Stats Page Bug

Hi all,

I’m having a bug where in one of the chapters in my story, looking at the stats page brings you all the way back to the start of the chapter rather than back to the scene you were on.

I’m not sure what code could be affecting this so I’m hoping some of you might have experience with it and be able to help.

Thanks!

1 Like

Can the bug happen at any point in the chapter, or only during a specific choice/scene of that chapter? If so, it would help if we can take a look at the relevant code.

Which chapter is it? If you’re talking about your story The People’s House, I can go through the code right now.

1 Like

I was told by one of my beta testers it was Chapter 2.

1 Like

I went through the chapter several times and I couldn’t replicate the bug. I didn’t see anything in the code that could even cause it. It would be much more helpful if they knew where in the scene they were when this happened.

1 Like

How strange.

Well, I appreciate you doing your best to look into it. I’ll do my best to replicate it on my own later on to see if I find anything.

1 Like

Normally this happens when a game is updated in a manner that isn’t compatible with the choices made so far. Has this tester tried restarting?

2 Likes

There is one thing that I forgot about. *sm_init mygame | 3 should look like this, *sm_init thepeopleshouse | 3 or something similar. Other games with the save name mygame would overlap the saves which could cause something like this to happen. Both explanations are possible.

2 Likes

excuse me. It happened during a cabinet meeting, so it may be a problem that only happens in private tests.

1 Like

I’ve tried re-uploading everything so I guess we’ll see.

Tried fixing this too, thanks for the suggestion, that might have been it.

1 Like