay’s just kinda resigned himself to) and work to occupy himself, but he also grew a dry sense of humour and once you have his friendship you have basically his undying loyalty. (also he got a crush, which i was not expecting at all but it pleases me)

Val grew far more compassion than I’d intended. Their starting character concept was a conartist who “changed personalities like they changed clothes”. It seemed like an utterly fascinating thing to have to express in writing or improv, and I was curious about the implications about identity and sense of self that could come with it. I wanted to see how far I could take a lack of identity as the main concept of a character and, as it turns out, it’ll take you pretty far but not all the way. The neutrality and the monotone that stillness brought with it was a lot of fun to play with but it wasn’t until they found little touches of humanity (in their compassion, their fondness for watching the stars and for petting dogs, the way they break at the seams with all they feel but aren’t allowed to express) (which i could elaborate on but it’s not v related to wayhaven and their backstory’s pretty heavy so if people are interested i can definitely post it but i’d rather not just throw it out there) that they really found their voice and became an interesting, well-rounded character

Keiji might be the one who changed the most. My first idea for this character was that I wanted to play a monk and I wanted him to have been banished from the monastery where he was trained and be pretty damn pissed about it. Then Keiji grew feelings and i started Projecting™ and he ended up far more betrayed and hurt, with the anger being more of a defense mechanism than anything. He also ended up being far more sassy than the kinda simmering temper that was my first thought, as humour and flirting are big defense mechanisms for him (same for sex, cause it’s easier to connect physically than it is to connect emotionally, and it’s some way of letting him have the connections he craves but doesn’t let himself have because he doesn’t think he deserves it/should want it). …basically he just got Worse™ and i’d say i’m sorry but i’m really not

7 Likes

*sputters* No! Wrong! Keiji is great and must be protected at all costs!!

2 Likes

but consider this tho: what if i hurt him real bad and it’ll be fun~ (keiji getting hecked the fuck up by murphy or whatever other supernatural baddies we’re gonna find is still good to me) (tahir can kiss him better it’s okay)

Woah that took me forever, holy geez.

Emma: Fifteen minutes or so.
Cassandra: 3-5 Hours.
Hayden: Anywhere from about five minutes to about an hour and a half.

Emma: Pretty easy. She adores stupid jokes and puns.
Cassandra: Moderately easy. She’ll give a polite laugh if someone makes a joke, but it takes a bit more to get a genuine laugh out of her.
Hayden: Un-Sarcastically? …Moderately hard.

Emma: Usually passes out as soon as her head hits the pillow.
Cassandra: She loves to read but tends to get very absorbed in the story to the point of not being able to sleep until she’s done. So she’d probably stargaze and think until she got tired.
Hayden: Has insomnia. She’s found that exercising sometimes helps.

Emma: Not too hard. Give her enough time, don’t make her doubt you, and she’ll trust you just fine.
Cassandra: She’s a very trusting person and likes to see the best in people whenever she can. So she’d try to trust somebody very quickly after meeting them, but it does usually take a bit longer for her to trust them entirely.
Hayden: Heh…a long while.

Emma: Don’t screw her or her friends over and don’t act shady and you’ll be fine.
Cassandra: Again, she’d try to trust someone even if she knows she shouldn’t, so it’d take a while of them being nasty before she’d loose it completely.
Hayden: Pretty much her default when meeting new people.

Emma: “The rules are there to be followed and upheld!” mumbled “Usually.”
Cassandra: “…I mean…stealing to feed your family or breaking the law to protect a loved one is…not exactly good but understandable.”
Hayden: "…I broke loads of rules when I was younger. Don’t really think I should go around passing moral judgments."

Emma: Playing her guitar tends to bring up memories of the band she was in in high school. They weren’t any good, but she met a girlfriend made a couple friends while in it.Sort of bittersweet since she doesn’t really talk to them anymore.
Cassandra: Certain smells make her think of her mom, which makes her smile. They’d always been on good terms, though she still wishes she could spend a bit more time with her.
Hayden: The smell of gasoline and burned rubber brings her back to her street racing days. God that was so much damn fun. She’d go back to it in a heartbeat if she could.

Emma: “Stop talking.” She would not stop talking when she was little. She always had something to say about everything.
Cassandra: “Speak up!” She’s never not been extremely shy. It was way worse as a kid, and she rarely spoke because of it.
Hayden: “Stop being a jerk!” …She never did.

Emma: Sometimes. Usually only when she hurts herself or gets spooked.
First curse: “SHIT!” Haunted house.
Cassandra: She really doesn’t curse much.
First curse: “Damn.” “OH! Oh geez, sorry!”
Hayden: She…curses a lot. Pretty much every couple sentences.
First curse: "Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkk."

Emma: “It’s fine/I’m fine.” Usually to her mom. Her not being around was really hard on her sometimes but she didn’t want to guilt her. Not haunted, just a bit lonely.
Cassandra: “I don’t know.” She usually did but was too nervous she might have been wrong. Not haunted.
Hayden: “I don’t care.” She cares more about most things then she ever wants to let on. Not haunted.

Emma: Bewilderment. She will try to get clarification, but that will be after she stares in confusion for a bit.
Cassandra: She’d just ask for clarification. No harm in not understanding something.
Hayden: "…uh…yeah sure whatever."

Emma: Wiggle. If it was really bad she’d try to reach it with a pencil or something.
Cassandra: If it wasn’t somewhere…inappropriate…she’d just ask Tina to scratch it for her.
Hayden: She’d try very hard to reach it anyway if she couldn’t she’d try rubbing against something that could reach it. (Door frame if it was her back for example.)

Emma: Deep blue. She does look rather nice.
Cassandra: I don’t know that she’d think about it honestly. She tends to wear lighter colors, but she looks a bit nicer in darker ones.
Hayden: Red. She looks good but it can be a bit overkill sometimes since her hair’s already red.

Emma: Bees or Wasps. She’s not allergic but they freak her out.
Cassandra: Geese. They are terrifying.
Hayden: Goats. The eyes freak her out bad.

Emma: Usually she thinks before she speaks, but romantic attraction throws her off and she’s fairly likely to blurt out something potentially embarrassing without meaning to.
Cassandra: Considers her words but speaks from the heart.
Hayden: She has a faulty filter, and usually just blurts out whatever comes to mind. Except when she’s dealing with someone who’s lost a loved one or is dealing with some sort of trauma, she does watch herself then.

Emma: Injustice. Also the thought of losing anyone close to her.
Cassandra: Blood/gore. She can deal with a small amount but a lot makes her feel really sick.
Hayden: Nasty things happening to kids or innocent people in general.

Emma: Yeah. Just yes. Yep.
Cassandra: Yes but she usually gets over it pretty quickly.
Hayden: No. She has very little shame.

What embarrasses them?
Emma: Flirting, getting caught doing something klutzy, being close to someone she’s attracted to.
Cassandra: Teasing.
Hayden: Getting caught or called out for doing something she knows is stupid.

**Emma: 4
Cassandra: 12
Hayden: 17

I HAVE NO IDEA.

…Odd question.
Emma: “Because I have an important job to do.”
Cassandra: “I…I need to make sure everyone stays safe.”
Hayden: "Idk."

Emma: Crosses her arms, frowns and turns into a big old ball of tension.
Cassandra: She’d get upset but try to keep it all inside.
Hayden: She doesn’t usually get very jealous, but if she was, her snarky comments would be far, far more biting.

