Salt City Private Eye

Thanks Larry! Yeah, I’ll have to fix that. Sorry he had to be a loser though :frowning: Next time I write about a Larry I’ll make him more fun!

Chris

1 Like

Hi Natman,

You’re right, there’s no mention of magic in the story until the investigation begins (aside from the Arcane stat bar), but it will develop progressively from there.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, as pointed out above, I should probably have included a drugs and alcohol warning.

Thanks for reading!

i can’t ignore doctor’s orders, maybe this has something to do with me being health provider…

that’s an understatement :joy: i may or may not accepted payment just to deliberately bring them down

2 Likes

Humm… I do not understand why we we are forbidden to make profit and why should we try so hard to spend so much.

2 Likes

Oh, this is glorious. Perfect voice, and the comedy is very fitting.
I’m looking forward to more!

1 Like

This was brilliant. The tone, the comedy, the writing and pacing it sucked me in from the very first page. What a great start.

Loved our main character even tho they have sort of a defined personality, there were still enough options to choose from to make them feel our own. I don’t have a problem with the drinking and smoking but I’m glad we have the option to stay away from it - I’m absolutely determined to make my MC healthy :slight_smile:

Also, Ludlow is hilarious! I love his deadpan responses to my MC sarcasm and we repetitively getting his name wrong had me smirking like an idiot. I like that he’s shaping up to be our character’s right-hand man he’s a delight.

Really intrigued by the arcane counter on the stat page. It’s weird but a good kind of weird to have it in what I immediately assumed was a sci-fi game. I’m really curious as to how you will be merging those two worlds together. Also, what in the world was that demon man :eyes: what!?

Looking forward to more! Can’t wait to start our first case.

2 Likes

Interesting and fun to read.
Fresh change of pace from the dozens of magic high schools, medieval fantasy and all that jazz.
While the range of reactions you can choose from is pretty limited, they’re entertaining to read through and leave an impression.
Looking forward to seeing this develop.:boar:

1 Like

tax evasion, money laundry etc…

the mc’s dad went full mafia

2 Likes

I plan to make the detective agency a 7 star hotel with a lot of servants ehm employees and will take no fees for any case, have lots of cars, latest gadgets and have all sorts of magical items.

Living in style.

5 Likes

Honestly, that’s the first thing I thought. Now’s our chance to live like millionaires! And better yet, away from our crazy family.

2 Likes

Aaaahh! Another one to keep on my watchlist and another I hope doesnt get abandoned!

I will admit I was getting a Constantine vibe with my playthrough but eventually I kinda strayed away from it, good game though!

2 Likes

Hi there, you are free to take cases and make as much money as you want, it’s just that taking that route will cause problems for others. As always with these things, you can choose.

Thank you for reading it. I’ll have more up soon.

The family didn’t say you can’t keep any of the money… They just say do not write any income down…I am going to find a bigger safety deposit box…

10 Likes

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, I realise a lot of people prefer the blank slate approach but that doesn’t fully appeal to me. Some people won’t like my MC’s past and that’s fine. There are plenty of other games to play.

There are a few people saying they will do their best to keep the MC healthy, which is great. The life of the drunk, chain-smoking private eye who lives on hot dogs and left-over pizza always struck me as being incredibly unhealthy. There will be benefits to staying strong within the game.

I like Ludlow too. In fact he has grown on me as I’ve written the story.

2 Likes

This is my first try so I’m still experimenting with multiple paths, but rest assured, the story will open out as you progress, hopefully into several paths that can be explored either separately or simultaneously. :grinning:

2 Likes

There will be plenty of options for spending your money, including cars :grinning: And the agency itself.

2 Likes

Sure, I’ve included the option for players to go down the typical gumshoe route, with all the tropes, or try playing as a more modern style of private eye.

1 Like

Two things about the magic.first I’m gonna guess the city is named salt city because it holds a lot of occult happenings and salt was seen as a substance used by wizards and sorcerers for magic, did I get close? Second is can we eventually delve highly into magic and become a demon commanding, master wizard?

1 Like