School Of Musika (66k Word Demo}

hello all, i finally went and did it, created my first COG/HOG game, this took me days to write as i had endless amount of trouble with coding, and I needed a lot of assistance from AI, BUT not for generating my story for me, just for guidance on how to place code here and there, i had trouble with finding tutorials online and it was just…depressing, but every text you will see here was 100% written by me, (you can tell by the bad grammar…yeah i am not a native English speaker, so do expect some errors here and there), i am only saying this due to some rather ‘recent’ issues that involved the use of AI by another author, as i said it before, using ai for educational purposes is fine, but to let it do your own work for you is not…this is a passionate work of mine and i wanted to create everything by myself, which i did, just with some coding advice since i did not know where else to go to help for.

aside from that, here is my game, School Of Musika, more details below and also i added a new main character/Ro due to a ‘request’, just one because i couldn’t think of anything else

Summary

School Of Musika, a place where things like music, art, dancing and acting are valued more than anything, as someone who’s interested in those subjects, you’ve always wished that you could enroll into Musika one day, having had heard so many great things about it in your growing life, and that day came, when you were suddenly accepted into the school, you were then thrown into the school that you always dreamed of going to, but…it all turned out to be different than what you expected, lovely atmosphere yet the place feels decaying, strange colored skies and structures, odd rumors going on here and there, the school’s supposed shaky reputation and the teachers and the principal, whom you find a little odd, but nothing odder than the school’s forest, of which brings you uncomfortable feelings…is there something going on here, or is the nervousness of being away from your home is getting to your head…and what’s this stuff about ‘things’ going missing?

Possible Features To Be Added

Create your own character with a variety of customization options

-Attend a range of classes, like learning how to do art, or taking a step towards your acting skills, training your body by taking dancing classes and yoga, and the main theme of the school…learning music!

-Constantly practice to improve your skills and grades, or just slack off and deal with the consequences

-Participate in school plays and ensure a great performance, which would ensure a good image for your school

-Discover the odd mystery behind the school, or just ignore it and keep focusing on your schoolwork

-Protect the school’s reputation and figure out who’s trying to ruin it by constantly sabotaging the events and school equipment…or maybe advocate the chaos and let the school’s reputation go to waste?

-Save your fellow classmates from the forest monsters that attack at the dark hour by using your singing power, guitar riffs, or even hitting the triangle very loudly

-help your classmates’ with their personal issues, or let them deal with it themselves

-Write songs to show off your skill!

-Form a school band and manage how it goes from there, do you wish to be the vocalist, the drummer, the guitarist, will you let your members write songs, or will you just demand to be the only person in charge of the band?

-Be a hero by saving the school, or work alongside the evil force to bring the school down to ashes

Characters

The Main Classmates So Far:

-Iris Lagrossi, the star student of the school and daughter of the principal, she tends to be professional and focuses on maintaining good grades, acting as a ‘prefect’ and making sure nobody is causing trouble, and doing her best to keep a perfect reputation for her father’s school, she likes to play on the piano the most, her father disapproves of it which makes her sad as she constantly tries to make him proud, she’s a little authoritarian but tends to get ignored by the rest of the students

-Juliette Delacroix, a very shy and introverted girl who’s a little chubby, she doesn’t talk with the others that much and has a tendency to eat sweets a lot, she plays with the flute, although she has a preference for art classes as she’s sometimes seen sketching around the campus by herself, Juliette feels comfortable with her lonesome but is very self-conscious about her weight and her lackluster skills in playing with her flute, she slacks behind in her dance and yoga classes and is often ridiculed by her classmates, she’s a very sensitive person, although she constantly tries to improve herself

-Calypso, an odd girl who’s often described as cynical, mean and careless by the other students, but in the other times, she’s as sweet as sugar, it’s like she has a personality switch, not much is known about her past other than the fact that the principal knows her well, the students tend to avoid her all the time, and Calypso avoids them too, as she would rather dance in privacy, or play with the piano at other times, she targets Juliette at times, but targets Iris all the time, for some reason.

-Soo-jin Freud, just the school’s clown, a jokester and a prankster who is genuinely nice, but often gets into trouble due to his antics, he has a tendency to use his hands as drumsticks and make a lot of noises, but that just shows his love for playing the drums, Soo-jin likes to just goof around, but is also a bit easily to be shut down if someone ever yells at him, he can be soft at times, and very angry at other times, nobody really understands how he got that permanent black-eye on his left eye…don’t ask him about it

School Staff:

-Luka Lagrossi, the principal of the school and its founder, a former musician who loved music so much that he invested into creating Musika, to show the others the beauty of music and such, he’s a fun person, but often tired for some reason, he likes to teach music classes himself at times and is very cautious about his school as he wants to make sure that everything is going well, and that his students are doing well, and only well…

-Ramon Lastimosa, the acting teacher and the organizer of most school plays, he’s a little strange yet intriguing, sometimes the students don’t know when to tell whether he’s acting or not, Ramon tends to joke a lot and be dramatic, but he can also be very demanding when it comes to expecting the best from his students, he’s carefree but a little off…

-Lydia Tremblay, she’s the science teacher, she’s shaky and anxious most of the time, absolutely hates touching people and germs, she has a terrible attendance record when it comes to her own lectures and is very strict about not letting students in the science class unless she’s around, her coffee is the only thing that keeps her going

-Katherine O’Sullivan, the dance instructor, and the yoga instructor, she’s a very energetic person who loves teaching her students how to stay fit and be productive, when she’s not teaching her classes, she likes to take the students out into the school forest and make them participate in fun activities, jogging first thing in the morning is her favorite thing to do!