Emma: She’d grumble under her breath for a while then try to move on.
Cassandra: Sulk, but she’d mostly be upset at herself for feeling that way.
Hayden: "Hmm…how can I get this thing without breaking too many laws…"

Emma: Hahaha, no. She’d be super embarrassed. If she were with someone she’d be comfortable enough to talk about it with them, but really that’s it.
Cassandra: She…yeah she’d be uncomfortable. I don’t think she’d really talk about it with anyone unless there was some sort of issue.
Hayden: Oh yeah. Only time she’d shy away from talking about it would be if a kid was around and might overhear.

Emma: It’d be kinda nice, but it’s not necessary.
Cassandra: She’d love to be married.
Hayden: "…Meh."

Emma: “…My car.”
Cassandra: Train. Trains are awesome.
Hayden: "Teleportation. Shit, I don’t know. Driving I guess."

Emma: Talking to the Mayor or Bobby. Being told their’s been a murder or someone is missing.
Cassandra: Talking in front of large groups of people, the thought of actually shooting someone.
Hayden: When she realizes her fling has developed feelings for her that she doesn’t reciprocate.

Emma: No.
Cassandra: …Maybe…
Hayden: No.

Emma: Tries, but it gets hard so she doesn’t always succeed. (She does often expect a lot of herself though.)
Cassandra: She does a pretty good job of it, yeah.
Hayden: …sometimes…

Emma: I don’t think she has anyone she has that much of an issue with…The Mayor maybe.
Cassandra: Bobby. She broke her heart bad.
Hayden: Morgan. She’s never been so stupidly attracted to someone before.

Emma: Ava. They haven’t known each other very long, but she likes her a lot…her uh skills, I mean. Also Tina. She’s pretty much her favorite person.
Cassandra: Nat, Mom, Tina, Verda, Doug…
Hayden: Morgan. She’s never been so stupidly attracted to someone before.

Emma: Not really, no. She might bring up being a detective a lot.
Cassandra: Nah. Just friendly.
Hayden: She usually opens up with a flirt, regardless of any actually attraction.

Emma: Might see herself as such, but she works herself extremely hard.
Cassandra: Maybe. She does her best at work but she very much enjoys her downtime. Usually spends it drinking tea and stargazing or reading.
Hayden: Yes. She’s pretty dang lazy unless she needs to be otherwise.

Emma: She doesn’t really shake guilt, she usually just keeps it.
Cassandra: It takes a while and depends on what she did, but she can get over it with some time.
Hayden: It takes a lot to actually make her feel guilty, but if she does she hangs onto it for a long time.

Emma: As long as it isn’t dangerous she’s supportive.
Cassandra: Yes, always.
Hayden: She’ll be sarcastic about it but if it’s something they’re really into she’ll support them.

Emma: Fall. She’s not sure of herself with romance so she never really seeks it out.
Cassandra: She’s a seeker. No point in waiting around hoping.
Hayden: HAHAHAHAHAHaaaaa. Fall. She doesn’t usually do romance so it’d have to catch her by surprise.

Emma: Repeat over and over until you accidentally jumble things horribly then be relieved that you knew you’d do that and wrote the things on a sticky note for yourself.
Cassandra: Make a quick note on her phone.
Hayden: …Actually has a pretty good memory and wouldn’t really need to do anything fancy.

Emma: Playing music with the band she was in in high school, playing soccer as a kid, telling her mom she was thinking of becoming a cop.
Cassandra: Previous relationships, spending time with her mom.
Hayden: Getting into all sorts of trouble as a teenager, waking up late one night when her mom swung by to tuck her in and mumbling that she loved her.

Emma: Depends on the flaw, really. She tries to look past them.
Cassandra: She’d keep her thoughts on the matter to herself.
Hayden: Very easy. She’s not a great person so doesn’t believe she can judge.

Emma: Very. She always wants to do more and be better.
Cassandra: If someone pokes at a flaw she might get upset but otherwise she isn’t too sensitive. Everyone has flaws.
Hayden: She hits both ends of the bar. Some of her flaws she doesn’t care about but some, some she does not like to think about.

Emma: Awkward. Kids make her nervous.
Cassandra: She likes them but is glad she doesn’t have any of her own yet.
Hayden: Utterly adores them. She wants to have seven.

I don’t know that they really have any in mind other then not dying, and keeping the town safe.

Emma: “I…I like girls? I have since I was nine?”
Cassandra: “…”
Hayden: "…Pretty damn gay."

And a couple of question that just sort of popped into my head, I guess.

-Um. What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?
Emma: “This is Ava, my…my…girlfriend.”
Cassandra: “A pleasure to meet you, this is Nat, my partner.”
Hayden: "This is Morgan."

-Has your MC surprised you in any way? Like… by developing a trait or something that you hadn’t intended, but you decided to run with it?
Emma didn’t start out knowing how to play guitar, or being a pretty good cook, nor did she start out being an over-working klutzy mess. She is now, and I love her.

Hayden changed quite a bit, I gave her a deeper side that I didn’t initially plan. I was just going to make her a hard partying fighter to pair up with Morgan, but…
-She has an interest in architecture.
-She utterly adores children.
-She’s good at chess, really smart, and has a great memory.

…Cassandra hasn’t really changed.

1 Like

I am conflicted… Because yes, but also no.

But this also made me laugh but I believe that okay exactly not at all!

1 Like

I’m gonna do it, but it’s gonna take me a while. I’ll edit this post once I have it finished. It’s an interesting questionaire tho! and i like the questions you added too

your questions

What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? How would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner?
Blaire would mull over it a bit, because he wouldn’t really be too sure what was a good answer. Partner is too stiff and a bit too vague for comfort, but he’s not entirely sure if “boyfriend” is good either just because he isn’t sure if Mason would be keen on it and Blaire doesn’t want to make him uncomfortable. If Mason didn’t give a reaction or didn’t react poorly, he would refer to eachother as “boyfriends”. At some point he would say, “love of my life” just for kicks but also low key because it’s true.
Sienna would refer to Nate has her boyfriend initially because if they’re dating, they’re dating, she’s not going to beat around the bush like that. As their relationship progressed, titles would change accordingly from boyfriend to husband/life partner. She’d be very excited to introduce him like that.
Both would secretly think and refer to their relationships as “soulmates”. Blaire thinks soulmates can be platonic or romantic, so long as it is someone special to you like no one else is and that’s Mason. Sienna thinks sometimes two people are just meant to meet and be and that’s what Nate is for her.

Has your MC surprised you in any way? Developing a trait or something you hadn’t intended?
Blaire became more “cool” as I continued to develop him. Initially he was going to be very laid back to the point of being borderline lazy, but his observation and deduction skills made up for his lack of enthusiasm and activism. As I continued to come up with more stuff for him, the more I came to realize he was a lot more proactive in different ways. Blaire is a lot more subtle than outright when it comes to his intentions and actions, and I sort of enjoy this mysterious air that he gives off, because he can be rather unpredictable. He also became a lot more playful than what I originally had in mind, cracking jokes and sarcasm if the opportunity came up and throwing some shade just to be petty.
Sienna became more extreme in certain ways than I actually thought. She was always going to be a very science/technology orientated detective, but I didn’t think her other skills such as combat and deduction would lack in comparison (nonexistent really). I also wasn’t expecting her to be so resistant to certain things that were out of her control, such as her reaction to the supernatural being real was initially disbelief and something she still struggles to come to terms with because she’s so logic based. But I’ve come to look forward to it that way as the story develops she can become more flexible and balanced out.

Finished Questionnaire!

Sienna no time, she would get antsy far too quickly.
Blaire might last an hour or so before he starts subconsciously trying to search something out, or decide just to take a nap instead.

