Samuel_H_Young: A general update

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Samuel Young on Patreon?

@rinari
Why would you move my thread? There are so many random topics clogging up the forum and you’re worried about this one? I mean, a defunct update from 3 years ago that has literally been relegated to a memes topic has nothing to do with me announcing a potential Patreon.

I took a cursory glance at your profile and saw several excessive topics that could be combined if you really wanted to focus on brutally cutting down on forum clutter. :female_detective:

4 Likes

Doesn’t the update about your job, and the asking if people would support a patreon fit the ‘A general update’ title of this thread? This honestly seems like the perfect place for that post, and the people who would answer ‘yes’ to the patreon support I’d imagine are already following this thread or your WiP threads, which is where most authors make their ‘current situation’ updates when they feel the need to.

13 Likes

If this is truly defunct, would you like me to close it altogether? Sincere question, since we are trying to keep the forums tidy. People generally post about their Patreons in their own WIP threads, but since you have multiple, I figured it would be better in your “author’s general update” thread.

9 Likes

I can see other people not Samuel typing replies. Can I suggest rather that everyone weighing in with their own opinions on this, if either side feels like there is still a problem, to contact the moderators for a final decision on the matter.

4 Likes

My post was flagged. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: Yeah, go ahead and shut down the thread. It’s certainly not going to be useful in talking about a Patreon, so what’s the point?

2 Likes

Samuel can I suggest you consider changing the title to include new patreon info on post (whatever the number was) to let people interested know this is where the thread has gone. I’ve seen other authors introduce their patreon that way.

5 Likes

I’ve only ever made a few thousand dollars in a month once, and that was only after The Magician’s Burden came out. And I’m still alive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Though I certainly get your point. Thanks.

No but seriously, we have more people interested in talking about why my post was flagged and why my topic was moved than anything to do with my potential Patreon. Just shut the thread down.

@MeltingPenguins
I also don’t need anyone editing my titles for me. I’m fully capable of doing that myself.

2 Likes

Sam, if you think this thread is best left locked, I will leave it locked and if you want it open, I will open it. I agree with you that it’s mostly a place where memes get posted but it does have age on its side. Your call.

There are aftershocks from the unpleasantness of last month, and that’s to be expected, but let’s all push through that.

BTW, It’s usually good practice not to edit titles and posts of seasoned forumites. Best thing to do there is PM them and suggest an edit.

Edit: I moved the Patreon stuff back to its original thread and unlocked it.