Randomtest stop

I want to submit so I ran the two tests, although quicktest went fine randomtest stops on 30% and won’t further. This is extremely odd to me as it finishes every single time before I add my final file to the mix. I am stumped as to what to do, please help.

Try doing randomtest on your computer. If it doesn’t finish, you probably have an infinite loop somewhere.

I don’t know how to do that, how do I insert that command into the code?

It should be in your choicescript folder, look for this and open randomtest.html

1 Like

Is that all? Just open it?

Yes, but make sure your game is there. It’s a bit worrisome that randomtest couldn’t even open startup.txt

1 Like

I changed the folder to scenes since I changed it to another name before, same issue… should my folder look like this

I think so? Try running randomtest again now that you have all the scene files in the scene folder.

Same problem… how does the online one work but not this?

If it’s trying to open in anything but Firefox, it probably won’t work.

Thanks, that was the problem

2 Likes

It ended here, does this mean is was successful?

If it ended where your screenshot ends, that means that it did complete the first two playthroughs (or seeds) but it doesn’t look like it finished the 3rd one.

I see no problem with the code
#I already know what to do.
*if (intelligence>24)
You use a classic move that you learned a long time ago. You rush up and place your hand on the middle of his back. Not hard or anything, you make no attempt to injure him.
*line_break
When he tries to turn to you, you move around him. Keeping your hand firmly on his back, you make sure you are behind him no matter which direction he turns.
*line_break
He tries turning to no avail. Then he tries moving forward or backward, but still nothing happens. He then tries swinging behind him, but with your hand right in the middle of his back you know exactly where to move to avoid it. There is nothing he can do.
*line_break
Or so, you thought. He goes mad, trying anything from moving to striking to take you down, but it doesn’t work. However even though nothing bad happens, you do come to realize you were wrong when you thought he could not do anything about this situation.
*line_break
You see, since he can still move forward and backwards, he does have the option to move backwards enough to back you out of the ring, if he so desired. It seems this tactic has a weakness. Luckily, he is not smart enough to realize this himself, but you note this for future matches. If a ring-out is possible, this may not be the best way to win.
*line_break
Soon enough, he runs low on energy. He is frustrated, but unlike Paper Poe he is no quitter. While you could try and tire him further, his guard is completely down at this point, so you strike.
*line_break
You suddenly slam your elbow into his back, and let loose a barrage of attacks. He is too tired to retaliate much, and he soon falls over.
*line_break
You finish him off with a well placed chop to the throat, forcing him into unconsciousness and winning you the fight!
*line_break
The crowd was laughing when you were evading all of his blows, silent when you struck him, and now they’re cheering. They’ve never seen someone win like this before!
*line_break
*line_break
“Wow!” The cowboy runs up and raises your arm up in victory. “We have a winner! I’ve never seen anything like that in here, but our favorite feller is out cold! Three cheers!”

*goto Bosswin
				*else
					You use a classic move that you learned a long time ago. You rush up and place your hand on the middle of his back. Not hard or anything, you make no attempt to injure him.
					*line_break
					When he tries to turn to you, you move around him. Keeping your hand firmly on his back, you make sure you are behind him no matter which direction he turns.
					*line_break
					He tries turning to no avail. Then he tries moving forward or backward, but still nothing happens. He then tries swinging behind him, but with your hand right in the middle of his back you know exactly where to move to avoid it. There is nothing he can do.
					*line_break
					Or so, you thought. He goes mad, trying anything from moving to striking to take you down, but it doesn't work. However even though nothing bad happens, you do come to realize you were wrong when you thought he could not do anything about this situation.
					*line_break
					As he goes mad trying to get you, you suddenly realize you are standing right on the edge of the ring! Quickly, you move away from the edge, but in the opposit direction that he turned, leaving you face to face with him.
					*line_break
					He punches you in the jaw hard, then scoops you up by the torso. Hoisting you up on his shoulders, he ignores your struggles and spins around, then throws you off your shoulders and slams you on the ground, hard.
					*line_break
					Your back pain is terrible and you're dizzy, but you still try and get back up. But he doesn't let you.
					*line_break
					As soon as you sit up he runs and tackles you back down, getting on top of you and grinning at you like a maniac.
					*line_break
					He proceeds to slug you over and over, smashing his fist into your face fast and hard. Those fists hurt, and he doesn't let up. On top of that, he is too heavy for you to throw off, especially as dizzy as you are now.
					*line_break
					Your vision blurs but you can feel the blood streaming down your face. He's too much, and he doesn't let up for a while, until you can barely see anything but stars. It is only then that the beating stops, and you feel his weight lift off of you. Thank god he stopped there...
					*line_break
					The crowds cheering hurts your ears, and you can't stand up. Soon, you hear what sounds like the wannabe cowboy speaking and congratulating number one. You lost...

*goto Bosslose

I finally passed the randomtest but I can’t copy the boilerplate on the submissions form no matter how many times I click, do you know what it is? I’ll just copy from you.