Blaire very easily! He’s easily amused and gets giggles right away. His humor tends to fluctuate between really stupid and really dark.
Sienna tends to smile more than laugh, her sense is a little more dry and she tends to take things word for word, but it’s not difficult to make her laugh.

Blaire likes to listen to music beforehand but only for background noise. He tends to think up wild scenarios before he ends up passing out at a late hour.
Sienna has a routine she follows before she heads to bed, it consists of checking her planner for today’s events to ensure she did what she needed to do and checking tomorrow’s to plan accordingly. While putting on some sort of skin care.

Blaire easily but people have to prove it. He doesn’t hand it out very easily, but if he thinks you’re alright as a person he’s willing to trust you.
Sienna very easily, too easily honestly. She gives it out to everyone.

Blaire very easily. He tends to believe in the worst of people so it usually only takes one mistake to really screw things up. He will try to give second chances, but he’s not holding out for anyone.
Sienna not easy at all. She likes to believe in the good in people and will give them as many chances as they need, even if they may not deserve it at all. But she’s a firm believer in lines and boundaries and so long as you aren’t killing or actively hurting people, she’s willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Blaire considers laws flexible. He doesn’t believe that the law is always right or always there for the benefit of the people. If the laws aren’t helping those who really need it, he’s willing to break them or skirt around them.
Sienna tends to lean towards immovable. She thinks laws are there for a reason and offer some sort of boundaries and stability for the benefit of the majority. She’s willing to look the other way if the laws cause more harm or if people are committing crimes within good reason.

For Blaire it’s music. He did a lot of music growing up, so that always tends to bring up nostalgia for him. Or any mention of high school or before that, since he hadn’t transitioned yet. It depends on what it is, but usually he never feels bad about it. Music is still a very big part of his life and he enjoys all he was able to accomplish. Memories of him pre-transition are tiring at best, but none of them were bad memories.
Sienna it’s her mom and mention of parents. Rebecca wasn’t around a lot as a child so Sienna was forced to look for companionship in other things. She gets sad and angry thinking about all the time they’ve lost, but it’s something she’s grown used to. She has a few memories of her dad she thinks back on fondly.

Blaire was often told to start talking to people more. He was very shy growing up, and wanted to live up to his mom’s image of handling people so easily. He found it difficult to really interact with others and was encouraged to reach out regardless.
Sienna was often told to stop experimenting. She would get all sorts of ideas and try to make a bunch of home remedies and what not. She’d always make a mess that was difficult to clean up. Her messy habits have continued to adulthood though.

Blaire swears. A lot. His first swear word was bastard and he used it to call someone he was about to get into a fist fight with. He was around 12 at the time.
Sienna swears to a mild extent. The most she uses on a daily basis is “crap” and “shit” and “goddamit”, but in a severe situation she’ll drop a f bomb. Her first swear word was exclaiming crap by accident when she had dropped something. She was mortified and cried. She was about 9.

For Blaire it was just being referenced as Rebecca’s daughter or referring to themselves as a woman/girl. It’s something he always felt guilty about growing up, but he never fully figured out why until he was in his teens. It’s not something that haunts him necessarily. He doesn’t think back on his pre-transition years as bad or anything and everyone around him has learned to separate the two. Occasionally though if he ends up meeting someone who knew him as ‘Velouria’, he corrects them, but it doesn’t bother him.
Sienna didn’t lie very often as a child, but one lie that always sticks out was when she was a teenager her friends would use her young looking face and short stature to get kid prices at places they went to. It still works and she’s still mildly embarrassed it does.

Blaire gets confused easily, so he’s prone to asking for clarification. If he doesn’t or is too shy to ask, he tells himself the instructions over and over and over again until they start to make sense. It usually works. He doesn’t tell anyone and never mentions he doesn’t understand though.
Sienna asks. Always. She’s a scholar, so she believes in getting the right answers. She’s very forthright about it.

Blaire complains while trying to reach it. It’s horrible and if he has to suffer, everyone around him is going to suffer about it too. At some point he’ll just throw himself against something to deal with it or ask Tina to scratch it for him because he Trusts her.
Sienna will go hide somewhere and try to get it. No one needs to see her make a fool of herself. If she can’t reach it, she’ll use a wall or a desk corner.

Black for Blaire. A lot of his attire consists of dark colors and black goes with everything and works for any occasion. He does look amazing in it.
Sienna thinks she can pull off pastel/light colored clothing really well. Something of the pink variety. She looks well in it, but she pulls off earthy tones better. Greens to be specific.

For Blaire it’s bugs. Any sort of bug. It doesn’t matter if it’s harmless like ladybugs and butterflies or something more extreme, any bug provokes two reactions from him; fleeing or bursting out into tears. If bugs don’t count, it’s rabbit. He had a bad experience with them and doesn’t trust them.
Sienna doesn’t like geese or swans. They’re pretty to look at but she knows better and she knows they will attack.

Blaire thinks about what he’s going to say for a good solid second, and then spits out whatever.
Sienna says the first thing on her mind. There’s no filter between her mind and her mouth. She’s rather honest like that.

For Blaire it’s sort of any gore or medical chart actually. He doesn’t like knowing what’s going on inside the human body and isn’t interested in learning.
Sienna has a pretty strong stomach so not a lot really gets their stomach to turn. Maybe rollercoasters? Drop rides are pretty nauseating to think about.

For himself? Not so much. For others? Yes. Blaire has really bad secondhand embarrassment and it’s the absolute worst.
Sienna is but she brushes it off easily too.

What embarrasses them?

Other embarrass Blaire. He feels really bad secondhand embarrassment, so bad he wants to die when he hasn’t even done anything.
Sienna is herself. She’s clumsy so she gets into funny situations all the time.

Blaire likes the number 6, it’s his lucky number.
Sienna believes in the power of 8.

Blaire would be pretty crude about it. “You shouldn’t want to fuck your family. It’s as simple as that.”
Sienna would take more rational approach something along the lines of “If it makes you think of your parents or siblings, that’s probably familial.”

Because Blaire has to. Blaire would sleep in all morning if he could, but he has a job so he can’t.
Sienna has a regular sleep schedule and is an early bird. She wakes up with a lot of energy and ready to start the day.

Blaire gets quiet around the other person or the mention of them. He isn’t sure how to process jealousy, so he just shuts his trap until the source of discomfort passes. It’s very obvious, even if he tries to deny it.
Sienna busies herself with something. She doesn’t like feeling jealous but isn’t sure how to bring it up either, so she throws herself into work to distract herself.

Blaire feigns apathy. He doesn’t like being envious of people but if it happens, he just shuts himself off from them and does pleasantries until he’s over it. It’s a rather cold shoulder and uncomfortable for everyone involved.
Sienna gets pouty and angry. She would never harm or throw ill intent at the other person. She would just to try get over it as soon as possible.

Blaire is comfortable talking about to anyone who asks. He’s rather open about his sex life, but atleast has the conscience to filter out specific details unless asked for.
Sienna only likes talking about sex with close friends. She’s shy about talking about it and flusters easily. Tina and maybe Verda are the only ones she’d drop the details too. Maybe Felix, but she gets the feeling he’d get the deets one way or another.

Blaire is rather neutral on marriage. Likes the idea and what it stands for and understands how much it means to others. Figures no one would ever want to marry him so he decided early on that marriage wasn’t somewhere in his future and wasn’t for him. Would say yes though, if proposed to and it was the right person.
Sienna loves marriage and all it stands for and wants to get married herself. Very happy and excited for others if someone around her gets engaged.

