School of Magic (WIP)

@candyblender part of my reasoning for no having African magic is that it would add a lot more work to the story. I might add the dregree later but if not I will create a canonical reason for it.

@cadro that is the end of the demo so far. It will be fixed when I continue the story.

@thecoirier stat balance is a WIP. Regardless all the heritages will have the opportunity to excel.

I really like this so far! I love the different majors you came up with. I donā€™t entirely care for how the stats work, thoughā€“I prefer when the stats are based on your talents and what you spend your time improving on instead of what species you are. It really annoys me whenever any work of fictionā€“book, TV show, or video gameā€“acts like everyone of a particular species/race/whatever is exactly the same. Within a single species, you can find both jocks and nerds, right? Maybe in addition to the species-based stat boosts, you can choose additional stat boosts based on your preferences. That would be better.

As for the visual part of character creation, can we have an option to skip it? I like picking out my appearance, but sometimes Iā€™m in a hurry, and I know some people donā€™t care for choosing their hair style and stuff. Also, why do we have the option to type in a hair color, but not an outfit description? And why is eye color listed on the stats page but never addressed?

Iā€™m intrigued by the ā€œspecial privilegesā€ that the winner of the competition gets. What exactly does that entail?

Your writing is very eloquent; I love it. I did find a few typos, though. I donā€™t want to nag about them too much, but nobody else has brought them up so far, so Iā€™ll go ahead and list them here.

You thrash and turn in your sleep as the dark dream take hold.
Correction: dark dream takes hold (verb does not match noun)

Furthermore, the MSM operated undera powerful ward structure that prevented Mundanes from viewing the magical websites.
Correction: the MSM operated under a power ward (ā€œunderā€ and ā€œaā€ got stuck together)

Upon completion of your Bachelorļæ½s of Magic degree, Grimoire also offers post-graduate studies for those wishing to specialize in degrees like Blood Magic or Mind Healing.
Correction: thereā€™s a mysterious (possibly magical???) symbol in Bachelorā€™s where the apostrophe should be

Some say the warrior of the Orient never truly lost their magic, they just internalized it.
Correction: some say the warriors of the Orient (plural warrirors)

I am also unable to swim due to water acting as Acid to Vampire skin.
Correction: water acting as acid to Vampire skin (you unnecessarily capitalized ā€œacidā€)

Clicking through the educational website you made your way to the admissions page.
Correction: you make your way (the rest of the paragraph is in present tense, but made is in past tense)

You briefly consider checking your ScryerBook or that funny site ICANHASCANTRIPS as they are both tabbed open, but shake your head and focused on the task at hand.
Correction: shake your head and focus on the task (shake is in the present tense, focused is in the past tense)

Anyways, love the game! Canā€™t wait to see more! :smiley:

Hi there! Just read the game and want to say that Iā€™m kinda digging the idea of a magic school! I imagine this as Harry Potter, only Iā€™m H.P and Iā€™m not really H.P! So, yea. Keep up the good work!

@Mirabella Thanks so much for the proof read! Also taking into consideration your opinion on stats I agree. Iā€™m working with it and adding more customization hopefully.

@candyblender I relented and added African Magic. That said, it will now be that each major has two unique classes and you can now take both of your minorā€™s classes.

@natethegreat I do take some of my thought process from HP, but also from other stories such as Percy Jackson, Dracula, and other common mythologies. THat said, the content matter of this story will not be as light as Harry Potter. By that I mean there will not be any deus ex machina plotlines or power of love conquers all. As the story develops you do have a power no one else has, but itā€™s not really a combat oriented ability. Your survival will depend upon your growth.

I like where itā€™s going so far.

great so far.

Being Draconic somehow makes me think of the Dragon Slayers in Fairy Tail.

No problem :slight_smile: Anytime!

Oh, I found something else. After you choose your major and it asks for your minor, the choices still say ā€œI want to major inā€¦ā€

Will the African Magic classes be primarily about voodoo, or will there be more in there? And do you have any idea when the next update will be, or how much will be in it?

Canā€™t wait to see more! :smiley:

@Thespianbrony lol I thought that to itā€™s why I picked being one

@Jlafavor21 your game seems pretty cool so far cant wait to see that you do with it :smiley:

Really cool! I canā€™t wait for my little Ice Dragon descendant to start her adventure! I just have this image in my head of some human friends trying to visit her in her dorm, wearing full-on ice-climber gear and seeing her sleeping peacefully in an igloo in light clothing. >.<

Looks great so far, canā€™t wait to see what you have in store for my ninja to be! :slight_smile:

Just an update for everyone on what the goals are. At the moment Iā€™ve been working with the character creation mostly with a huge focus on stat balance. I want the foundation ready before moving on. Should take me another day or two then the character creation will be finalized.

After that, I think I am going to focus on writing the Draconic story first.

@Mirabella Iā€™m thinking for African Magic focusing upon the Voodoo, but also mixing it with magical contracts between otherworldly powers and such.

The worst part of this demo is when it endsā€¦ I like it so much!

Son of Hades oh yeah!

This is surprisingly good.

This is great Iā€™m a just hang out drink some cold blood and chill be a like a vamp do ! B-)

good game

Love it keep it up and how will we get to the school? Transportation maybe even flying because of people who chose draconic and will there be swimming as a sport/club and canā€™t want for the next update!

I canā€™t wait for my targaryen draconic to hit on a daughter of Zeus