The Golden Rose: Book One by Ana Ventura

Patch notes:

• Typo and grammar errors clearing.
  • Adjusted the inn conversation in Chapter 6.
  • Neia now specifies which hand Romanus has a mark on.
18 Likes

I was at chapter 5 when the game has been updated, should i start over?

Not at all. It’s minor changes, really and, if you’re on chapter 5, then you’ll see the most significant of them because they were in the chapters ahead.

But again, very minor things.

21 Likes

4 books? Wow, just wow.
Also i hope you’re not planning to kill Alessa/Hadrian… I love Alessa my main RO and Hadrian is such a good friend.

6 Likes

ayo… Why did you liked instead of answering? Don’t tell me…

If Hadrian dies, my MC will just have to invent the True Resurrection spell. How hard could it be?

21 Likes

I doubt one of the main love interests would be killed off. That’s one way for an author to loose readers

8 Likes

Nothing is impossible. Though if Alessa is harmed I will buy and destroy a bottle of Scotch in a single night.

6 Likes

Yo how tall is the character you play as?

1 Like

I made her as tall as me, 5 ft 1. She’s fun sized

2 Likes

Best story I have read in a good long while looking forward to the squeals.

9 Likes

I keep meaning to bring this up, and then forgetting - there actually was a medieval mercenary group named the White Company. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (of Sherlock Holmes fame) wrote a novel based on them. I’m not sure if it’s just a coincidence, but it’s certainly fun for a history buff like myself. :smile:

6 Likes

3 Likes

Ah, a GRR Martin reference. I figured there was another link in the referencing chain, probably one more recent than a 130 year old historical adventure novel (never read GRRM myself, the link went right over my head :smile:).

4 Likes

Ayo, is there a complete achievement guide somewhere? The one i found doesn’t have all of them

Specifically interested in ‘It grew’

1 Like

Man, this story is so good! I decided to do some code-diving before I start my next playthrough, and I have some questions.

1. What is j_glass? It’s by some of the Lore/observation stuff (like nero, nero_emperor, siren, juturna, etc.), and I don’t want to miss anything.

2. What is light_purse? I assume it’s an item you can collect because it’s by the other items (like red_ring, compass, cross, etc.). If so, where can I find it?

3. What is the difference between hadrian_doubting, hadrian_promise, hadrian_assertive? Is there a specific interaction that decides which one it is (I have hadrain_assertive).

4. What is the check_2 for both Hadrian and Alessa? I assume it has something to do with their romances.

5. What is beka_nickname and beka_add? I love her and don’t want to miss anything.

6. What is trapdoor? It’s right by search_desk_gates, so I assume it has something to do with the Gates.

7. Finally, how do you get vaughn_respect? I didn’t think it was possible, lol.

Sorry for all the questions! I’m on my fourth playthrough, so I know what most of the stuff is, but these are the ones that have me stumped!

1 Like

Sent GR to one of my old friends from Undergrad History as a gift, never played a choice game in their life. They loved it! They are Dutch and are making all sorts of plans for Roman sites across the EU now. Well, we were before, but inspiration counts!

He kinda played a murderhobo but no one is perfect, I’ll forgive him if he still takes me on that tour of the Trappist monasteries we were planning after.

3 Likes

“trapdoor” probably refers to the trapdoor you can find if you go to the barracks and go on an exploration trip there before getting down to the business of finding clues about Rafael’s whereabouts.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the stairs that lead to the dungeon? I thought that was just a basement, not a trapdoor. Also, I definitely explored that area, but trapdoor was set to false for me.

1 Like

Go to the dungeon, check under the straw, IIRC.

1 Like