Blaire likes walking because driving makes him a tad anxious. Would walk everywhere if he could, but is very happy that atleast in Wayhaven car accidents aren’t that big of a concern unlike in the city.
Sienna likes to cycle! Bicycling is fun and healthy for her. She enjoys driving but has a need for speed that she tries to temper down.

Blaire doesn’t like the thought of dying around others. He doesn’t like people seeing him hurt. It’s not so much appearing weak but causing concern and trouble for others.
Sienna it’s knowing others can be hurt because of her. She doesn’t like people risking themselves for her.

"Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?

Both would prefer an unpleasant truth. They both value honesty over sympathy.

Blaire thinks he doesn’t. He always feels like he should work harder and provide more and is self aware of his own habits to know that he’s doing a pretty good job so far, but he tends to put a lot of pressure on himself anyways.
Sienna thinks she is. She’s confident in herself enough to know what she’s capable of and steadily working towards a better her.

Blaire is in denial about it, but Bobby. Bobby hurt him really badly emotionally even if he tries to deny it.
Sienna it’s Murphy. She feels badly remembering she treated him with kindness in their initial meetings after learning all the murder he caused.

Both would say Unit Bravo. UB has become important figures in both their lives and changed their lives for the better.

Blaire does, though it’s more of an odd story than a fun story. Blaire has had a lot of run ins with death and has been through numerous close calls in his life. He finds it entertaining more than concerning. (this is something i’ve gone through too. my life has been one accident after another, it’s comical really)
Sienna prefers to do the joke method. Ice breakers.

Blaire can and should be.
Sienna not in the slightest, she’s very proactive.

It’s difficult for Blaire to shake guilt off if he thinks he could’ve prevented or done something to prevent it. He takes causing harm to others and protecting others very seriously. Even if the reality says there was no way for him to have done so otherwise, Blaire will still blame himself.
Sienna takes things deeply, but looks at the reality of things and knows her limitations. It doesn’t stop her from trying harder the next time though.

Blaire may not act outwardly excited, especially if he has no clue what it’s about, but he’s the type to support and ask questions. Engage and show interest. Depending on what it is, he may join them in their excitement.
Sienna matches whatever excitement her friends show. She feeds off their energy and goes the mile.

Blaire waits for it to fall into his lap, though he doesn’t really expect it. He doesn’t consider himself dating material but isn’t opposed to dating. He is optimistic he’ll eventually find someone who can handle him and meets that in Mason.
Sienna is a seeker. Life is too short, and she has a big enough heart that she might as well share it anyways. She takes dating a little too seriously than most of the others around her though, so she goes on dates often but the relationships she does have last long term.

Blaire does not, but he tries. The thing that’s worked the most so far is just repeatedly saying their name until it sticks.
Sienna has a good memory so she remembers names easily. It’s a skill she picked up after taking anatomy.

Blaire thinks of the outtings Rebecca would take him on during a child, or how she would attend his concerts. He enjoys how time was simpler back then and really holds the time he spent with his mom close to his heart.
For Sienna it’s her high school graduation. She thinks of it as her first real completed milestone and is proud of herself for finishing it. She also remembers all her friends in high school and thinks of how she misses them.

It depends on the flaw but both are willing to look the other way if it’s easy enough. Blaire might call them out on it if it’s something like a bad attitude or a messy workplace. Sienna tries a more subtle approach and suggests better alternatives or how to fix it without them knowing.

Blaire is sensitive. He doesn’t like being scrutinized and already knows what’s wrong with himself. He doesn’t like them being pointed out to him, but will take criticism from the right people or if it’s in the right place. Will sulk for a while though.
Sienna isn’t sensitive, she knows what she’s capable of and what she isn’t. She might be embarrassed at being called out, but she tries to strive to fix them.

Blaire is fine with kids, gets along with them even. He finds them funny and is good at looking after them. Tends to treat them more like adults than children though.
Sienna likes the idea of kids, but isn’t so grand with them. She has no idea how to care for them, and isn’t good with conversing with them because their minds aren’t fully developed.

Blaire doesn’t have an end goal, so there’s no way to answer this question.
Sienna wants to be a pathologist, and she’ll get her chance eventually. She just has to.

Blaire would just respond that he’s gay and figure that would be enough.
Sienna would probably try to explain that she isn’t linear when it comes to attraction, and make it sound more complicated than it actually is.

1 Like

Uh those a lot of questions you got there.(also how do you write that fast.)
(warning adult language and jokes)

under the cut

I would say about 2 hours for all of them.
Alex/lilith(N):not easy, they aren’t the types to laugh.
Jean(F):not easy at all.they get angry faster.
Michael/Michaela(A):pretty easy. They’ll laugh at anything.
Elijah/Elisa(M):depends on the day and mood.

Alex/lilith(N):…
Jean(F):they cry themselves to sleep most nights…
Michael/Michaela(A):they text until they fall asleep.
Elijah/Elisa(M):they read themselves to sleep.

How easy is it to earn their trust? How easy is it to earn their mistrust?
Alex/lilith(N):uh pretty hard and its pretty easy to earn their mistrust(doesn’t mean they won’t sleep with you tho.)
Jean(F):not that hard.
Michael/Michaela(A):super easy they’re too outgoing to not trust people and its hard to earn their mistrust.
Elijah/Elisa(M):they trust everyone, they’re to good not too.
Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable? i’ve actually have no clue(i think its because i have no clues about laws.)

Alex/lilith(N):the smell of sand. It reminds them of the time when their friends dug their head in sand.
Jean(F):the taste of water. They used to be a swimmer.
Michael/Michaela(A): the sight of balloons.
Elijah/Elisa(M): the smell of books.

Alex/lilith(N): To stop trying to fight other kids.
Jean(F): To stop throwing food on the ground.
Michael/Michaela(A): To stop eating glue.
Elijah/Elisa(M):they were a perfect child so, they weren’t told to stop anything. (Well, once they were told to stop reading all the time by their nanny so i guess that counts.)

Alex/lilith(N): oh yeah they swear and they don’t remember they’re first swear word but they remember they’re latest.
Jean(F):when they’re angry and the first time they swore was when they were in high school.
Michael/Michaela(A): they don’t really swear(too childish for that.)
Elijah/Elisa(M):they believe swearing is the evil within so, no not really. (Oh this is going to be fun to watch.)

How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)
Alex/lilith(N):they ask to see if they got it right.
Jean(F):same as Alex/lilith
Michael/Michaela(A): they pretend they understand.
Elijah/Elisa(M): same as Alex/lilith.

Alex/lilith(N):black and they look like a bad boy/girl in those clothes(but they rock it)
Jean(F):gray and they look great in them.
And the other two wear multiple colors.

Michael/Michaela(A): cats for some reason.
Alex/lilith(N):none
Jean(F):none
Elijah/Elisa(M): none

Michael/Michaela(A): unpleasant stuff
Elijah/Elisa(M): bugs…just bugs.
Jean(F):gore
Alex/lilith(N): nothing

None of them are easily embarrassed.

What embarrasses them?
Michael/Michaela(A): when people don’t understand what they’re doing.
Elijah/Elisa(M):when somebody they’re with do something embarrassing.
Jean(F):nothing
Alex/lilith(N):nothing

Alex/lilith(N):… 69…
Jean(F): the number 7 for some reason.
Elijah/Elisa(M):9
Michael/Michaela(A): 1,000,000,000

Alex/lilith(N):“obviously the biggest difference is you can’t sleep with family”
Jean(F):“family will stick with you through thicker and thin, while friends and lovers will leave you when they’re done with you.”
Michael/Michaela(A): “i have no clue.”
Elijah/Elisa(M):“family can’t hold or smile at you like friends and lovers do.”

