POLL THREAD: Romantic Interests

I absolutely loved the recent poll thread that was done on character customization and realized that another key factor in writing for our stories could use a good thread in order to gauge some user information about preferences.

Poll 1: Romantic Interest Weight

A good place to start is in the question of how heavily romantic options weigh on your interest in an IF?

• Very Strong - It’s almost essential to have a romantic interest for me when I am reading IF.
  • Strong - It’s very important generally, but there might be exceptions if the story is engaging or there is a narrative reason for not having them.
  • Moderate - I look into whether or not there is an RO for me, but it doesn’t matter as much as story or setting.
  • Weak - I don’t care that much about the ROs, having a dynamic world and interesting plot are my primary drivers for reading.
  • Very Weak - I just don’t care about ROs at all, or I generally do not play romance in IF.
0 voters

Poll 2: Size of Romantic Interest Cast

While it is easy to always say that more is better, it’s important to consider when thinking of the size of a romantic interest cast the weight that romance has in a narrative versus the ability for the player to feel like they have an interesting character to pursue. Where Fallen Hero: Rebirth has only two romance options, and I, the Forgotten one only has three due to both of them being character centric but also having a strong narrative focus separate from it means the small RO casts they have end up very integrated/focused.

Secondarily, games like Royal Affairs focus almost entirely on romantic pursuits and have vast casts of options to select from. Neither of these approaches are ‘worse’ than one another, they are just different in their goals, the purpose of this question is what type of focus you tend to prefer when looking at an IF.

• 1-3 - Small Focus - concentrating on only a few usually makes it feel like there is more depth to them.
  • 1-3 - Small Focus - too many romantic interests can feel overwhelming.
  • 4-6 - Moderate Focus - I think it strikes a good balance.
  • 8+ - Large Focus - I prefer having a big variety of options to choose from.
  • 8+ - Large Focus - Usually otherwise it’s hard to find the type of RO I am interested in.
  • I generally don’t consider the amount of ROs, but rather whether a specific one interests me.
0 voters

Poll 3: ROs with preset Gender or Sexuality

In some stories, gender or sexuality is preset for a character. I have seen mixed feelings about whether or not this is a good thing in the past. I will state that my personal bias is that characters usually should be specific in gender and sexuality because generally it just means there is more opportunities for integrating their sexuality/gender into their identity. (While reader choice is very important, sometimes gender is inbaked into a writers vision, and to explore specifics in sexuality or gender an RO needs to have a view on romance themself to challenge it.)

• Distinctive Sexuality and Gender usually add to a story, I prefer when ROs have distinctive identities over being gender selectable / playersexual.
  • Distinctive Sexuality & Gender are okay with me, if they fit with the character or have a narrative purpose, otherwise I prefer a choice.
  • Distinctive Gender is usually fine, but I don’t like being closed off from Romantic Interests because of sexuality.
  • Distinctive Sexuality is usually fine, but closing off selecting their gender usually makes it hard to romance my preferred ROs.
  • I don’t want the Sexuality or the Gender of an RO to be pre-defined.
  • I don’t have a preference on whether or not Sexuality or Gender is defined (I don’t care).
0 voters

Poll 4: Romantic Leads with Boundaries

For people in the real world, there tends to be a large variety of factors which will lead them to break off a romantic pursuit. In IF, we generally skirt the ‘cut off’ points for most romance-able members in a cast, still for many there might be cut off points where they will refuse to be with an MC who does specific things against their morals. An example of this would be Vendetta, where different ROs will reject the MC depending on the path they choose (a journalist is generally not going to accept a criminal heir as a partner, unless you convince them otherwise…)

• ROs willing to break off their relationships adds intrigue and makes it feel like I’m seeking out real people, I love arguments but even more the chance for real narrative fallout from them.
  • Having them capable of breaking off a relationship is great, but should be tightly controlled to avoid making the reader feel locked into specific choices to ‘appease’ them.
  • Having an RO break off their relationship is fine, if you do something clearly against their beliefs and do not try to reconcile.
  • Having an RO break off their relationship with the MC no matter the reason is not okay, ever. I don’t play IF to be rejected by my fictional partner.
0 voters

Poll 5: Flirt or Flag Systems

There is generally two different approaches I have noticed to building relationships within IF. The first (and I believe to be most common) method is through building up ‘romance points’ by usually shyly or boldly indicating your own interest (flirting about what you want to do to them in bed or being too meek to speak and looking away when their eyes lock on yours).

