Tale of Two Cranes—Reach your magical destiny and tangle with your rival in mythic ancient China!

I didnt like how the story didnt make sense in the later chapters. Many choices did not clearly imply which stats theyd check. On the whole this is definitely a game that will require code diving to get the desired outcome. Like for example how even being successful in every scheme didnt actually result in being named heir.

12 Likes

I am excited. I’ve wanted to play since I saw that it won 2nd place. I never knew it would take a few years to play it.

1 Like

More than a few years this was pushed back so long

i love this game and i haven’t stopped playing & replaying (trying out different origins & choices too until i’ve tried them all!) but i’m wondering if there’s a way to get a happy end with chan ming? :pleading_face: i always keep failing for some reason, especially at the last fight

6 Likes

Congratulations for the release. I’m also feeling happy you not make demo wip type development for this game so you can free develop the game according to your vision, sometimes getting too many input from player can confuse game developers

1 Like

Can someone spoil me about which love interest(s) have mandatory unhappy endings? Because I’d really like to avoid those if I can… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i’m pretty sure it’s just chan ming who gets unhappy/bittersweet ending no matter what. not sure if there’s more so feel free to correct, but i think other routes have avoidable unhappy ends.

4 Likes

Can someone please explain how as a militant I get to skilled in weaponry or unarmed? I keep choosing the option to train it but the skill stays at capable and for some reason every single time I do a play through I get an automatic level in horsemanship? Can I make it a different skill?
(Specifically around chapter three for context)

5 Likes

At chapter 3, you won’t make Skilled in anything yet. Keep playing.

3 Likes

I’m aware of that but what’s the point of giving you an option to train a skill if it does nothing and why did it allow me to get skilled in meditation when I played a mystic? Also it gives me skilled in horsemanship too in chapter three when I was playing millitant so I’m still confused.

3 Likes

It doesn’t do nothing, it just doesn’t show the difference yet. A lot of times the actual stat is still hidden.

2 Likes

Ohh so are you saying that the skill itself is based on percentage and once it hits a certain milestone it goes up a rank?

Not a percentage (it’s a flat number) but yes.

There’s still a difference between levels of Capable, though, as you might discover if you use the skill early on.

2 Likes

Ohhh ok thank you for the explanation I was under the impression that every time you trained said skill it would bump you up one rank and it didn’t rely on numbers but if it does really on numbers that explains a lot thank you for the explanation.

Here is the breakdown of the numbers if you want.

*if (trainW_count <3)
  *set W_level "Poor"
*if ((trainW_count >2) and (trainW_count <6))
  *set W_level "Capable"
*if ((trainW_count >5) and (trainW_count <9))
  *set W_level "Skillful"
*if ((trainW_count >8) and (trainW_count <12))
  *set W_level "Remarkable"
*if (trainW_count >11)
  *set W_level "Weapon Master"
4 Likes

Ohhh I see thank you for the clarification this helps a lot I was assuming the level system was similar to the one in pon para due to it using words but now I understand that I’m wrong.

How do you become Emperor? I absolutely crushed it in that part of the game, but no matter what I did the Empress found out and maneuvered to make me chancellor instead. Once I saw that she did that, I made a point of never talking to her or doing anything regarding her at all, and it happened regardless. How am I supposed to keep her from finding out? Also my first attempt, I collected the blackmail information against her, but I never had the chance to use it.

2 Likes

I just started playing, and i love how the text is reactive to my personality.

My mentor and i get along. She is a jokster, and i am serious. But i said that we got along. And the story mentioned how different we were. My character didnt change to fit my change of choices. My MC sill cold, but they got along.

The only thing i dont like is how there is not many opportunities to increase diplomacy, husbandry, law, and economics. But some of the story depends on you doing wel in them.

4 Likes

I’m trying to side with the qun or qin, you know who I’m talking about but I can’t sneak into the camp without being detected any and all help would be greatly appreciated

@Tarlonniel It depends on who you sided with in Chapter 6, what deals may have been made, and who survives the final battle. There are happy endings but they’re harder to achieve.

@aranea Chan Ming is a tragic romance, but he does have at least one ending where the two of you are together, ruling over a chunk of China you stole from the Imperials.

@ClaimedMinotaur I’ve finished a guide on how to become heir to the throne in chapter 5 but I don’t know how to upload it. I wrote it in google docs and I tried to convert it to a few different formats, but nothing is sticking. Any ideas?

@Victoriya Generally focusing on one of those stats will carry you through until Chapter 5 (I think you need 25 or higher to pass most things). Depending on who you side with in Chapter 6 you’ll need one at 50 or higher (pretty sure there’s no stat check higher than 50).

@Nathan_Wolverton We’re working on a guide for this as it is very complex. Hopefully, we’ll have it ready in a day or two.

4 Likes