The Fight for Home (WIP) (UPDATED 7/30)

Thanks.

I wanted my username to be “banana”, but someone has already taken it. So I made it “banan” :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a feeling that was thr case as Banan is banana in polish so you still are banana just multicultral

1 Like

I get that this is a very early work, but I find myself missing a lot of descriptive details. Where am I? What is home like? We get the warning that “they’re here” but I didn’t notice any combat happening at the time, or something that rouses me into action towards the end.

A couple grammatical errors in there too, so I’ll just wait for some more progress on the demo. Still, keep it up.

2 Likes

Yeah, banan also means banana in Azerbaijani and Polish

Yay, I’m banana! :smile:

Good Demo @:banana: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I just do a quick run, I do feel the start is rushed, but I like the story so far. and I kinda suspicious of alfie

3 Likes

Yes, because this is not even full demo. I shared it to check interest.

You’re the warrior of House Elmert which is located in North. I guess you know where you are.

If you chose to stay and fight, you would see the combat. Also, that part has continuation.

English is not my first language. I would be happy if you can tell me those errors so I can fix them.

That was one of the shortest demos that got me hooked within 1.2 seconds.
You have magic powers :clap:

1 Like

Huh…I wonder…has Alfie some clairvoyant abilities? Is he a spy? How does he know the “savages” are coming? And why is he not able to argue his case better? I really would like to question a bit more as the gane allows me to right now…Because the way he acts is really suspicious. (And maybe tell him that for such a good warrior who is all for solidarity under warriors he acts rather cowardly…)

Also for being ROs Alfie/the Commander die rather fast. I don’t even know those characters yet, but I guess this is mostly to have some branching for the game? I mean I assume this at least.

I agree with those saying that the story could need some more descriptive details basically, a little bit more text also during conversations.

And maybe things explained like how long does the MC know some of those people? I’m for example really confused why Alfie is so set on staying with the MC…they were an ass to him, wouldn’t it make more sense for him to leave them, if he anyway doesn’t want to fight?

Otherwise interssting game, I’m curious to see what will happen next.

3 Likes

All of you questions are spoilery and I can’t answer them :frowning:

You will find out why Alfie knows Savages more than anyone and why he is so set on staying with MC.

Yes, I know it needs details. I will add them in the next update.

Also, The Commander is not a RO. Of course, Alfie dies if you do not choose him. It’s not like ROs are immortal. I want game to be realistic. And if you like him, why would you let him die? :smiley:

3 Likes

Wait, which Commanders are ROs and when will we meet them? I’m confused…

Edit: Oh wait they are Commanders of different houses as MC…

And I’m more suprised by how soon he dies. I can’t say it had much of an emotional impact on me

1 Like

I mention ROs in the premise.

So there’s no Commander of House Elmert in the list, right?

And It didn’t have much of an emotional impact on you because you don’t feel anything towards him, no? If you had feelings for him you wouldn’t let him die.

And I just got 5 hours block because of you :joy:

You know, I’m new user. They gave me 5 hours block because I commented “so much” :smiley:

1 Like

I just noticed. :sweat_smile: (just changed my post as you posted yours)

Oh I totally would let him die to save the Commander even if my character had feelings for him (what I can’t decide in that short span of time). Duty before feelings. I may would feel bad, but I actually don’t feel anything for that character. At most curiosity, but he can’t be that important for the plot if he dies around the first two pages so I guess it’s not worth it.

My criticism is more why kill off characters before we even had the chance to establish a relationship. I would probably still let them die, but it would be a more meaningful/difficult choice.

Edit: To rephrase it clearer of course I don’t feel anything for that character because the game by now gave me no reason to do so, because he is just some random NPC at the time of the decision. I know nothing about them or why they should matter in any way for the MC. The choice feels rather meaningless considering this. It’s basically “save faceless person a or b” and person a just happens to have the higher importance for what’s happening at hand. If I wouldn’t have read the description I wouldn’t even guessed that Alfie is in any way important for the plot, the MC or that he can be a RO. That’s what I mean with “his death has no emotional impact”.

Wait, what? In what way and how?

3 Likes

You get limited in the amount of posts you can do as a basic user i had the exact same problem, its to stop spam from people making more accounts to troll

3 Likes

But soon he will get member and then regular :slight_smile:
Hopefully btw Banan https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/4 this should help you

2 Likes

Oh man, it’s eternity since I was a basic user and I was too terrible shy to even type “hi”, so I never run into that problem…I run sometimes in the “no more likes today” problem though…

2 Likes

I recently stopped posting too much as i just say stupid things so i observe and only reply if its to keep my regular status or its important to topics. But i think if someone has made a topic they should be able to reply as many times as they can? Because if its a wip and has a demo people will be intrested and ask questions

2 Likes

Aw, I’m sure you don’t. At least nothing more stupid as some of the things many others of us end up saying. (And it’s anyway probably not as stupid as you may think it is).

Absolutely agree, but I don’t think there is an easy way to change this with the trust level system the forum uses (but I’m not sure. I’m not that into coding, webdesign and all that stuff so maybe I’m wrong.)

2 Likes

Well, I believe @Banan should be able to do normal PM/DM.
Besides, it isn’t hard to get yourself to be a regular. I’ve heard somewhere that simply visiting the forum constantly will get you Regular status within 2 months, while I’ve seen some regulars who joined the forum for only a month.

Unless I’m mistaken, ofc. :thinking:

2 Likes

It depends when the mods do the trust updates when i got 30 other people also gained them before that the last people to get then was 60 days i think so they might do monthly updates or just check ups like if you dont do anything for 2+ weeks you lose regular so you have to always get them requriments to keep them

1 Like