Psy High -- BETA TESTERS NEEDED

Write to me for access.

Send feedback to rebecca@choiceofgames.com and cc me on it.

I’d be down to beta test.

@JsonB

I’m not sure if a new post was made with the rules for beta testing official games when we switched forums. I’ve linked the old one below and unless things have changed since the last time I did beta-testing you don’t need to reply to this thread, just follow the instructions on that other post.

4 Likes

I would like to beta test.

I’d like to beta test

I just sent my Email!

1 Like

Just sent my e-mail, so sign me up!

I would like to beta test

I would like to beta test

I volunteer for beta test!

i would like to beta test!

always curious about new games - sign me up :wink:

Hey All –

If you find an actual continuity bug, use the BUG button at the top of the game to report it. Then say who it is that’s reporting the bug a the top of the email, so I can give you credit for it.

If you send in an email reporting a bug, but don’t give us enough context for us to find it, it’s of no value.

I would also like to beta test…but just in case what am I supposed to feedback? bugs or what?

P.S I’m new here so yeah…

A good place to start is by reading that thread I linked to.

Specifically

Generally the more information, and the more context you can provide the better. There shouldn’t be any bugs in the game, and the game should have a copy-editor which means you don’t really need to focus on spelling mistakes either. If there’s pronoun problems, or names confused though, (like your girlfriend suddenly becoming your boyfriend) that can be a result of code so you should mention that.

You’re also looking for continuity errors, such as if you burn down someone’s house and have a huge fight with them, and in the next scene their house is still standing and they’re your best friend. Even if it seems small, mention continuity errors. (I nit-picked Zombie Exodus horribly over tiny things that weren’t all that important and I bet no one else noticed.) Also mention if you come across any sort of repetition with the same sentence being spoken twice in a row and whatnot.

Any sort of stat oddities too. If you think you should be able to do something, pick a choice and then can’t do it, mention it. (Likewise if you think you should fail given your stats and then don’t.)

Share both the positive and the negative, but don’t just say “I love this game” provide detailed feedback as to why. Maybe speak about characters you like and dislike and what it is that makes you feel that way.

Of course I’m the crazy person who just finished writing over 10,000 words of feedback on a game.

1 Like

Actually, spelling errors are useful to point out as well. Yes, the game will go to a copyeditor. But our copyeditors work on very tight deadlines. So if they’re focused on fixing spelling errors, they may not have time to address infelicities and other difficulties. Therefore, I like to try and give the best version possible to the copyeditor.

That said, there shouldn’t be many spelling errors in this particular game.

But yeah, everything else FG said. :smile: In particular, continuity errors. We need as much help as possible with finding continuity errors.

3 Likes

I found a continuity bug, hit the bug button, and in the space provided described the issue. At the time i thought there was nothing more to do. What data does the game give you from reported bugs, and what is left out that needs to go in an email?

I would to beta test! :slight_smile:

Sent my email, would love to beta test! :slight_smile:

Sent my email love to beta test too