The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book One (Discussion) FAQ Located on Post 2

angie

3 Likes

Sera can keep them. I no longer am interested lol.

Gravely disappointed in the corner

3 Likes

adds tin foil to my grocery list

We’ll see you get into my brain when I make myself a nice hat!! Just don’t share my dark secrets!! I need those!

3 Likes

As a huge fantasy nut, I would love to see stories set in Echo now, especially something about the one human who managed to get over there!

And fitting, lol. Though I don’t think Adam would really want to cockblock Nate or visa versa, since they want each other to be happy. And given Nate’s reaction to there maybe being something between the MC and Felix (him smiling and thinking Felix deserved some happiness), I don’t think Nate would do that to Felix either. I think the only one cockblocking Felix would be Mason, and he’ll do that to everyone! Which is only fair, since I figure they’ll all do that to him, lol.

I played The Crossroads earlier today (I took a break from work to do it and got wrapped up in it) and now get what everyone means when they say Sera is all about the romance, despite the angst. And if the angst in TC is reflective of the angst we’ll see in TWC, I’m not all that worried (though I did feel sorry for the poor dude left at the house at the end, but at least we visited him!). I bought Ladies Choice, too, but won’t have a chance to check it out till later tonight.

How do you look at the coding in the steam version? I’ve stomped around in every directory I can find and can’t find it. I assumed it was in js files somewhere, but can’t find those. Or do we need to decompile the exe file to see it?

I thought N was the funniest with a bold character. I kept expecting him to dump ice water on her, since he was all “Whoa, girl!”. I so did not save that game…

From what she said, it seems even friendship points won’t matter with the RO, which is good. That way we don’t feel like we have to start all over again making inroads with them (or that we’re closer to N or F than the LI. Both N and F are so easy to rack up friendship points on, which makes sense.

I’ve done like four playthroughs for each RO just to see how they respond to different things. I just recently did playthroughs where the MC didn’t go out drinking with Tina and actually totally love that route more than the bar scene, especially with M, F, and N. I think I like the bar scene better for A, just because he’s to tight-assed you could shove a lump of coal up there and he’d poop out a diamond in mere hours…

I had the same initial reaction. My main detective is bold as hell, and is the type to give M a run for his money in that arena. So I figure, like you do, that he likes the physical reactions he can get from the bolder characters. The shy character I tried was drawn toward N and F (of course), since they are the least threatening.

Bad boys are the best… always!

You should try A next, because he’s a huge pain in the ass and wields honesty like a war hammer to the MC’s head (and everyone’s head).

Bingo. A needs someone who won’t back down from him. Ever. He’s too used to intimidating everyone with his mere presence. Though, instead of a frying pan of feelings, I’d go for a warhammer to match his warhammer of honesty.

This x100000. I get the feeling with M, he’s used to the types that he gets to tease. I loved his response to the ‘smile that wasn’t professional at all’ because it seemed like shock. Ditto when the detective tells him if he wanted to get close, he coulda just said so. I don’t think he’s as used to anyone being as forward with him as he is with them.

4 Likes

I’ve been following Sera’s work for a while and as soon as she posted that bit about possibly doing a story of a human in the echo world… I was like don’t make me want to read another story before you’re done this one! :sob: What’s seven years or so anyways…

Yeah you have to extract the files from the .exe. I think there’s instructions on how to do it somewhere, but I got mine from someone else.

I’ve posted about this some time ago, check out the link. You’ll need 7-zip and a specific plugin to view text directory.

Edit: I dunno how I managed to reply to you, Mewsly, please ignore this :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, I will… * smirks * after I tear myself away from this juicy forum and (finally) finish my first playthrough.

Mason’s oblivion about love is also really cute.

Tbh, I don’t know how my MC can concentrate on work with 4 Greek god good-looking, male model perfect guys surrounding her.
If I were MC, I’ll be drawing up a list of Pros and Cons of each guy to decide who to date. In fact, irl, I’m already drawing up a list of Pros and Cons of each RO.
@Seraphinite, you are evil to make us choose between these impossibly gorgeous ROs.

3 Likes

No! I am going to read this whole thing now!! You can’t stop me!

3 Likes

Also, for those that would like to play more games by Sera, there’s this game too and it’s not on Sera’s itchio page. It’s her first game and I really enjoy it https://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31366

1 Like

Thanks for this. I have yet to try Crossroad but I played “The Lady’s Choice” it was so good. XD

Glad you tried out her other works!

I agree with @spunkycatninja on this. When we said bold or shy, it was in terms to their approach to romance. XD

Although Alexa and Lisbeth are subtle romance wise, they are not shy in terms of personality. They do know when to put their foot down especially if it comes to their job.

1 Like

I went through Lady’s Choice tonight and enjoyed it. I did the Captain Blake romance and liked him, though I thought he was a wussy whiner for part of the story, lol. It’s like “grow a pair, dude!” and he did toward the end, so it was satisfying that way. I want to go back and try that no-named poor dude whose name I can’t remember. He seemed ballsy as hell, and I dig that.

You should try Crossroads. It’s short, but it’s a good story and the two other characters are pretty cool.

Me too! It made me feel better about Wayhaven now that I have a feel for how she tells a story. I just needed to experience it myself to make sure.

I like that she kinda had this quality as an option for the MC in Lady’s Choice, too. Playing wimpy characters is always a turnoff for me, so it makes me happy to be able to be snarky or ballsy or both.

For Lady’s Choice, I do admit, I would’ve loved the opportunity to have slugged Lord Huntington right in his smug mouth, though. What an asshole!

1 Like

Random drop here. Picture my [canon] detective (the singing detective?) finally serenading Nate (hence this version of the song), at some point, what with her not being overly forward but rather shy yet unwittingly flirty with him:

Think he would appreciate this? :thinking: :blush:

1 Like

Judging from this and the discussion from the other night about F having a road trip mix tape with like 45 hours of Whale Noises.

I can’t help but picture F outside MC’s house with a super old Boom Box blarring Whale Mating Calls now. :laughing:

1 Like

13 Likes

Not like I needed sleep or anything! I think I’ll just go replay Book 1 again instead!

1 Like

Luckily we only have the first one in this series… For now :fearful:

Question. How many chapters long is a demo?

It just depends. Wayhaven 1’s first Demo went until the scene with UB and Rebecca as the office where they learned they would be looking after you so about two Chapters, but the final Demo was up to Chapter 7

The first demo will probably be up to Chapter 3, then final demo will likely go up to Chapter 6. That’s how I have it planned for now.

The first couple of chapters are short-ish as they’re mostly recap and re-intro stuff, which I wanted to get out of the way sharpish :smiley: So I want to make sure and add Chapter 3 to start getting into the meatier stuff for the first demo.

20 Likes

@Seraphinite in one of the recap options, i saw that there is an option that says “pre made character”. what does that mean exactly? is it our imported MC from book 1? or like a default character for book 2??