The Hunt: Demon Eyes [Moved to Twine]

sunday update 21.06

This week was a good week for th:de :smiley:

I’m in the final stretch, though I have to postpone the update a little after all (surprise essays are a joy, everyone should get them x.x)

Bas got his first flirt scene this week, and I’m curious to see what y’all will think about it because I’m trying something a bit different with him (it makes a lot of sense for him and his character)

It’s a lot of fun writing him because I didn’t for a long time (he’s one of those characters that used to be an oc for a different fandom). I’m also looking forward to getting to write Xiuying next because I haven’t really written her much outside of Tumblr asks, so that’s new something new :smiley:

And that’s it for the update. Take care, everyone!

13 Likes

Great news

1 Like

Sunday update 28.06

Another productive week!

I’m basically finished with ch2 and Bas’ route. I got momentarily distracted by a continuity error I didn’t think about before, meaning I had to play around with the code a bit and rewrite some sections.

Now, I’m making the first edits and rewrite some sections in this chapter and ch1, because I tend to forget that people can’t look into my brain and know my thought process; meaning I have to rewrite some details for later stuff to make sense x)

The next update is not too far away. Uni is almost over for the summer, and there are no more surprises coming (I hope…), so things should be smooth sailing now ^^

Remember: If you have questions/ feedback about anything, feel free to hit me up :smiley:

That’s it and take care!

24 Likes

Chapter 2 uploaded!

I also fixed up the story summary above and some features to better reflect what is in as of now.

Have fun and if there are any errors/ glaring grammar mistakes or things that are just weird, feel free to drop them by :smiley:

I might be a bit slow to answer, but sooner or later I will get to it!

The update includes:

• Removed ‘Inventory’ from stats
  • Added first draft of archive in stats
  • Added ‘Trust’/ ‘Wariness’ stat in relationships
  • Added visible Romance counter for relationships
  • Added conditions to prologue & ch1
  • Added choices to ch1
  • Added part 1 of ch2 & Bas’ route
  • Rewrote certain sections, wording & grammar in prologue & ch1
30 Likes

When creating your character it doesn’t make much sense if you pick to have black eyes.

Also if they don’t know you’re a hunter it still says you outed yourself as a hunter when you discover you’re in Maidenbrooke.

1 Like

Fixed ^^ Changed the following sentence a bit, thanks for pointing it out! :+1:

2 Likes

When going to Nasim’s shop it says i lower my beanie over my ears. I never picked to have a beanie.

2 Likes

Thaat was a left-over setting from my test-playthrough :sweat_smile: but it’s fixed now!

2 Likes

If everything goes well, it won’t even hurt,” Bas promises, and you look at him with a frown.

“Shouldn’t?”

“Won’t!” he quickly corrects himself. “I’m confident in my abilities.”

He said won’t the first time.

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been called to attention before or if it’s done on purpose but…

Not even your uncle ever described something like this. You can’t explain why you would be able to feel it this strongly all of a sudden.
Your eyes fall back on Elian.
Just what is he?
Suddenly, his eyes widen again and he straightens his back.
Oh, dear. I didn’t even- My name is Elian,” he introduces himself. “How are you feeling? Do you think you can move?”This text will be blurred

I don’t think there was any mention of his name before he actually introduced himself so… hehehe! :v:
Nice WIP btw, I am looking forward to it :heart:

2 Likes

This was great.:smiley: My grammar and word nitpicks have already been pointed out, so I have nothing to say except that I loved it.:+1:t2:

1 Like

this page repeated after choosing beige skin color

1 Like

@domthestar & @redfield fixed! thanks for pointing it out ^^ And glad you enjoy it so far :yellow_heart:

@Book_Devourer thank you :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

@Xarthery :scream: I saw that yesterday and thought something was off but didn’t follow up on it! Damn, thanks for pointing it out! And that’s my friends is why you keep a copy of your finished chapters around x.x
I fixed it and copied in the actual paragraph x)

5 Likes

I might just be dumb but is there a paragraph missing before.
“Lupita blinks”?

2 Likes

Nope that’s me messing up my *if’s and labels x)

Should be fixed now :smiley:

2 Likes

Well now, that was an awesome experience!
I must admit I was conflicted if I should play this or not. It was like, nothing made me think I NEED to try it, but at the same time I was intrigued. I’m so so glad I did!

I like the overall tone of the story, and well, the characters are really cool. I wish it had a male werewolf avaible for romance though, but oh well, it’s not that big of an issue I guess, since I really REALLY love Elian (I only romance male characters). I can’t wait to know what he is.

