The Last Laugh (Work in Progress)

So it’s finally up, huh ? Congrat @Wesker22 ! :+1:

Save for a couple of misspell, and wordings. I love your humour. And suprisingly, I also love what I have seen of Vera. Which mean that it will make things hard going further in the story .

You made me chuckle all the way lol. And for some reason, I’m imagining her looking like Alti but with Flemeth sharp genius voice acting.

I wish you all the best! :wink:

8 Likes

I’m a sucker for being a villain in a story. Also Vera seems like she’ll be a fantastic mamas. I’ll make her proud :triumph:

11 Likes

bild

You missed a quotation mark at the end.

2 Likes

This was a really cool start. Last month I was actually reading Red Hood and the Outlaws: Dark Trinity and this story is the closest to a game about Bizarro so its great. Besides the spelling and misgendering of the hero and Horus sometimes, its written really well. I like the perspective switches so far too. Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

This is an interesting concept and I’m enjoying the game so far! Good luck with your continued writing.

2 Likes

@Wesker22 Why is our alter-ego name that of a heroic Egyptian deity? Is that a plot related thing that’ll be explored in the future or did you choose that name for irony’s sake. Since the name Set or Apep could be a case of obviously evil. Or did you do it because you simply liked the name?

3 Likes

Well, the name Nemesis sounds evil (in a modern contest), that it sounds epic AND that’s what Vera made the MC too be: The Nemesis to Megawomen/Megaman. Also I think that coming out of the tube was a bit to fast, there was no transition.

3 Likes

@Dragongodess Creole means the male alter ego. Female alter ego is called Nemesis, after the greek goddess of revenge and retribution while the male clone is named Horus after one of the egyptian gods and son of Osiris.

@CreoleGuy519 The reason for the naming is the same as Nemesis, Horus is, among many things, a god of revenge and retribution, specifically to avenge what Set did to Osiris. It’s Vera’s way of letting Mega-Man/Mega-Woman what the clone will become: her retribution upon the world. It also works as a joke because both Nemesis and Horus aren’t evil and in fact were very fair in their judgements.

12 Likes

Well you learn something new every day!

5 Likes

Actually, the Egyptian God of revenge is named Petbe. While Horus is a protector deity of the sky, war and kingship. I can see how you see him as an avenger(much like Sekhmet, the warrior goddess of destruction)since he castrated his uncle in retaliation, for the mutilation of his father but he is not the quintessential deity of revenge and retribution like Nemesis. But, since the number of clearly defined deities of revenge is few, I understand why you grouped him in the same category as Nemesis.

5 Likes

I’ll concede my knowledge of egyptian mythology is not as in depth as with greek. I just remember searching for gods of revenge once and found him grouped in that. I researched a bit about it and found those reasons as to why he was considered as such. Although I did wrote a god, not THE god of revenge.

7 Likes

Wow! This is a lot of fun, Im really intrigued. BTW When u choose Cobra-Mom-Cy(in training) u don’t get almost any(1%with mom) “relationship”

3 Likes

Really love the demo! But can you make it so we can change hero’s and mcs gender separately? Since Vera is a renowned geneticist she probably can alter the gender of the clone however she wants instead of having to make an exact copy. (unless she was going for that?)
Also is MC same age as Mega (Wo)man or younger and did Vera just speed up the process from baby to adult or was MC adult from birth :thinking:

some textual errors

Captain Rodriguez has been one of Mega-Woman closes allies for years…

closest

She did not knew what Vera had in store, she never really did.

know

Well at least she didn’t brought monsters for this one. That would have caused some casualties.

bring

He never does. He just keeps quiets and evaluates you.

quiet

And there’s quite a few gender coding errors in Male path, I only managed to peep a few but there may be more

“So, how many of you are tired of Mega-Man always coming to the rescue and screwing shit up?” Many of them nod. “How many wish there was a way to get rid of her without having to spent an arm and a leg on negative energy?”

The other monsters were always just a way to keep Ms. Goody two shoes busy. This one, on the other hand, is my beautiful masterpiece.

“Too bad she doesn’t use most of it.” Her snake hisses a little. “For the most part, anyway.”

11 Likes

@Welldread Probably the fairmath system. If you have a big enough relationship with her it may be giving you less percent. Truth is the stats are there to remind me where to put them. As it stands, they’re not balanced at all since that’s not my focus at the moment. I’ll do it when I hit the beta stage. In the meantime I’ll add more reward/retractions to the relationship stats in the next patch.

@Fiend Vera was indeed looking for an exact replica. It wouldn’t have the surprise for the world if the clone was a different gender than Mega-woman/man. There won’t even be a point to wear a mask since no one could tell they’re related. The whole point is that the heroes recognize the clone when they reveal themselves and accept that Vera is not joking about having made a clone.

Physically wise? The clone is the same age, although biologically speaking, the clone is probably barely out of puberty not to mention their brain may be fully developed but it has little knowledge. I’ll touch on the process of the clone’s creation and birth in issue 2.

13 Likes

Fair math, I hate this thing, but it is not the problem if u choose otherwise Mom-Cobra-Cy u get much more relationship Cobra, Mom, layalty, so I pretty much sure something busted and for sake of everything good, please don’t use fair math, it’s most annoying thing in choose of games script and it’s not fair when u losing A LOT of points by “accidentally” choosing the wrong path without any way of comeback in late game, because u earning much fewer points. Its especially bad if u need something like 80% in the end and u lose 5 or more % by choosing to oppose to a person(or “ideology”) in some petty argument, and cannot reach ending u want before u wanted to “roleplay”. Especially in the game"I, Cyborg", its really annoying and frustrating.
BTW Ure writing is very nice. Its clean(English isnt my native language but text isnt piling up, so its easy enough for me to read without a problem), witty(scenes have a nice touch), making me smile(pans worthy of Superman }:p) and the whole idea excites my imagination }:3

5 Likes

Hey! This WIP seems interesting. I’m hoping it’ll be an actual game in the future!
I know there’s the options to help your creator with her plans, be a villain on your own or be a hero but… I wish there was an option to just want to live a normal life. Like, it makes sense for MC to not wanting to be just a copy, but their actual person, right? So being a hero maybe will make them feel that they are not being themselves, just a copycat. Addressing the villain path, MC will probably think their creator is using them and maybe they don’t agree/like the way villains think)?
So, wanting to be normal doesn’t sound out of character and, I would love to play this path in my playthrough. Probably other people also want this. This is just a suggestion, of course.
I’ll be waiting the next update :heart:

6 Likes

And this is one of the reasons I had opened up the wip. I had thought about something similar to this but haven’t developed it. I can work it into the story no problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

Regarding about the villain path, there will he times the Clone can question and even disagree with Vera. You already have a couple of choices here where you can disagree with her.

4 Likes

I really love this wip so far! can’t wait to see where it goes from here <3

3 Likes

So I’ve been thinking, when the protagonist is being created the gene’s of the hero, why couldn’t we as the player select the gender? I mean it does make sense when you select mega man or mega women that it would correspond with said gender of the hero. I just feel it makes it easier and more, I don’t know fluid?

Example
Vera (female) + Mega Man = Female or Male Protagonist
This is understandable.

Vera (female) + Mega-Women = Female or Male Protagonist
I personally find this slightly weird.
In the end it makes sense due to Vera taking Mega-Women’s DNA.

I don’t know I’m blabbering again or maybe I’m over thinking it…

2 Likes

:point_up::point_up:
Refer to this answer.

16 Likes