Alex/lilith(N):… ; )
Jean(F): they just wake up and keep it going.
Michael/Michaela(A): wake up, take a selfie and repeat.
Elijah/Elisa(M): wake up.

Alex/lilith(N): they get possessive(but not too possessive.)
Jean(F): they usually try to ignore it and walk away.
Michael/Michaela(A): jealousy? What’s that?
Elijah/Elisa(M):ignore it.

Alex/lilith(N): " did someone say sex?"
Jean(F): yeah if the topic comes up.
Michael/Michaela(A): …oh yeah
Elijah/Elisa(M): no, they rather keep it in the bedroom.

Alex/lilith(N):no…no marriage for them.
Jean(F): if its something their partner want then they’ll get married.
Michael/Michaela(A):yeah they love parties(wait its not a party?)
Elijah/Elisa(M): yes

Alex/lilith(N):car… usually not there’s tho.
Jean(F): they prefer walking
Michael/Michaela(A): car
Elijah/Elisa(M): train… wait you mean to work? then car

What causes them to feel dread? Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?

Yes for all of them i think.

Alex/lilith(N):…everyone.
Jean(F): A…just A
Michael/Michaela(A): no one :blush:
Elijah/Elisa(M): no one… well maybe be A.

Alex/lilith(N):…everyone
Jean(F):as much as they don’t want to admit it they’re glad to have met F and N.
Michael/Michaela(A): everyone
Elijah/Elisa(M): everyone… mostly.

Alex/lilith(N):hmm no not really they “move around” a lot.
Jean(F): no
Michael/Michaela(A): yes
Elijah/Elisa(M): no definitely not.

Alex/lilith(N):depends on what it is, if its something stupid they’ll roll their eyes but still be supportive.
Jean(F): they’ll be happy for them smiles and all.
Michael/Michaela(A): they’ll be just as excited as them.
Elijah/Elisa(M):same as Jean.

Alex/lilith(N):romance? i haven’t heard of that in a long time…
Jean(F): they wait for it to fall into their lap. Their done seeking for romance.
Michael/Michaela(A): they seek it😊
Elijah/Elisa(M): Elisa would probably wait for it but Elijah would seek for it.

Michael/Michaela(A):when they had their last birthday party(their last birthday party was when they turned 16.)

How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people? How sensitive are they to their own flaws?

Alex/lilith(N):would be like “i just like sex, gender doesn’t matter to me.”(pansexual)
Jean(F): would just explain that they like guys and girls, doesn’t matter to them.(bisexual)
Michael/Michaela(A):would be like “uh…um” they have no clue what they’re sexuality is. (Questioning)
Elijah/Elisa(M): would just explain their sexuality, no need to skip over it. (Pansexual and demisexual)

Alex/lilith(N):never really thought about children. (They probably would enjoy them tho.)
Jean(F): wouldn’t mind children.
Michael/Michaela(A): would you really want them taking care of children(or anything really.)?
Elijah/Elisa(M): yes… just yes

Um. What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?
Alex/lilith(N): would just tell them that they’re boyfriend and girlfriend/boyfriends/girlfriends
Jean(F): probably wouldn’t say anything unless they asked.
Michael/Michaela(A): would sit them down and do an whole big introduction to them (microphone and everything.)
Elijah/Elisa(M): same as Jean.

Yeah originally they were exact copies of the original character’s(they still is) but the more i developed them i noticed that they’re pretty different like Alex/lilith tend to be kinder to people who are nice and like being in groups(well…sexual groups anyways) while M is hostile to anyone new and prefer quiet. I also noticed that as i keep rereading book one that they’re are things that could improve my characters.

The ones i didn’t answer were the ones i really didnt think about (ill probably look at them again and answer them) and the ones with only one answer is because i didn’t have any idea for them.

Different topic:

I feel that answer about Tina and Verda being upset is pretty selfish. I mean the MC might be your friend but that doesn’t mean they need to tell you everything about their past.

2 Likes

I just have to say, before anything else, that this forum rocks. I’ve had a very shitty day, thanks to work, and getting on here is the first thing I did because I knew it’d make me smile and give me a laugh or two. I suppose I should eat, too, but first…

Yeah, I’d be curious to see which it would be. There aren’t very many people she hits it off with right off the bat, and the ones she does that with are typically as rough around the edges as she is (it’s why she was drawn to Mason at first glare).

That would be funny. Another Tina situation. Kira would know she actually was safely ensconced in Dezh’s world when Dezh walked in one day and threw a present at her: “Here. I thought you’d like this.” Then Dezh would wander away cursing about something or other.

Nailed it for Dezh. It’s her favorite brand because they are made better and the material doesn’t fall apart when treated roughly! Workout clothes are where she actually cares about clothing. Otherwise, she just buys whatever fits and is comfortable. And is black…

2 Likes
Labels

Lauren has a preference for “partner”, and the ambiguity of if she’s referring to a work partner or a lover is not a downside for her.
(I imagine at least some confusion, since she spends so much time introducing A and M as just coworkers.)

Kira uses girlfriend/boyfriend unless her RO has a preference. Until they become her fiancee/wife because then she’s throwing that in conversation as often as she can because she’s just so excited.
Kira, after 30+ years of marriage: And this is Nat/Farah, my wife.
Morgan: rolling her eyes

Lauren and Kira have changed a lot since I made them and it’s mostly thanks to all these wonderful questions that force me to think more about these things. :heart:

Rambling

Lauren was supposed to be a really genuine/optimistic person who saw the good in everyone. I was planning on having her force her way through A and M’s resistances with sheer positivity.

That… didn’t happen. lol.

Outwardly she acts much the same as Lauren 1.0, but inside she’s a bit jaded and cynical. She’s still a big softy at her core, but she’s thrown up a few walls in between that and her surface self. You know she’s comfortable when she puts away her public persona of a put-together ‘good girl’ and brings out the sarcasm and innuendo.

Kira was honestly a bit… lacking in the character department before. She’s finally become her own full-fledged character though! Initially she was meant to be the jaded pessimist - but now as much as she loves her sarcasm and sticking her foot in her mouth she’s insensitive, not bitter.

I can see her ‘good girl’ public persona putting off Dezh, especially if she picks up on how fake certain parts are. Lauren would definitely not enjoy how uhhh… ‘rough’ Dezh can be with social niceties. Maybe they’d get along if they bumped into each other off the clock with alcohol involved. (With their alcohol tolerances it would be a long night.)

One of Kira’s love languages is gifts lol. She’d be so surprised she wouldn’t have a quip until Dezh had walked away.

Shouting across the office “Does this mean I can ask you to spar without fearing for my life?”

2 Likes

I was active when we did this, but haven’t done this because mh character-creation abilities were non-existent…they still are, but i lost all of my shame so here you go:

My character Aryan-i couldn't come up with an original name-Greene

It depends on his mood, but for about 15 minutes on average

Really easy. He also finds puns funny!

contemplating his whole existence Reading a good book with a glass of wine before stalking people’s social media until 3 am and then being late for work the next day…

It’s not easy. Aryan doesn’t have trust issues so no big, impossible walls, but it’ll take some time.

You are mistrusted until proven trusted. But subtle mistrust so that you won’t notice. He won’t refuse a cup of coffee you give him because he suspects you poisoned it. He will take it with a big smile and a “thanks” and throw it away when you’re not looking.