I guess I should point out some errors or bugs I wound before I continue gushing :sweat_smile:
Keep in mind I won’t do a lot of spelling and grammatical corrections cause English isn’t my language so yeah - I can pick up on some things but…
Oh well, here I go:

• In the archive, under common demons, the sentence “While the host unable to take control of their body, their mind, settling into a meditative or ‘sleeping’ state, their body is still in need of maintenance.” confuses me a bit, though I understand the meaning.
    And in the same entry “It is not known if a child conceived by a possessed demon and an average human is in any way different than other human children.”. It should be “concieved by a possessed human and an average human” or “concieved by a demon possessing a human and an average human”, right?
  • I think the category “fractions” should be “factions”?
  • I found a HUGE bug and I’m not even sure how to describe it. It won’t carry to the final game anyway, but it was really annnoying. Since the demo allows for saving, I was doing that in order to try various options and see their consequences on stats and relationships. I was at the part when you discuss Elian with Bas, and I saved before a choice, picked it, checked the relationships menu, and then clicked load because I wasn’t sure if something was affected and wanted to recheck the relationship values before doing that choice. But since I was on the relationships screen when I clicked “load”, the game started to consider the stat screen as the game screen. Basically, if I click “show stats” I go to the stats. And if I click “return to the game”, it loads the stats screen again. So no matter how many time I click on the button, I go back to the stats screen and can’t proceed with the game.

As I said, I probably missed various errors - that’s what I wrote down in my notes while playing. I didn’t check the entire archive, mind, because I was too lazy.

I have to say it made me laugh when I checked the relationships page very early on, and it only said “The Demon doesn’t care about you.” - no shit XD
It’s especially funny when there’s only the demon. Once actual relationship bars are added, it looks more “normal”.

Oh, and I’d like to thank you for adding shy romance options - I hate to have my characters openly flirt. And I’m happy that Bas actually openly flirts - I have mentionned that on topics about the matter, but it always bothers me when the love interests are only interested in the MC if the player made some choices to initiate that. I like it when some of the LIs are actually interested on their own. Makes it more natural. Though I still like Elian way more so yeah, sorry Bas…

Also, this may seem a little weird, but I do have a very strong reaction to amnesia. Like, plot revolving around amnesia make me really unconfortable - forgetting is something that scares me a lot. So well, that makes the story extra terrifying, but at the same time, you write in a way that makes it interesting without it bothering or distracting me. But I guess I would like the game to have a trigger warning about amnesia anyway? Like I said, it didn’t truly bother me, the way it is presented, but it’s always good to have that. I mean, I DID know about it since I read the story in the original post, so no issue, but I don’t always do since I tend to go into stories blind.

Anyway, great game so far, and again, Elian is so awesome. Can’t wait fort he next updates - I’m so hyped now.

2 Likes

First of all thank you so much for your review, it a lot! <3

I’m glad you like Elian ^^ I do keep my options open for other possible romances (Nothing official) but one of the other possible ones might be of interest to you :wink:

Same x) buut every bit helps haha

Both fixed! Hope it’s easier to understand now!

Jup it should x) and now it is ^^

That is actually something I have encountered in other games on dashingdon before! I’m not sure what causes it, but my work around is to just not load a game while I’m still on the stats screen. At least I don’t think there is something I can do? Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

The archive is still very much under construction anyway x) so there wouldn’t be much use for you guys to correct it too much x) but I really appreciate what you found ^^

XD Yeah, I mean… it might change you know? and you already met the demon, so it made sense to have it there x)

Glad you like it! I always love playing the shy options if they are there ^^ and yeah, I’ve been sneaking around those topics (probably saw your posts too) and thought ‘why not see how it goes’ pretty happy with how it turned out ^^

Added it! Thanks for pointing it out!

:yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

Hah, I’ve seen the corrected things since I’m replaying for fun!
Thouuugh, the common demon thing… it now says “conceived by a possessed human and an average demon”… that’s still not it XD

EDIT: oh, and nice to know more romance options may be added!

1 Like

yeaaah I need to sleep x.x but I hope now it’s right…
But hey, it’s got official replay value x)

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, looks fine now!
Ah, I should mention it since you talked about replay value, but I’m actually quite peculiar when playing these games. They have a huuuge replayability for obvious reasons, but I find myself unable to make different MCs, so usually, when I replay, I always do so the exact same way (or I only fix small details). Rarely I try for other endings, as long as they depend on a couple of choices and do not require changing the MCs personality.
The only thing I can do is trying another romance, but that too may not even be the case - it depends on the game.

So yeah, I can replay and see corrected things and stuff, but I probably won’t be playing a different “path”.

6 Likes