The Cruel Palace (New Wip) Very short demo

:skull: :skull: :skull:

Hi, I’m DeadEnd and i am new to writing so this will probably suck but i wanna share it with everyone.

The Cruel Palace

In the midst of the Goryeo Dynasty, honour, power and betrayal decide the fate of a noble family accused of serious crimes. As the child of a civil servant, your life must follow a certain path, full of privileges and responsibilities. But when your family is falsely accused, that road becomes a dangerous, winding road.

Synopsis

Synopsis:

“The Cruel Palace” puts you at the center of a historical drama, where your choices shape the destiny of your noble family. Facing accusations that could ruin your lineage and having to become a concubine, you must navigate a world of politics, power, and palace intrigue during the Goryeo dynasty.

As a noble heir, you must face the weight of your family’s expectations and dangerous policies that threaten your future. Will you overcome the challenge and prove your family’s innocence? Or will you let yourself be drawn in by the dangerous world of the palace?

Key Features:

• Play as a male or female
  • Customize your appearance and personality.
  • Build friendships and make enemies in the complex world of the palace.
  • Gain the Emperor’s affection, romance another concubine, a maidservant or a military official in training.
  • Decide whether to remain loyal to your family and kingdom or betray them for personal gain.
  • Explore the intricacies of court life, where every decision can lead to power, ruin, or something in between.
Romance Option

In Progress

Demo Approximately 5k words… still very short… I know.

Patreon

69 Likes

Interesting concept, can’t wait to see more.

6 Likes

So what time period are we in?

From the use of Korean script in the demo as well as the specified name of “Goryeo Dynasty”, I would assume we will be playing as some form of nobility in a setting inspired by or based on the Korean peninsula in the medieval era, between the 10th and 14th centuries.

About the WIP and the demo:

I really like this kind of setting and premise, so I will definitely be keeping an eye on your story. However currently the demo is really way too short to judge anything.

4 Likes

Interesting. I’m curious what misinformation what used to frame us considering our high status. I’m watching this

2 Likes

Sounds interesting

1 Like

@moderators please help, i need to edit my post

Hi –

Your first post is now a wiki, you should be able to edit it now.

I really like the idea, I hope the author can spice things up and make the storyline unpredictable. Wish all the best for your demo!

I can’t edit the title… why?

So far, the update is good!

There are some moments where our servant says “my lord” rather than “my lady.”

I also think that it would be a good idea to provide English translations the first time you use a certain word, as well as explaining things like what the clothing actually looks like.

And finally, here’s a bug I found:

1 Like

oh, i’ll fix the bug and the error rn

2 Likes

I get the same bug

1 Like

so far so good love these types of stories
but came across this bug

Summary

chap1 line 554: increasing indent not allowed, expected 0 was 54

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.