He’d prefer for everything to be flexible :wink:
So yeah, he considers laws flexible. A poor woman that steals to provide for her starving children is not the same as a common thief in his opinion.

A teddy keychain he still has from his childhood, almost all of Rebecca’s house (his old room was left untouched).
He likes that feeling. It makes him smile. Aryan did miss Rebecca and all, but he remembers his childhood as a happy one.

Stop: He had this horrible habit when he told his fellow children the school was buit on a graveyard and it was haunted so the ghost will be coming to get them all at night. It was all so that he could scare his fellow classmates-but talking about that scared Aryan as well (though he didn’t show it) and it would end up with kiddie Aryan unable to sleep at 2am calling for Rebecca/nanny and forcing them to get out of bed and do a weird ritual so that the ghosts would leave… Rebecca/The nanny was not pleased and kept telling Aryan to stop with the stories…he didn’t…

Start: To listen more.

He swears a lot when things don’t go his way, but not in general conversation

He does not remember his first swear word.

Past: “I forgot my ID at home, but i swear i’m 18”
Present: “I’m on my way” or “I’ll be there in 5”

Haunted? No, he stopped believing in this “haunting” thing when he was 12. It should have happened sooner, but it didn’t… wait, this isn’t what you meant now, is it?

First time: “Could you repeat that?”
Third time: “Can you be a bit clearer?”
Fifteenth time: smiles and nods Yea…haha…ha :slightly_smiling_face:

He’ll try to use the door frame to scratch it. (I’m assuming it’s on the back because you can reach the other places)

Black and yes he does. (I have still to find people that do not look good in black…)

Penguins…yes, penguins…he tried to grab one at the zoo when he was three and it bit him…

His friend sent him this once and it was not cool and Aryan started having trust issues and never opened messages without being mentally prepared beforehand

Depends on the occasion, but mostly on the spot.

I’m assuming you mean what makes them nervous. It’s when he’s showing you something he likes. He never says “look i love this! Watch!” because he hates it when people say they like it just because you do. He’ll be there like “my friend sent/recomended me this so take a look with me” and then be all nervous, waiting for your reaction. He doesn’t mind it if you like it or not, but he really, really wants you to like it.

Nope. Even if Rebecca took his RO and showed them his baby pictures, Aryan would sit with them and be there like “I used to be so cute! Look at tiny me!” happily.

What embarrasses them?

Maybe forgetting a loved one’s birthday or forgetting to buy them a gift?

1. It all started when he was a kid and wanted to disprove the whole “13 is unlucky” so he plastered the number 13 everywhere. Watching it so much during all those years and saying it was his favourite number even if it wasn’t back then actually made it his favourite number. An odd version of fake it till you make it?

Sex. He’d say physical attraction makes all the difference.

He asks himself the same question every morning. Alongside “do i really need a job?” They are not a morning person…

They become pretty possessive, but also kind of petty with the other person.

Aryan rubs palms together : Hehehe!
Tina: What?
Aryan: We have a meeting in 10 and i put a bottle of water in front of every seat! It’s hot so i put cold water for everyone except for Jake. His seat got warm, room temperature water! HA! Take that Jake!
Tina: …Why?
Aryan: He looked at RO in a flirty way and held their hand! This water thing will show him!
Tina: …okay…

Aryan takes out notebook. It reads “Aryan’s 5 year plan to getting what i want”
On the inside:
Step one
Step two

Step 169 - AND THEN I’LL SHOW THEM ALL

He is very comfortable because “if sex was such a taboo why would it be so easily accessible?”

To his close friends and romantic partners if it involves him and to many people if it doesn’t involve him.

“It’s like a legal contract between two people who got the government involved in their relationship but it’so fun and i want a huuuuuge wedding with this big ass cake and our names plastered in the sky with pretty pretty fireworks and then we ride off to sunset and go to this amazing honeymoon and then we gotta come back and work because i just wasted a ton of money on the wedding and i still have to eat…”

He’s very responsible with his money, but the thought of his own wedding excites him…

Walking. He doesn’t like public transport and he’s stuck with a crappy car so…he walks…

“The Captain wants to talk to you on the subject of you being late for the 4th time this week.”

Unpleasant truth all the way. Unless it’s the whole “Pluto is not a planet again” thing because he will deny it with all his might!

He does, but his ideals is to “be a decent human being” so it’s not too hard…until he did the whole “pizza delivery” to win M friendship points…

Bobby! Because they dated and Aryan regrets that so much…then Murphy came along…

Tina, Verda, all of UB members, Murphy because now UB will be staying there (Murphy is a complicated case…)

Many of them. Most of the stories are really funny and about 20-30% true. And if you get close enough to him, Aryan will start making all the puns he can…

He has his lazy days, but i would not consider him lazy.

Depends on what he had done. Guilt for pepper-spraying A is gone in 2 minutes.

He’s very supportive unless it sounds illogical to them. If his friend who has been a baker his whole life came one day with the desire to become a hunter…in wayheaven…Aryan would be there like “Hey, buddy, are you sure? How about you think it over once again? Maybe in a couple of days…”

Aryan seeks romance as in he’d hit on someone he liked or make the first move, but not go to 20 different bars, searching for his One True Love

Ha…haha…ha…God bless the phones…

Once he goes down memory lane, there’s no stopping at just one memory…

Very easy if the flaw isn’t something he despises

Not much at about 95% of the time and then i 3 am and he is trying to sleep when his brain is there like :slightly_smiling_face:

Meh. “Cute as long as i don’t have to deal with them.”

Really badly. “Don’t get in my way or i’ll shoot you and burn down the house” kinda badly

“I am gay. Homosexual. As in i like guys. I like the same gender. Opposite of straight. Rainbows and unicorns? If you still haven’t understood it i don’t know what to say anymore…”

What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?

“This is RO, my boyfriend.” To all but A who will get “This is RO, a stranger i met back there.” Just to tease them for all the slow burn romance…

Has your MC surprised you in any way? Like… by developing a trait or something that you hadn’t intended, but you decided to run with it?

He became this sarcastic little shit that couldn’t take anything seriously and was making jokes even when Murphy almost killed him… i love it

2 Likes

Okay, I just answered these for Dezh now because I didn’t have time for the others. Will do the rest later…

Summary
  1. What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?
    • Depends. Can she go to sleep instead? She likes sleep, though she has to reach a state of complete exhaustion to actually fall asleep because her mind won’t stop. If she just has to sit still and do nothing? Maybe thirty seconds, then she’ll be up doing something or looking for trouble or working out or watching a movie or anything other than just sitting alone with her own thoughts

2. How easy is it for your character to laugh?
    • Again, it depends, this time on the type of humor. She has a very macabre sense of humor, which doesn’t always mesh with normal human beings. Anything that is inappropriately funny will make her laugh pretty easily. Snarky comments make her laugh or at least snort. Regular humor? She’ll just stare at you stone-faced or huff and roll her eyes.

3. How do they put themselves to bed at night (reading, singing, thinking?)
    • She has to be so exhausted she passes out. It is common for her to go for long walks (or runs, or sometimes lift weights) in the middle of the night to get herself tired enough to pass out.

4. How easy is it to earn their trust?
    • HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh wait, you’re serious. It’s pretty damned hard, though there is a fast-track to it (as she’s learning with UB) and that is to be thrust into life or death situations with her and stick by her side for it (Adam letting her go after Murphy with the DMB went a long way for earning her trust, too). Other than that, good luck. It’ll take a very long time, a lot of patience, some effort, and proving they won’t desert her or crap on her.