A secondary method of having romantic progression is through events, spending time with characters at specific points allowing you to trip ‘flags.’ For example, Fallen Hero: Retribution has flags for possessing a crush, whether a character notices that crush, and then whether the character once knowing you have that crush as confronted you about your mutual feelings. At various points in the narrative, you can change your feelings towards ROs to develop or lose interest in them. In the case of FH: Retribution, connections to others numerically are determined solely by your ‘relationship’ meeter, which here seems much more clearly to indicate the closeness between you and another member of the cast.

The question then is in what method you prefer, flirting or flags?

• Flirting - I like being able to see the reactions!
  • Flirting - I don’t like the flag mechanic, I think it can limit my ability to react.
  • Flags - I think that it helps with narrative flow.
  • Flags - I don’t like the flirting mechanic, since it limits my abililty to react to things organically.
  • No Preference, I think both of the systems are great!
0 voters

Poll 6: Unromanced ROs finding their own Romance.

Romantic Interests sometimes will, if not being romanced by the main character, seek out another character from the cast for romantic relationships. Do you think that characters should be able to find love outside of the MC in the course of a story?

• Yes, the dynamic-ism allows for more interesting ways to see the characters.
  • Yes, it’s cool but only if the reader gets asked first.
  • No, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
  • No, I don’t think it adds much and time would be better spent elsewhere.
  • I don’t have a preference really / Doesn’t change much to me.
0 voters

Poll 7: Romantic Betrayal or Death

In some cases, a plot or narrative may possess a character you can form a romantic connection with whom later ends up betraying the main cast. In cases like this, especially without any forewarning, it can leave a bitter feeling, but at the same time implying as such might lead .

[spoiler]

• I want betrayal OR death to be clearly stated
  • I want betrayal OR death to be implied as a future consequence or otherwise foreshadowed.
  • I want betrayal to be implied or stated but don’t mind death being a surprising consequence
  • I want death to be implied or clearly stated but betrayal should be kept from being stated or implied until it happens
  • I don’t want any potential spoiling of these events, I would rather find it out as it happens.
0 voters

Poll Closer: What is your favourite RO Archetype(s)?

• Charismatic Flirt with a preference for alive.
  • Bubbly jokester who raises the teams spirits!
  • Ice Queen with a Golden Heart.
  • Socially awkward scholar with a ‘romantic soul’.
  • Team Leader who takes the weight of the consequences.
  • A Person with Authority whom you end up somehow having a chance with.
  • Best childhood friend turned romance.
  • Childhood crush grows up everything seems to change but but the crush.
0 voters
21 Likes

Request for a possible answer on #3: Not wanting set gender or set sexuality.

From a writing perspective, I want both (it’s easier for me to write that). From a playing perspective, setting the gender and/or sexuality ends up removing an option for a LI. Usually, it’s the LI whose path I want to play. Example: Alessa or whatever her name is in Golden Rose. Totally my type of LI, but she’s female and I rarely play MCs who are after female LIs. Instead, the male is Hadrian, who bores the hell out of me and I can’t stand.

11 Likes

Forgot to add that option haha, I literally remembered the second I posted it :flushed:. Had to repost the poll to add it but yes, I entirely intended to include that one on there since I know there is a lot of debate on the topic of whether or not they should or shouldn’t be preselected. Obviously authors will make their own choices about whether they will or not, but I know I personally want a way to more concretely gauge some of these things even if it’s still amongst the narrow subset of people who work within the forums.

The one I am personally the most interested in is the response to the flag system versus flirting points. (Personally I have a medium to strong preference for the former due to me not liking feeling like I have to pick the flirting options to see romantic responses to actions, but I’m curious what others think about it.)

Also, I can understand finding Hadrian boring, I feel like as a nonreligious person myself it felt… bizarre… To see a clearly ‘Christian’ character who is deeply religious and to feel pulled towards being religious with my character just because otherwise it felt… unfitting. Usually I pick the agnostic options and keep from making theistic declarations when those options come up.

