State of the Company: 2018

We read our email and reply to it every day, usually within hours of receipt. I’d have to ask @abbytrevor but the only email(s) from you are from June of 2016 when we considered you to write for us.

Editorial emails are often responded to in batches, due to the high volume of submissions. If it’s been more than two weeks and you haven’t heard from us, your email probably did not reach us.

1 Like

@jasonstevanhill i think you did waste a lot of money for a single translation, 10000 is too much for 1 short game, i dont know who translated it but im sure it whould have been more easy to just hire a spanish / english translator to work for your company than hire a individual service. :open_mouth:

OK. I’ve sent it twice to two different emails I have for your company. Could someone check the bulk/spam folder or give me a different email to send it to?
Jeff Rivera | Writer | Producer | email: Jeff@JeffRivera.com

Follow us: | |

Mary_Duffy COG Staff
January 23 |

We read our email and reply to it every day, usually within hours of receipt. I’d have to ask @abbytrevor but the only email(s) from you are from June of 2016 when we considered you to write for us.

Editorial emails are often responded to in batches, due to the high volume of submissions. If it’s been more than two weeks and you haven’t heard from us, your email probably did not reach us.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

mrjeffrivera
January 23 |

Congrats on your success! Now, will you check and answer your submission email please? Also, regarding the Spanish market, there are hundreds of millions of rabid Spanish-Speaking readers, but few actual buyers. You might have better success with physical print versions of the game in Spanish and s…
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

As has been discussed to exhaustion in the translation thread, you’re wrong. And no, hiring an employee is not the solution.

If you want to talk about translation issues, I suggest taking the conversation to that thread.

8 Likes

We don’t have an email from you. You can email mary AT choiceofgames DOT com.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Publishing and Language

Hear hear! :wink:

It’ll be an awesome year, I’m sure of it.

3 Likes

Good luck with all your ideas!

Im very excited to see where bogh COG and HOG go moving forward, and the romance line sounds amazing.:heart_eyes:
A few story driven apps I used had multiple titles and eventually made the decision to create an omnibus app with all the titles therein, and in the beginning I was very grumpy, clinging to the old apps for a while. However after a while the convenience of having everything in one place sold me and I love it now. I like the idea of COG going in the same direction.:grinning:

Congratulations on all the milestones last year and good luck to all ventures this year.:ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

So it seems steam has collected all the choice games together and with dlc for each it rounds up to $384.21
$326.42 if you buy the bundle
This is only the choice games
Ive bought 90% of these games
My wallet hates me

1 Like

My wallet hates me a little less. I was buying in the chromestore and cog website before they were on steam. Cost a bit less :smiley:

1 Like

Glad to hear it. I’m making a big push to finish off a 200,000 word project for Hosted Games. Won’t make the deadline for the contest though.

Currently working on a simple recursive algorithm to give some state tracking variables funky relationships with each other. I call it love triangle math.

Spanish games. I am moving to Spain this year and in contact with Spanish game devs. I’ll mention it to one next time I’m drinking with one.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Choice of Dragon was the first COG game I played, and it inspired me to read more and eventually create a game. Glad to see it is getting a Spanish translation.

4 Likes

That was the second one I played, broadsides was my first it was introduced to me by a friend from Germany. Ever since then I’ve been a apt follower of it buying almost every game. Good luck on your game and any more that you feel trying to claw your way out of that vash the stampede mouth of yours
Love and peace! :crossed_fingers:

I think you misunderstood. They already translated the Choice of Dragon and it was released last year. Unfortunately, they haven’t made a break even from their initial investment as of the time of the post so current plans for translating other CoGs are currently hold. :frowning:

I don’t know how likely that is; not a lot of companies put their full financials out for all to see.

They have made some references to a list that shows the highest-grossing titles though, and if they ever felt comfortable releasing it, it would be really helpful for determining what the CoG and HG public favors the most. It’s hard to tell just by poll results here, because simply by posting in an IF forum you kinda prove you’re more hardcore than the average consumer.

I’m curious. I don’t see the advantage of any company doing that. :thinking: Why would you want that information? I’m not sure it’s really any of our business as customers, and I believe those numbers are kept confidential in companies for many (extremely valid) reasons.

What would be more interesting would be, if possible, a top and bottom 10 for which games sold best/worst

5 Likes

I’d be interested in knowing the top 10 best. That would be cool.

1 Like

Top ten best all-time? Honestly, I bet you can guess.

Robots
HR: Prodigy
HR: Hero Project
HR: HeroFall
Dragon
Vampire
Psy High
MetaHuman
Deathless
Champion

29 Likes