Steam no longer listing new HGs?

Hi All. I noticed that the last few released HG’s are not showing up for me on the steam HG store. I can find them on a name search (and buy them that way so they’re not region blocked) but if I was a customer who didn’t know they’d been released I wouldn’t know about them by checking out the store?

I thought it was a weird censorship thing from my country on anything M and above (I think there have been some dramas with steam there), but then I noticed the new Hunter game displays perfectly in the COG store despite I would assume an M rating?

Is it just me? (In which case could be a country specific thing) or has something glitched for everyone?

Not all games go to Steam. I’m not sure the details or criteria behind Steam launches but if you aren’t seeing a title it’s probably because it’s not on steam at all

I’m quite aware of that. As I already said I can search them by name and they come up. But they do not display in the store.

That’s… interesting. Yeah, with all my mature-content filters turned off, the newest release shown on Hosted Games’ developer page is SoH6. Found Keeper’s Vigil and Diaspora through the store search like you said. Pretty strange since they do have HG properly listed as developer/publisher. (If it’s useful info, I’m in Canada.)

Hmm ok not country specific then like I first guessed. Must be a wider problem.

Check if the developer/publisher is correct.
It happened before that steam had them “wrong” for whatever reason and made a whole new publisher/dev

Ah, you’re right.

I had clicked on the “Hosted Games” name listed as developer and publisher on both “missing” games, and they all brought me to a search with all the other Hosted Games’ titles so I assumed that meant they were tagged properly, it checked out, all good. After your comment I looked again and realized the other games that do show up properly on the HG page, clicking on the developer/publisher on their pages actually link back to the HG publisher page.

Yes from what I can gather now that it seems not to be a regional block, it looks possibly name of the store typed in, but it has not actually been properly linked to the HG store itself (if Google can be believed.)

This happened on several CoG releases over the years as well, where they don’t get the publisher tagged properly. I usually inform them and they fix it pretty quickly. I have no idea how it happens, but it’s been a consistent problem on both labels.

EDIT: Can confirm: Neither Keeper’s Vigil nor Diaspora are correctly linked to the Hosted Games page. The developer and publisher links only forward to a generic search for Hosted Games, not the publisher page itself. That needs to be fixed on CoG’s side.

Alright definitely sounds like there problem then. They’re not my games. So do the authors tell them? Or just anyone if they don’t see the forum post?

They should report it to whoever their CoG contact is. I’m not sure if tagging staff is still allowed on the forum, but if it is, getting their attention that way works too.

Problem games were (as far as I can tell, might be worth checking if you have a steam game) Velocity and Diaspora

Can anyone ping the authors for me if they know their forum names please?

@Fusion_Ultimatum @Jaybirdy

Thanks, everyone! I’ve let HG know, so hopefully there will be a fix in the works soon enough.

Much appreciated for bringing it up, @Jacic. I wouldn’t have even known to check that.

Thanks for the heads up, but Velocity wasn’t granted a steam release on account of the content being too mature I guess.

@Fusion_Ultimatum I’m so sorry. I was running around earlier when the solution came through and for some reason thought it was your game. I should have waited and double checked.

The other game was Keeper’s vigil which I believe is @Lotanna8900?