Response:
I guess that has never bothered me since I have a soft spot for shy characters, I did find it a little odd how often he was described as blushing. Like I feel like in my relationships personally despite being very awkward romantically I don’t usually ‘blush’ unless there is a new boundary being broached. I can’t imagine blushing everytime you move to hold hands with your partner or the like.

Response to @HarrisPS :

1. This is fair, though I think that if you can’t find a single character in a cast to relate to on some level than I would be concerned about larger issues with the writing.
    1. I specifically used the term playersexual because more often then not when the characters are described as bisexual they literally never factor in the fact that sexuality exists within the context of the story. I’d love more explicit bisexual or pansexual representation within writing. There is a difference to me between stating a character is bisexual and showing at literally any point this to be the case. Usually in place of a distinctive sexual identity it feels like it’s just them displaying interest in the MC no matter what if they display interest first with no preference depending on your gender. (Ortega, for example, is a very clearly written bisexual character.) It just kind of irks me personally when every major character in the cast is bisexual :skull: .(Specifically when they are all ‘bisexual’ but sexuality is never brought up at all or noted, sexuality is a journey, I like to see that in characters sometimes.)
    1. I think this is a good point! A mixed system where it tracks how many times you flirt, and whether you actually intend them as flirts could be interesting if an RO will confront you about them.
    1. Not going to lie, it was Royal Affairs with the various romantic get togethers that inspired me to add that question, I know for myself that I am planning a few different romantic connections for non-pursued ROs for a project in the works of mine.
    1. I think it would be interesting if you could end up connecting much more strongly with a romanceable member of the cast and forming a connection there following the heartbreak of a betrayal. I think one of the big reasons people frown upon it is because it can lock you out of romance in the future which feels… crummy.
    1. Fair, personally speaking I have a few RO types that I am not interested in at all myself. Usually I prefer more introspective characters, merciful, with strong convictions.
2 Likes

Like you, I prefer the flag system. The flirting is often… well, disgusting… in these games, because the bold flirt option leaves the MC acting like an escaped convict who hasn’t been laid in 50 years and the reserved option isn’t so much reserved as tween anime schoolgirl shy. They’'re both gross to me.

Hadrian didn’t bother me because of the religious thing. It was the fact that he was so blushy and weird. Much like the “shy” MCs in these games, he came off like a tween girl. A female Marhal in ItFO has never experienced attraction before Milon (if you go that route) and blushes some, but it’s not so over-the-top. That’s how you do confused, new-to-romance characters. Not the stuttering mess Hadrian and shy MCs usually are.

14 Likes

For some of these, I have something to add:

1. Romantic Interest importance: romantic interests don’t matter to me as much as story or setting but if there isn’t at least one character whom I can connect with somehow, whether via romance, friendship, family, or as a teammate I will generally find it harder to get interested in the game. (At least in IFs like the ones that are created here.)
    1. Set gender/sexuality of romanceable characters: I struggle with the definition of “playersexual” because yes it’s bad when an NPC is Schrodinger’s Bisexual like poor Anders in DA2 (he only discusses his ex-boyfriend if you’re a man; if you’re a woman, the ex is a “friend”). Unfortunately very often conversations about playersexuality, whether people mean it this way or not it’s hard not to read some of the criticisms as “a cast of bisexual characters = wish fulfilment/shallow/unrealistic”. I think regarding this question it realllly depends on the game and execution in whatever direction. Regardless, I like to see an evenly spread variety of love interests available for each gender.
    1. Flirt/flag: I absolutely enjoy a combination - I like it best if the PC can overtly flirt in whatever way if they want to, or consider internally “I am into this person but I don’t want to say something right now.” It’s nice to have the choice of how your PC wants to act (or not).
    1. Romanceable characters getting together: I am really on the fence on this. In principle I like it and voted “yes” but in practice I haven’t encountered a point where I super enjoyed it as a player (except for maybe Fenris and Isabela in DA2 when they can have a fling, which amused me a lot).
    1. Romantic character betrayal: This is delicious opportunity for misery, which I am all for. My main caveat here would be that I would also like the opportunity to have a connection (romantic or otherwise) with another character as well as the traitor. It would be a bit too miserable for me, I think, for it to be that you’re left alone without other friendships by default.
    1. Trope enjoyment: I like any or all of these as long as they are vividly written and have depth on top of the baseline idea.
13 Likes

I have trouble with polls of this nature (romance and friendship arc related) because everything is dependent upon execution.