Delphine, the cook, she acts as an auntie to the students, has no tolerance for foolishness and would definitely smack someone in the head for fowl language, she has a soft spot for Juliette

Romance Options

to be honest, i like writing romance in my spare time, and i am a very huge fan of the romance in both of the ‘Keeper Of The Sun’ games, so you can expect some heartwarming romance chemistry in the game, which would possibly include the POVs of the non-playble characters, the romance options will be of your fellow classmates, including Iris, Juliette, Calypso AND Soo-jin!

Content Warings

-Possible Depictions Of Death And Gore

-Mature Language

-Body Dysmorphia(?)

-Underage Characters

-Mentions of Child Abuse

now keep in mind, this is only the demo, and i haven’t got that far into implenting some of the promised features yet, such as writing songs and forming a band, but i hope to do it once i go back to writing this game again, and some other things to keep in mind, my grammar is awful at times, there migh be code problems that could break the game, which honestly i don’t know of, i have tested the game 55 times now and made sure that i fixed all errors by hand, but if there is anything off then please let me know.

also there is a few copypastes in the game, from my own fanfic based on this game, just altered to fit into the game of course.

here is the game’s link and i hope everyone enjoys! https://dashingdon.com/play/ogplush/school-of-musika/mygame/

(do let me know if there is any issue with this topic, i am still new to the website)

37 Likes

Interesting, I’ll keep an eye on it.

I think you messed up your post’s formatting a bit.

2 Likes

yeah, i tried to copy what i wrote before, but it got messed…currently trying to fix it, and thanks for your interest!

1 Like

I like the demo so much :heart:.

2 Likes

thank you, i wish to improve this game whenever I get the chance to continue it again :DDD

3 Likes

I found an error in the forest talking to Iris

1 Like

and here i thought I got everything figured out…thankfully you got nothing to worry about, since the game ends after those specific choices, thank you for letting me know about it!

1 Like

I think you need to take another look at your draft. At first it states that you’re going to the school for the next millennia, and then it says for the next month? Both seem extremely unlikely, although if it’s just a trial acceptance, a month could be er…less unlikely.

1 Like

it was meant more of a exaggerated figure of speech, but i can get the confusion, in all honesty I’ve not figured out the best way to exactly start the game…it’s still in rough state so some things could change in the future

2 Likes

Maybe you could try to make it clear that it is exagerrated (or not meant to be taken literally, in any event).

1 Like

definitely, i actually had a whole time schedule thing written down for the classes themselves, keeping track of time is always important to me whenever I’m writing a story or so, i guess i just forgot to refine some parts of the story because I was so busy being mad at the code errors i kept getting, lol, but yeah, there will be some changes in the whole prologue

1 Like

Well, English isn’t your native language so I can forgive the grammar, but you may want to get someone to help proofread for you. There’s a fair bit of missing capitalization and some sentences feel odd to read or just have spelling errors such as silver being sliver in the eye/hair color choices.

Stat gains also feel… strange. I can’t tell what’s raising or dropping something sometimes, it seems like not butting your nose into everyone’s business drops your confidence, and I somehow lost 5% fitness near the start? I guess because I tried using the elevator? It seems like some choices are just traps that drain a stat for being picked, when they could just push a flavor bar like “Rule Breaker/Rule Follower or Rude/Kind”

That being said, it’s not bad. The artist choice seems like it might be neglected when everything feels music focused at the moment but it’s too early to tell. Might also want to look into getting save states set up, it helps when people are playing and testing multiple options without needing to replay the whole thing.
Good luck with your story, I’ll check in for updates.

1 Like

yeah since this is just a rough state of the game, i was kinda hesitant on using the stats, because as you know I did not know what I was doing, so in a way, stats aren’t that important to the demo for now, but once i actually start updating it, I will make some changes. including the misspells and such.

and also, I’d add in a indicator that maybe shows players what they gain or what lost, but i don’t know, it would seem rather off? but you guys just tell me your suggestions for improvement and I’ll see what I can do

I don’t want to pick too much on writing, but I recommend that you capitalize the first letter of all sentences as a starting todo item. Readability is still an important thing.

5 Likes

You like this, For each one?

i don’t know, it just seems off to me, i mean, Like if if I do it this way, instead of

Hey, Yeah Cool, then yeah that’s just a little bit annoying to me personally, truth be told, i don’t know much about capitalization, but i would like to learn on that more if i ever get the chance

1 Like

hello friends, and welcome to my first COG game ever, it has been a dream of mine to make one for a while, and now i can do it, i am no expert in game developing, so expect this to be wonky....but anyways, this is a game inspired by a rare animated show of which follows a group of five friends who share a love for music, in this game you'll end up joining into your 'dream' school, where you'll try becoming someone special whether it's about art, acting, dancing, or music, you hope to succeed...but it all turns out to be much different than you thought.

I would rewrite this to (just based on the capitalization and some punctuation)

Hello friends, and welcome to my first COG game ever. It has been a dream of mine to make one for a while, and now I can do it. I am no expert in game developing, so expect this to be wonky....but anyways, this is a game inspired by a rare animated show of which follows a group of five friends who share a love for music. In this game, you'll end up joining into your 'dream' school, where you'll try becoming someone special. Whether it's about art, acting, dancing, or music, you hope to succeed...but it all turns out to be much different than you thought.

1 Like

this whole section might be removed if the full game ever comes out, since it’s not really needed by then, but i do appreciate the insight, I’d gladly do anything to improve my writing!

5 Likes

There is multiple instance of typo and maybe wrong word like “after what felt like entirety” Probably mean eternity.

There is also capitalization mistake like after (.) It follow with non capital letter.

Save feature could help testing multiple choice without redo the whole game.