Somme Trench Questions

I know its probably way to late to suggest this but what about a tunneler route tunnnelers had the most dangerous part of ww1 there job was to tunnel from the trench to a set location so that people didn’t have to cross no mans land if was so dangerous due to caveins explosive misshaps etc. But even more so because the germans aslo had tunnelers sometimes they would tunnle into each others tunnles and have subterranean fights othertimes they wouldnt break through but where so close together they could hear each other through the dirt a real man by the name of Tommy Shelby who was at the somme was a tunnler (he was also at verdun) anyway like I said its probably way to late to recommend anything for this game but mabey if you do another war game its something to consider

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to become a noncombatant clerk

Yeah I didn’t know you can be a clerk or a stretcher bearer…can anyone tell me how to get that role?

1 Like

For the stretcher bearer you “stand pat” when they ask for anyone who wants to become a gunner or marksman to step forward. After that your buddies go to the Red Light, do not go. A Lance Corporal will approach you. Tell him “they’re probably carrying out orders, sir” when he asks where they’re going and then he’ll suggest you become a Stretcher Bearer and from there you just accept.

1 Like

delete
@TheCommander
It took some time, but I found a way to get 11 honors. But it’s extremely specific.

When you first meet Perkins, select for your motivation to join as “to kill the enemy”.
Then, “How often do you have to fight?”
“As fun as anything, I guess.”
“I’d rather not answer that, if you don’t mind.”
“How do I avoid having to fight?”
“Where’s the best place to sleep?”
“I figured a trench veteran might know a few tricks”

You should have 60/55/75 as your stats along with the Bowie knife.

When you get to the machinegunner/runner choice, go for machinegunner and after your test firing, select “I like it” to get your attack level to 65, the minimum for two honours in your first battle. You’ll also get another honour for being a machinegunner.

After that, just make sure you listen to the poem on U-Day by not sleeping or going with Brown and select “I found the poem technically good but the message hopelessly naive”.

At the first battle, select to start shooting at the enemy, you should be at 3 honours now. Later, beat up Cook when he talks bad about your old company, you should be able to floor him so there’s no “pull out the knife” option cause that’ll lose you honors.

At the second battle, you might be artilleryed, but if you aren’t you’ll either have to rush a machinegun nest or attack a holdout rifle post. If it’s the machinegun nest, choose to keep running. If the rifle post, choose to stay put and shoot, because sneaking around doesn’t always work at 60 intelligence. You should be at 4 honours now.

Go through the ghost section (your choices aren’t important here) then when you get to the plane recruitment, decline to join the Royal Air Corps, and choose to fire your rifle during the subsequent plane attack instead of your machine gun. This’ll give you another honour. Then when you talk with Perkins, say you have your knife, and you’ll gain 5 Fight and 5 Intelligence from the conversation.

After that, when you’re selected for marksman duty, select “I have no idea” and “Harris spots for me while Blue watches our flank” for an Intelligence boost and Fighting boost. Give Harris the credit when the major asks after Harris dies and there’ll be no honor loss, keeping you at 5 Honours. You’ll be promoted to corporal for this in the next part.

When you’re out scouting, just don’t get killed- you can actually save the smoking soldier everytime with the stats you have.

When you have the chance to loot, get the brandy bottle from the top of the bunker and the compass at the bottom- you’ll need them both later. Tell the sergeant you found nothing.

After entering the crater (and hopefully not getting blown up there) run away and hide from the German in the tank. He might find you anyways, no matter your stats. On the chance that he doesn’t, keep heading back to the line for both your 6th and 7th honour. Say whatever with Perkins, it doesn’t change your honour here. Congrats, you’re now a Sergeant!

In the final October battle, try sniping the enemy for another honour, then when you’re selected to agitate the positions choose the second spot and shoot the officer. You may not make it here, but it’s the only way to confirm the honour because you might miss the sniper and any other position isn’t good enough to hit anything but the private, who doesn’t give an honour. After earning an honour from that, go and volunteer to find the lieutenant colonel for honor number 10. Search around for the brandy bottle here if you can find it before you find him, and you’ll get your 11th honour.

You have to have a Thinker stat of at least 60. It’ll help if you have a low fighting score to be a clerk (under 45 should do), otherwise they’ll keep you as infantry. For the stretcher bearer route, you have to turn down the Red Light and not tell the truth to the lance corporal. For the clerk, you can go to the Red Light, but only if your Doer stat is 50 or higher, otherwise you’ll likely catch an STD there and miss out due to medical treatment.