5. How easy is it to earn their mistrust?
    • You don’t have to earn it, you’ve got it by default. Once she trust someone, though… I think there are only a few things that would get her to slip to mistrusting someone: desert her (or appear to desert her by avoiding her for a time), hurt someone she cares about (she would annihilate anyone who screws with UB, even at this early stage, though she wouldn’t admit to caring that much about them already or even believe it if someone told her), or make fun of her once she finally knowingly does something for you that is her way of showing she cares.

6. Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?
    • If laws are stupid, she won’t follow them. The same goes for rules and traditions and anything else she finds illogical. She’s very high mind over heart, and has a low tolerance for nonsense and stupidity.

7. What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?
    • Dezh: “Nostalgia? What the hell is that??” Seriously, she doesn’t have a whole lot of memories she finds all that pleasant. There are really only two things that leave her feeling some semblance of sentimentality: the dojo in Wayhaven where she trained before going to college (now it’s closed) and (big time head canon here) the wildlife animal sanctuary she worked for as a teen (which was just the large farm of a Wayhaven resident who decided to help injured wild animals). Both of those were the things she loves most from her past, and what she values the most.

8. What were they told to stop/start doing most often as a child?
    • “Stop being so angry!”
    • “Stop doing such dangerous things!”
    • “Be more sociable!”

9. Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?
    • Like a sailor. She remembers being reprimanded in kindergarten for saying “shit” though that wasn’t the first time she cursed. Her babysitter said she said “damn” when she was only two.

10. What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?
    • Dezh doesn’t really lie. If she tells you something, it’s because she wants to. If you ask her a question, she doesn’t want to answer, she won’t answer it and that’s that (and will likely tell you to piss off if you press her on it). She does lie to herself constantly, but she is blissfully unaware of that.

11. How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)?
    • Dezh: “Huh? What the hell are you talking about??”

12. How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite reach?
    • Dammit, this isn’t the NSFW thread, so I have to go with something less offensive… She’ll rub against a doorjamb or something, just like a cat would.

13. What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?
    • For Dezh, there’s only one color: black. Like her heart, she’ll tell you snarkily. She looks good in it, though. With pale skin, deep red hair, and dark green eyes, she’d probably look good in green or blue, too. But her closet is one big sea of black.

14. What animal do they fear most?
    • She fears no animal and, more head canon, worked with wild animals at the sanctuary mentioned above. She has scars on her arm from an injured wolf she tried to help, but she still wasn’t afraid. She will run screaming from spiders, however. And certain other insects. It’s likely a weird phobia.

15. How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?
    • Rehearse? LOL! If it goes through her head and she chooses to do so, she’ll say it exactly as she thinks it, with no tact, no social niceties, and no regrets. With Dezh, you always know where you stand, like it or not. She will, however, get more chatty and sharing if she gets drunk enough.

16. What makes their stomach turn?
    • Weakness. Seeing animals or small children suffer (though she’ll tell you she hates the little snotmonsters, she’d maim anyone she caught hurting a kid).

17. Are they easily embarrassed?
    • Nope, not in the least. To be embarrassed, you have to give a rat’s ass what someone thinks of you, and she could not care less what anyone thinks. Of course, if someone called her weak, she’d be forced to beat the hell out of them, but it wouldn’t embarrass her.

18. What embarrasses them?
    • Nothing, if you ask her. In reality? Compliment her and she’ll blush like a virgin bride… right before she snorts and makes some self-deprecating comment. She has no clue what to do when someone says something nice about her.

19. What is their favorite number?
    • She doesn’t have one and finds the idea ludicrous.

20. If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?
    • Dezh: “What? What the hell kind of question is that? Family is bullshit. Just because people are blood related to you doesn’t mean they give a damn about you, and if you think otherwise, you’re a dumbass. Romantic love is just some crap people make up to feel superior to animals when they bang. And platonic… whatever. I guess it’s just persistence—the people who won’t go away because, for some ungodly reason, they like being around you.” pause and snort “Well, they’ll probably eventually go away, too. That’s what people do, right?”

21. Why do they get up in the morning?
    • “Because somewhere there’s some asshole who in need of an ass-kicking and my foot is feeling itchy.”

22. How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?
    • She’s never experienced it thus far. But, spoiler alert, since I have something like this written already, she gets angry (surprise, not!) and aloof, but fluctuates between that and becoming possessive as hell. Basically, she doesn’t know which way is up because she doesn’t even realize it’s jealousy—she just knows she’s unhappy and wants it to stop. She won’t admit that she’s having a “hey, he’s mine!” moment, because that would be admitting feelings and that just leads to that kinda pain she can’t handle, which would end up with her doing something insanely dangerous or causing herself a great deal of physical pain to distract herself.

23. How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?
    • She has never really acknowledged this emotion (notice this is different from jealousy, which she hasn’t experienced at all yet). But envy would be dealt with in the same manner as any other emotion she finds distasteful, which is to find adrenaline and physical pain and throw herself into them with abandon.

24. Is sex something that they’re comfortable speaking about? To whom?
    • Perfectly comfortable, and she’d talk about it with anyone. Just don’t mention emotions with it or she’ll suddenly have to go get a drink, go to the bathroom, go jump in front of a moving bus… whatever.

25. What are their thoughts on marriage?
    • Dezh: “Pfft.” Reality… this chick is gonna want it so bad it hurts, once she falls for Mason and realizes she’s fallen.

26. What is their preferred mode of transportation?
    • A very fast car. Preferably on a winding mountain road.

27. What causes them to feel dread?
    • Seeing Rebecca. Being forced into large groups of people (she’s more than a little claustrophobic, though she doesn’t admit it and will just tell you it’s too damned hot in there as she turns red and hyperventilates). The thought of someone asking her about her emotions and crap like that.

28. Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?
    • To tell it? She’d go for the truth. To hear it, she’d say she prefers the truth, but there are some truths I don’t think she’ll handle well.

29. Do they usually live up to their own ideals?
    • Yep

30. Who do they most regret meeting?
    • Most people, actually.

31. Who are they the most glad to have met?
    • UB, though she wouldn’t admit it yet. Other than them, Mr. Peppers, the guy who ran the animal sanctuary and Master Shioda, her sensei at the aikido dojo.

32. Do they have a go-to story in conversation? Or a joke?
    • Nope. And her jokes tend to offend everyone, including Verda and Tina.

33. Could they be considered lazy? No.

34. How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?
    • Another emotion she won’t acknowledge, so pain and adrenaline to the rescue!

35. How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?
    • She’ll listen and she’ll encourage them if they seem to want or need it.

36. Do they actively seek romance, or do they wait for it to fall into their lap?
    • She doesn’t actively seek it, nor does she believe it will fall into her lap. When Mason came into the picture, she started actively seeking sex, however.

37. Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?
    • No. She can remember numbers easily, without trying. Names, on the other hand, she forgets as soon as she hears them, most times. And mostly because she just doesn’t give a damn.

38. What memory do they revisit the most often?
    • There probably isn’t one… yet.

39. How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?
    • Depends on the flaw. She hates weakness and stupidity (ignorance can be remedied, but stupidity is for life). Other than that, she tends not to care one way or the other unless it affects her directly or the flaw hurts one of the few people she wants to protect.

40. How sensitive are they to their own flaws?
    • She’s unaware of her worst flaws, because she sees them as strengths (her inability/refusal to deal with emotions, for example). As for the minor flaws, she doesn’t care.

