Polls about COG, HG, and IF games

@JMH I won’t,thats been done so many times.I have a different approach :jack_o_lantern:

@AChubbyBlackCat I might try the abandoned mall another time :joy: :joy:

It seems the mental hospital idea is a go.Time to start writing.:woman_technologist:

2 Likes

Either an Abandoned Asylum/Hospital or a Creepy Hotel would work for a horror setting
However Is a double blade option to choose one of them as that they are the usual scenes we see in horror fiction. We know what we getting into and that may create in the readers too much expectations (wants to see the usual: Either a Devil/Ghost Hotel Manager that want to trap your soul or a Psychotic Doctor that do experiment on his patients that’s at least what come in mind when I think about this scenarios)

A Temple of the Old Gods could be more original but risky if not introduced well the concept could be all over the place and more than horror end up being a screwball story.

2 Likes

True
You are absolutely right…
But I hope I can find a work around.Instead of the Monsters being the focus of the horror.

I was thinking of the setting, the hospital itself.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I am SwaN. A few months ago, I started working on a game called Omniversal Sleuth, but after some days I had to stop because of some academic troubles.

The game was about a detective who would travel from one universe to another solving mysteries.

Now I want to continue making a game, and have realised that I have another idea cooking in my mind. It’s something called Elysian Halo: A LitRPG Adventure. It would be a standard LitRPG novel, with choices that matters.

Also, I want to reboot my Omniversal Sleuth game real bad, which I want to
rename as Detective of the Omniverse: In Eternal Lines. I am torn about which game to write. So I decided to make a poll. I would really appreciate if you could help me choose.

P.s. I don’t have any fixed plot for either of the games yet, and I will shape the story as I write.

• Detective of The Omniverse: In Eternal Lines
  • Elysian Halo: A LitRPG Adventure

0 voters

1 Like

I’ll say what I always say, when questions like this pops up in the interest check thread:

It’s impossible to know from just a description which game will be more interesting, so write whatever you feel like. Write on both, if that is where your mind and heart leads you.

8 Likes

I chose the first one because I feel like you already have an idea of where you want it to go, and it seemed more developed than the other.

This ^^^^

3 Likes

Personally, I buy every new CoG or HG title just to support unless I am completely uninterested in the plot description. So I’m curious.

I forgot to include or it didn’t occur to me to include a lot of options until it was too late.
Like demos, buying every game from a combination of two lines, buying most but not all, etc. Vote other for that and/or explain below if you’d like to. :blush: Thank you @The_Lady_Luck!

• I buy every new game in all three lines
  • I buy only games I am most interested in
  • I buy only every new game from Choice of Games
  • I buy only every new game from Hosted
  • I buy only every new game from Heart’s Choice
  • I buy mostly games I am interested in, but I’ll always buy ones from specific authors
  • I buy games only once they’re a bit older and reviews have come out
  • Other

0 voters

3 Likes

I play every new demo, and if I want to continue, I buy the game.
Not sure which option that would be.

8 Likes

Probably other? I almost never play demos so that factor didn’t cross my mind. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s so strange to me. :laughing:
Even when I know 100% I’m going to buy a game, I still play the demo, and then buy it when the option appears at the end.

6 Likes

If I’ve played the demo for a story and it’s interests me, I’ll most likely buy it upon release. If it’s from an author I know and trust, I’ll probably buy it upon release but only if it interests me.

For stories that I haven’t played the demo for or don’t know the author’s work but it has an interesting premise, I wait until reviews on the forum come out and go from there.

I’ve only ever regretted a handful or so of purchases during the 8 or so years I’ve been a customer.

9 Likes

I can’t imagine buying a game that doesn’t interest me. After all, even if one says that one likes all of an author’s existing books, that’s no good reason to presume their next one will interest you in the same way without actually trying it out.

8 Likes

All my novels are Hosted Games XD. But I’ll rather buy a game that interests me and fire my tastes. Since I like certain HGs.

Do you prefer stat bars, numbers, or other indicators (please respond) when you check on your stats?
  • Stat bars.
  • Numbers.
  • Other.

0 voters

2 Likes

I always prefer percentage bars for character disposition, but for stats I don’t have a tremendously strong opinion either way. I think I slightly prefer plain numbers because the bars give me the impression that there’s a cap that I should theoretically be able to reach, and the min-maxer in me gets mad when I can’t reach said cap :sweat_smile: . But that’s definitely just a me thing, and it’s not something that would make or break a stat screen for me.

7 Likes

I’m a visual person so stat bars are my preference.

Also when there’s a long list of numbers in a column I get lazy and skim… which means I might accidentally mistake one stat value for another. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I prefer numerical or percentage bars when I’m “playing to win” or debugging. But when playing story/RP-oriented interactive fiction, I prefer being more immersed where stat page actually explains what the numerical values mean in terms of story (ie. how NPCs feel about MC, what a high X value can theoretically do, etc.).

2 Likes

Are stat bars the ones with red and blue things like this?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Well then, I like those. But I would prefer stuff like these.

Charming:
You are very charming and can persuade/lead people successfully

Intelligent:
You are well-read and excel on all these academics and always get too marks.

And so on and so on.

So yeah I like stat bars but I prefer these.

11 Likes