It’s the spring of your senior year. The weather may not reflect it but that’s typical Erie, Pennsylvania for you. It’s 2006 and people can’t stop referencing the good old days back when industry was booming. You’re Brenner, a peripheral character in the majority of your classmates’ stories but you know you’ll make it out of this shitty town. You and your band are too damn big for this city and you can feel it in your bones. Despite the family fights, the addictions, the shaky band dynamics and so much more. Right now however you’re just Brenner stumbling through each day while they blur together like cigarette smoke.
This is a story about growing up in a dire circumstances while being surrounded by the worst type of vices and of course, most important of all becoming fucking famous.
______ Brenner (you choose the first name, but the cast will normally call you Bren/Brenner/Brenny). A social outcast, lead singer and guitarist of a shitty rock band. You drink, you smoke, you do drugs, you write songs, and occasionally are musically brilliant. Throughout your entire life you’ve always felt invisible. Then one day you get your cousins beat up guitar and music gave you a voice.
Love it! Played as a trans MC and really appreciated the additional text/convo’s surrounding it, look forward to learning more about the MC, town, and band relationship!
Great start! Im intrigued and that’s what matters most for a new wip. All the characters seem interesting, the setting is both familiar and fresh and the plot in general has caught my eye. Keep up the good work, I’ll be keeping an eye on its future progress.
It’s the spring of your senior year. The weather may not reflect it but that’s typical Erie, Pennsylvania for you. It’s 2006 and people can’t stop referencing the good old days back when industry was booming. You’re Brenner, a peripheral character in the majority of your classmates’ stories but you know you’ll make it out of this shitty town. You and your band are too damn big for this city and you can feel it in your bones. Despite the family fights, the addictions, the shaky band dynamics and so much more. Right now however you’re just Brenner stumbling through each day while they blur together like cigarette smoke.
This is a story about growing up in a dire circumstances while being surrounded by the worst type of vices and of course, most important of all becoming fucking famous.
______ Brenner (you choose the first name, but the cast will normally call you Bren/Brenner/Brenny). A social outcast, lead singer and guitarist of a shitty rock band. You drink, you smoke, you do drugs, you write songs, and occasionally are musically brilliant. Throughout your entire life you’ve always felt invisible. Then one day you get your cousins beat up guitar and music gave you a voice.
It’s currently around 60k words and I try to update as fast as I can but I’m in grad school so I honestly only write when I can. I think in the next update (or the one after) I am going to look for beta testers since I can feel my STEM degree really weighing me down on the grammar and flow side of things. I wasn’t sure if I should make this post again since my old one closed (my updates were too slow sob) so I decided to do this instead. Mods if I did something wrong I’m sorry! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy. This update has been a long time in the making.
AI Disclosure:
No — This project does not contain the output of Generative AI
Yes — This project contains the output of Generative AI
This is a pretty great update. I recall wondering what happened to this game so I’m glad you’ve been working on it. I fo like the arch thar the Mc is trying to make something out of the wreckage of his life.
Sorry but when I read the Sonic bit, and it mentioned collecting coins, I had a stroke, HE COLLECTS RINGS. Also I don’t think there was a phone port of a Sonic game that wasn’t total ass in 2006. (And not just because it was the year of 06 and the awful gba port of the original game)
Thank you this is really helpful. When I was researching I stumbled upon Sonic N but I couldn’t find any gameplay that wasn’t on the Nokia N-Gage and I’m now discovering there’s a reason for that (it was an exclusive concept to merge a phone and a gaming device) and much better mobile games wouldn’t come out until the early 2010s ahhh. I sometimes struggle to isolate my memories of the past of being a kid in the late 00s early 10s with the right years. I remember playing games on my Dad’s Blackberry but it must have been when I was older than thought so thank you! I will add it to my list of things to revise in the next update <3