41. How do they feel about children?
    • Dezh: “Stupid snotty, germ-ridden rugrats.” sees someone bullying a child “How about you step away from the kid before I cut out your entrails and choke you to death with them?”

42. How badly do they want to reach their end goal?
    • Her end goal, according to her, is to protect people from the pieces of crap who threaten their freedom and lives. As far as she’s concerned, being in law enforcement does that, though a secret she keeps to herself is that she’s always wanted to be a higher level of law enforcement, kinda like UB, so becoming part of that? That’d do it.

43. If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?
    • Dezh: “Huh?”
    • Reality: She has a crappy past with Bobby and a high school jerk who basically got her in bed on a dare (long story). Neither guy knew how to… pleasure… her. To make it simple, though, she is straight and she likes it rough.

44. Um. What kind of label would your MC give their RO/relationship with their RO? Or… rather, I guess, how would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner? “This is RO, my __________.” If that makes sense?
    • Assuming this is sometime in the future, but before things turn serious, I imagine it would go something like this (with random nosy acquaintance, keeping it pg-13 so as not to cross lines, but she totally wouldn’t do that!):

“This is Mason.” Dezh paused, glanced over at him, then shrugged.

Amy smirked at her, tiling her head. “And? He’s… what? Boyfriend?”

Dezh’s expression turned deadpan in a heartbeat. God, how she hated nosy assholes like this. “We have a lot of sex. Like, a lot, of sex.” When Amy turned pale, blinking at her temerity to be so crass, Dezh smirked again. “In fact…” Her gaze went to Mason. “Shall we?”

1. Has your MC surprised you in any way? Like… by developing a trait or something that you hadn’t intended, but you decided to run with it?
    • In the future, she does, and it’s because she incorporates her ways of avoiding emotions into her romantic relationship. Early on, she didn’t surprise me except for the fact that, despite arguing with Adam constantly, he’s already earned her trust. She doesn’t realize how much she trusts him, but she can tell him things she wouldn’t tell anyone else. I kinda wish she’d talk to Nate more, because he could probably help her, but she is wary of him.
2 Likes

(Already done the other questions months ago. I don’t want to rewrite it, and I’d be surprised if anyone wants to read it.)

Complicated Feelings on both sides, apparently!

By the end of Book 1/going into Book 2? Mine is kind of in denial about the feelings he has towards Ava, for… reasons. (Bobby, a workaholic streak that’s only become more stubborn, and having feelings towards an emotional brick wall that’s just starting to crack and he’s managed to convince himself not to let go sum it up.) His term would be more along the lines of colleague or co-worker, especially around the “Muggles” (they can’t afford to know the truth just yet). He would probably introduce her as Commanding Agent du Mortain to others under certain circumstances. Given what they’ve gone through, she counts as a friend in his eyes. One that he feels a few complicated emotions about, though. Probably by Book 3, it would progress to “friend, but I haven’t felt this way for someone since…” and try his best not to compare her to Bobby. Only once him and Ava acknowledge their feelings and act on them would he begin to call her his girlfriend.

Not sure whether he's boring or what...

Most of it is just character development. The foundations of his backstory is the same, but it’s the details that are becoming different. If anything, it’s starting to look as though my character is a little boring compared to others, or at least not as angsty. (Also, I’m bad at responding to things about other OCs. If someone else hasn’t just given a decent comment about them, my reaction is usually “Oh, cool…” with no idea where to go from there.)
Honestly, I might be rusty with character development and world-building, and this is really the first few times I’ve been this involved in a fandom. So it feels a little confusing. Hopefully, though, I’ll smooth things out eventually.

1 Like
Summary

Ilya Ilya considers her worst trait to be her perceived laziness. She can be lazy sometimes, usually only about certain things like housework, but really, she’s not actually all that lazy, and she kind of sort of knows it, it’s just hard to acknowledge. Her actual worst trait is probably the awkward combination of her pride and her self esteem issues, because her pride can be highly problematic, and it’s very narrow and fills pretty much just the areas that aren’t full of self esteem issues, so her self esteem is also fragile AF.

Stephan His awkwardness. (It’s actually that his goto solution is violence, but he thinks it’s his awkwardness.) Steph is horrible at pretty much every social situation, to the point where he frequently avoids talking, not because he has nothing to contribute or because he doesn’t want to socialize, but because he’s afraid of offending someone. He also apologizes constantly, usually for nothing, because he’s sure he did something to upset someone, even if he doesn’t know what.

Auren Auren actually thinks of herself as a monster, and … well, she sort of accepts that, really. She’s ruthless, dangerously so, and she considers it a bad quality, but in a very abstract way. She knows it’s bad. She just … kind of doesn’t care.

Tadhg Tadhg considers himself a coward, because he handles emotional problems by … not … handling them. Or acknowledging them. Or talking about them. Or looking at them. Or thinking about them. If he can’t not do those things, he works until he can do those things. If he just doesn’t think about it, it’ll all go away.

Summary

Ilya “This is Commanding Agent du Mortain, one of my peers.” Relationship? What relationship? There’s no relationship here. Stop seeing things. Emotions aren’t real.

Stephan “This is Nate, my … mine.” What are words?

Auren “This is Morgan. She’s even better than she looks.” It’s totally all about the physical, she promises. Definitely. No feelings.

Tadhg “This is Farah. She’s my hope.” He’s a bit of a sap.

Summary

Ilya Ilya’s been around for so long that, honestly, I don’t remember anymore.

Stephan Yeah. =| Yeah, Steph is a lot quicker to get violent than I expected. It makes sense for him and I totally ran with it, but I wasn’t expecting it.

Auren Auren’s a sucker for kids. Doesn’t want any, is dead sure she’d be the world’s worst parent, but she will murder your face if you hurt a kid. It’s … pretty cute, tbh, but I won’t tell her that.

Tadhg Tadhg is … actually kind of poetic when he wants to be. He’ll all kinds of deny it, because oh my god, why would he do that, poetry is not a utilitarian skill, but yeah, he gets poetic. Kind of a lot, when he’s invested in things.

I never did the other questions, but I’m lazy and there are a lot of them. <.<

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of booze might be the only way to make these two friends. Dezh, even when (if) she gets past her issues and learns to accept that she is, indeed, human with real emotions (other than being pissed off), will never be one to give a crap about social niceties. And anyone being fake would totally set her off. She’d rather be around a jerkass who is genuine and doesn’t try to hide it (hello, Mason!), then be around someone who is pretending to be nice and isn’t. And she can spot that a mile away.

Love the meme, lol.

Dezh, glancing back with an evil smirk, “Only one way to find out, isn’t there?”

And she wouldn’t hurt her. Much. After all, if she goes too easy on her, it doesn’t teach her anything!

1 Like

Ok, I found the ask. It’s not what Sera thought was their best assets, but what UB thinks their best assets are. So yeah, that answers your question.

http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/165219107739/about-unit-bravo-whats-their-favorite-part-of

Ugh, sorry for the late response, I haven’t check out Sera’s Tumblr for a while until now.

4 Likes

Bless you.

How could I forget that N actively uses their height when seducing you?? What’s wrong with me??

Hello everyone!
I was a silent watcher of this discussion for a while (well… that because English is not my first language. And I can understand pretty much all of your posts, but I was too shy to join in conversation and show too much mistakes. so you have to forgive me for them😥) and finally decided to join you. Hope you don’t mind)
And you know what?
This thread is a most lively discussion I’ve ever seen:)
So I just wanna let you know how awesome you are!
And dear author. Just thank you for many sleepless nights I spent playing you game!)
I do not regret anything!:sweat_smile:

11 Likes