The Void Above (WIP)

That’s hilarious. That’s EXACTLY what I am doing. I have two romances where I have Kaiden and Garrus and I cannot stand the idea of being without someone for an entire game! So I am playing as a paragon hero and I am going to stay faithful to Kaiden this time around! And if I get some time before Andromeda, I’m going to play a renegade and romance Garrus so we can be all BA together. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

If there is going to be aliens: there is must need for your alien best friend/buddy cop/elite sniper/garrus vakarian/turian category

1 Like

I must admit, I find myself cautious when approaching sci-fi games. While I enjoy them probably too much I can’t help but be disappointed in a few of the choice of games relating to such a genre. I suppose my question is what do believe will be different about your game as opposed to others? What do you think will stand out?

I have no doubt that your writing will add to the story from what I’ve seen thus far, and the plot is interesting and I’d be interested in following it, but again I’ve been disappointed in the past. Regardless, I wish you luck, as this isn’t an easy thing to do.

1 Like

I’m trying to make my writing as “real” as possible, like we could discover something tomorrow. I’ve done extensive research on the topic to know what sort of technology we expect to have and what we expect out of the universe. While I don’t necessarily find myself an enthusiast, I look at this big universe and I think how on earth could we possibly be alone? So I’m trying to make this story as tech based and as little fantasy based as I can. It’s not going to be “well this really cool technology exists and it’s basically magic and you can do all this cool stuff now”. The characters are definitely going to be limited to the technology, and the technology that’s going to be in the time I set it in is going to be backed up with real science. I want readers to feel like they’re living it, not dreaming it.

2 Likes

The premise is something I like very much so I’m definitely looking forward to see what you’ll write.

My Space Marine persona is taking over. For the Emperor! Exterminate the Xenos! Well, just kidding, kinda… Are we going to be able to play as Xeno haters or something like that? I don’t mean an hardcore space marine or inquisitor from warhammer 40k (gosh, if you don’t know Warhammer 40k I probably sound crazy as hell), just a tamed version of it.

That aside. It seems a quite original and very interesting setting. You have found a potential fan.

1 Like

There better be advanced, high tech gauntlets as available weapons. I want to beat that alien ass with my own hands.

Also, cybernetic enhancements would make sense, and be a nice addition. I can give you some ideas, if you wish.

Overall, I really enjoy your concept. Can’t wait for a demo.

2 Likes

I certainly hope it doesn’t disappoint! I will have the first several chapters out one of these coming up weekends, just as soon as I can figure out how to get a few stats working correctly.

3 Likes

I would rather use my cat as the weapon of infinite destruction it is.

1 Like

Is there any factions within the story ? It will be cool if it has… The problem with Mass Effect was, it allow only one faction to grow per game, ME 1=Alliance ME 2=Cerberus ME 3 = Alliance

It annoy me because i start with ME 2 and start buying into the Cerberus theory, and in ME 2 , it display the Arrogance of the Alliance faction so i was looking forward to join the Cerberus in ME 3 , but ME 3 it revert back to the Alliance as the good guy again, i feel a bit disappointed because there weren’t any choice at all for me to side with cerberus, and they expect me to buy the craps where Ashley and the alliance is the good guys…

so i hope there will be some choices on the faction where we involve, and it is not necessary for one faction to be the ultimate good guys and the other is the bad guys, it will be cool if both factions has their right and wrong

2 Likes

AI?

:smiley:

Anyhow, this seems like quite an interesting concept as I myself is into sci-fi. Looking forward to reading!

Unfortunately there will only be one faction you can really get behind as that’s the only one your MC will have a vested interest in. It’s your MC’s job to look out for human interest. However, if all goes well with this game, then I fully intend to make it a series and will allow more factions to support as it stands behind the story line.

1 Like

There will likely be AI as this technology is already around for the most part. We will just have to see how advanced it gets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy::joy: there will likely not be any cats. So sorry to disappoint.

1 Like

All the best to you :slight_smile:

please take care while making your story a success :slight_smile:

Synthetic robot cats!

(Inspired by the long earth)

2 Likes