As a reader, the romance option could check every single of my wish/fulfillment boxes, but if the execution is not there, I won’t feel an attachment.

23 Likes

One of my personal favorites, enemy/rival, is missing in the RO archetype poll. (But thank you for including “Person with Authority whom you end up somehow having a chance with”. Rosy Kim, always and forever. :heart_on_fire:)

I would hate a warning that my RO might betray me later on. Personally, it adds to them feeling like their own person (assuming that it makes sense for their character arc). However, if the entire relationship had been a lie, I get why that might make some players uncomfortable and/or ruin the entire playthrough for them. When it comes to the RO dying, I feel, such a fate should be preventable – and not just by MC’s self-sacrifice.

I think preset genders/sexualities are interesting and can add a lot to an RO. I particularly love that several newer games include canon trans (gender-flippable or not) and canon ace ROs.

16 Likes

Damned, I knew I would miss one! In my defence I usually don’t end up going for the ‘enemy to lover’ archetype as a personal preference.

Response to @AletheiaKnights :
Ice queen is an energy more than it is a gendered term to me, just look at Eyes of Shan with it’s male ice queen :skull: .

Response to @VenomB :

but there’s just something about it. That said, despite my odd reservation, I can’t help but feel like if every RO is playersexual only, something is missing from the narrative.

Ahhh-- I think this comes to the crux of the issue for me. I think maybe considering a balance in ensuring everyone has options and having a few characters with distinctive preferences might be a good way to go (like Golden Rose).

5 Likes

Same. And there have been characters that aren’t remotely my type in any way, shape, or form whom I’ve absolutely loved romancing because they came alive to me through my character’s eyes.

Regarding the trope list, I chose “Ice queen” under the assumption that it encompasses ice kings with hearts of gold as well.

8 Likes

Bubbly jokesters down bad.

This might be one of my favorite polls. Its interesting to see which parts align with myself vs are totally against the grain.

My biggest conundrum is probably the “ROs not chosen finding romance.” On one hand, I love the idea of the world being more realistic in the story. On the other hand, doing another run knowing “if I don’t choose this person, they end up with x” always leave a sour taste in mouth. Its weird, I know it is, and not a big deal… but there’s just something about it. That said, despite my odd reservation, I can’t help but feel like if every RO is playersexual only, something is missing from the narrative.

@feurio

I would hate a warning that my RO might betray me later on. Personally, it adds to them feeling like their own person (assuming that it makes sense for their character arc). However, if the entire relationship had been a lie, I get why that might make some players uncomfortable and/or ruin the entire playthrough for them. When it comes to the RO dying, I feel, such a fate should be preventable – and not just by MC’s self-sacrifice.

I somewhat agree with you. I think the one warrior princess RO from War for the West is a great example of it done well. Its pretty clearly set that as long as you don’t piss her off (by being controlling, essentially), nothing bad happens. But that left a LOT of issue with readers knowing she’s a possible issue despite being a chosen RO. I found myself liking her more after confronting her and just being straightforward with her. I think it just has to be done well.

@Phenrex

Ahhh-- I think this comes to the crux of the issue for me. I think maybe considering a balance in ensuring everyone has options and having a few characters with distinctive preferences might be a good way to go (like Golden Rose).

110% agree. Zombie Exodus is a great example. Certain characters are playersexual, such as Rachel, while others are straight, bi, or gay. The ones that aren’t playersexual eventually split off with each other, while the playersexual ones are solely non-romantic unless the player is involved. Admittedly, it does leave that taste in my mouth (I was flirting with a character that ended up involved with someone else, awkward), but it adds so much realism to the world. And while I also enjoy characters actually having preferences like a real person, it leaves out content for the trashy self-inserters like myself. Truly a conundrum.

I absolutely lucked out with Golden Rose - all of my favorite romances are straight or bi women. I feel so horribly bad for those who don’t get to properly enjoy Alessa.

@Phenrex sorry to double notify, but if you’re still adding polls, one of the things I’ve been curious about is how people select ROs. Do they research the options and choose before playing, or do they go into it and choose organically? I personally research the options (because I chase any poly romance I can that’s 2 women) and so many times find myself liking ROs that my self-insert can’t have. lmfaoooooo

@HarrisPS

With non-IF games like BioWare ones etc, I tend to research a bit beforehand. I quite like going into CoGs without knowing much about them though.

