Randomest failed error NOW FIXED!

RANDOMTEST FAILED
ERROR: couldn’t open web/mygame/scenes/.txt
RANDOMTEST FAILED
window is not defined

What is this??? It’s never happened before and I can play the game just fine. It just randomly did the error after a few choices that have been tested before and passed the test just fine before…Any ideas??

Did something get deleted and/or did you recently update? (Try downloading a fresh copy of CS, copying over your scene files and testing.)

I don’t see how any files could have been deleted… I downloaded a new CS file and replaced the mygame folder with the old one and still doesn’t work… is that what you meant? or do I just copy over scene files?
A while ago I got a new SSdrive in my comp and all my files and everything were moved over to it…could have some how affected it?
I see all the files there and the game works so idk why it won’t pass the test… :confused:

I tried to copy and paste the text right into fresh files…but…when I clicked on save…it didn’t make changes to that notepad file, it just acted like I clicked on save as, trying to make a new file…>.< and it shouldn’t be doing that waaah… and I tried to just copy a new startup file but that messes it up so it doesn’t work. ugh idk what to do now… at a loss… :confused: I can keep working on my game but if I can’t use random test I’M DOOMED!!! DX I also checked the place where it keeps crashing and it’s TOTALLY fine… It stops at a *goto command all in the same file and I checked the code and it’s all fine…so it shouldn’t be doing that DX lol sorry for being dramatic

What is your text file called, and what is it defined as in startup’s scene_list? It looks like the .txt file has no name in the error.

EDIT: Oh, hold on… you have two separate errors. Do you have a “*goto window” command? You need to make a label called “*label window”.

Perhaps you mispelled it?

No I don’t have a *goto window command or anything with the word window in it… and if that was the case it would say something like: error in such and such line blah blah. and the text file is called Justin_one and same in the startup list.

Ok I found the problem… I had a *label called end_scene but when I wrote in it I put only *goto scene…and it thought I was trying to send it to another scene since it was incomplete. TADA!

Lesson learned… DON’T CALL A LABEL BY THE WORD SCENE AND MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE THE FULL LABEL NAME!! lol Cuz I do that a lot :confused: