Sky Pirates of Actorius–Infiltrate a pirate airship crew!

We’re proud to announce that Sky Pirates of Actorius, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, the web, and on Android and iOS in the Choice of Games Omnibus app.

Please note this is a special, omnibus-only release for mobile.

It’s free to win, and $4.99 to turn off advertisements and delay breaks, discounted to $2.99 until January 30th!

Infiltrate a pirate airship and foil the captain’s plans! Can you survive the greedy crew and ruthless officers and disrupt their schemes in time? You’ll hunt merchant vessels, and seek lost treasure while undercover as a sky pirate!

Escape to the skies above the world of Empyrean and command a brutal crew of pirates in search of plunder, glory, and high-tech booty!

Sky Pirates of Actorius is a 37,000-word interactive adventure story by @Moochava, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

No one on land, sea, or air can stop Captain Krayl as he plunders the great city of Actorius—no one except you. Trained by the Actorian Air Guard, with a clockwork animal companion that not even your commanding officer knows about, you must infiltrate the crew of the pirate airship Falling Angel. Your orders: learn Captain Krayl’s true plans and stop him at any cost.

But far from your commanding officer and surrounded by treasure and opportunity, you will have to decide where your true loyalties lie. If you can deflect Captain Krayl’s suspicions, please your handlers back home, and keep the crew from turning against you, glory awaits you: promotion back in Actorius, fame and riches as a sky pirate, or even the Falling Angel itself. But step carefully: everyone wants something, and everyone here will kill to get it.

• Play as male, female, or nonbinary.
• Fly aeros in deadly dogfights against merchant vessels and enemy pirates.
• Stay loyal to the Actorian Air Guard or betray them for glory, treasure, or friendship.
• Outwit spies and rival agents in shady ports of call.
• Command your clockwork animal companion to help you fight, fly, and spy.
• Use cunning and misdirection to balance the conflicting demands of captain, crew, and your secret mission.
• Hunt for buried treasure in the metal jungles of the Deep Tech.

We hope you enjoy playing Sky Pirates of Actorius. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

14 Likes

Remember kids, it’s ONLY IN THE OMNIBUS ON MOBILE.

5 Likes

It’s 37k only and full price is $5!!! I am not sure what to think…

4 Likes

Same as Choice of the Dragon. Longer, in fact.

3 Likes

Isn’t choice of dragon few years older. It’s the beginning of new age… now it’s not appealing anymore to the most when we can get much longer games at the same price…just saying.

4 Likes

It’s a free game. The game has ads and delay breaks. If you don’t like ads and delay breaks, and you have $2.99 (release week discount) or you want to support the writer, and the company, pay for it. If you don’t care about ads, don’t care to support the author or company, play it for free.

The game cost us money to make. We have to charge money for our content. The discussion about our pricing strategy here is now closed.

23 Likes

I think you wanted to say “free to play” cause otherwise it’s a very strange phrase

5 Likes

“Free to win” is our internal terminology, at least, for games which you can play, for free, all the way to the ending, i.e. “the win.” But you’re right. That’s confusing for outsiders. Unfortunately it already went out in our mailer, so I can’t shut the barn doors now.

2 Likes

I would say free to win is a legitimate phrase in its own right, designating a game as being able not only to be played for free but completed entirely for free as well. It’s a bit insider but not egregiously so.

8 Likes

Thank you, will try this on my day off from work! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Please keep posts in this thread focused on: Sky Pirates of Actorius

Discussion on pricing and marketing do not belong here.

5 Likes

I think the journal entry type format is pretty cool.

What is the minimum you need for juggling the relationships? I got the mediator achievement despite two parties being relatively dissatisfied with me. I must have done the bare minimum for it.

Congratulations to @Moochava on the release and I have to say that this game has made me curious about contemporary shipboard rations, especially Big Dorbo’s Wafer Squares and Little Snuggy’s Wafer Balls (Why does everyone hate Lime flavour? It sounds tasty and properly anti-scurvy).

2 Likes

You earn the Mediator achievement if neither the crew nor the captain try to outright kill you. They can be mad, suspicious, or unimpressed as long as they’re not murderous.

And…oh no…no one ask me about setting details because I’ll keep talking and talking! But the way I imagine it, the Empyrean world has canned food, air and rail transport, and basic refrigeration, so scurvy isn’t an issue like it was about a 17th century pirate ship. Everything else can kill you aboard the Falling Angel but probably not vitamin deficiency.

4 Likes

Hi just wanted to say that I can’t find this on the Google play store and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue

If you’re on Android, it’s just available on the Android Omnibus app :slight_smile:

I’m getting a game breaking bug when I had a look at this today. Sent a report in.
Just curious, why was this one only released in the combined app on Android If I can ask? (It’s fine, it’s just I don’t normally use the omnibus myself as I only keep games I’m reading installed on my phone which I can’t do with the omnibus.)

Is there a romance ig ?

Will check this one out…congrats to the author! Kudos!

2 Likes

Does this take place before the events of Empyrean or after?