And I’m quite literally the exact opposite. How about that! Something about not being able to actually see and hear them just hits me weird. I gotta know about them and know my options before going in, especially in case I end up falling for a character that isn’t even actually an option (looking at you, Heroes Rise!).

Also, how do you add the person you’re replying to to the block quote like that? I use this forum way too much to know so little. lol

3 Likes

I haven’t cast a vote for the betrayal/death poll only because I actually prefer not to be told ahead of time. If there are well executed hints and I can put the pieces together, that’s fine because obviously I want the narrative to make sense but I love being surprised, and if I read a well executed twist (not a lie, Linda Belcher, a twist!) in which my love interest betrayed me or died, I would be thrilled.

I think having a way to save them or win them back would be ideal, but I’m perfectly happy with a good tragic romance if the narrative demands it. (In my DAO runs, my Mahariel breaks up with Zevran after Tamlen returns and I stand by the pain it causes all of us!)

@Phenrex You spent 2 hours doing god’s work is what you did.

5 Likes

I can’t believe I spent 2 hours writing this and missed multiple important options for the polls but I kind of feel it’s too late… should I change it to add this option? I added a secondary poll instead of deleting the other one. :blush:

Turns out you can’t hide a poll in details or blurring so I just deleted the other one :person_shrugging: Don’t want it to get cluttered.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of how highly the “i dont really care” options have tended to rank so far. You mostly see one extreme or another when it comes to people commenting on certain things, so it’s a nice reminder that there are a big chunk of people silently appreciating non-extremes.

16 Likes

yep, I totally see what you mean about bisexuality only being shown via an NPC’s attraction to the PC. Even if that’s a bare minimum, though, I would still prefer it to there only being straight romances and NPCs. Of course it’s better to have more discussion/exploration about it than the minimum though!

My perhaps-spicy take is that the main reason I enjoy seeing non-bisexual characters is if the non-bisexual characters are nonbinary, gay, aro- or ace-spec, and/or trans. I don’t really see what Cullen or Cassandra being straight rather than bisexual brings to DA:I, for example. I’m certain there are fantastic exceptions but I struggle to think of them. I am a bit like “cis straight allosexual and alloromantic characters are the vast majority in romance stories and games, it’s nice to have variety aside from that”.

So, what I am doing with Honor Bound is allowing the PC to do overt-flirt moments (of a variety of kinds) which are recorded, and when it becomes relevant, the romanceable character says “hey, are we going somewhere with this? I’ve noticed a few/a lot of times you’ve been acting this way and I wanted to ask about it”. (Depending on the NPC’s personality and feelings, they may say something with a different nuance at this point.) There are also a bunch of moments where you can internally think “I’m starting to really like this person” and not say something; the descriptions then feel more emotional/weighty when you’re having one-on-one time on them, which basically represents you having a silent crush.

Aw, thank you! I did enjoy doing it, generally - it was quite a lot of effort, though, and while I was really into it when I first decided, by the end the branching became a little tiring. But I am glad that some folks liked it and there is something to be said for showing that even if the PC of that game is royal, they’re not the centre of the world in all ways.

Yes, exactly - if it’s at a point where it’s like “oh, you’ve put all your eggs in this basket and you can’t really connect with anyone else now” it would not feel great (unless you were enjoying that idea as a player!)

Yes, I think this would be something that would spoil the emotional surprise of such a thing.

With non-IF games like BioWare ones etc, I tend to research a bit beforehand. I quite like going into CoGs without knowing much about them though.

8 Likes

My perhaps-spicy take is that the main reason I enjoy seeing non-bisexual characters is if the non-bisexual characters are nonbinary, gay, aro- or ace-spec, and/or trans. I don’t really see what Cullen or Cassandra being straight rather than bisexual brings to DA:I, for example. I’m certain there are fantastic exceptions but I struggle to think of them.

Not going to lie, I was completely running under the assumption that predefined sexualities would be anything but ‘straight allo cis’ :skull: . I don’t consider this take spicy really, IMO being straight allo as a rule tends to factor in far less into a person than having hardships or self questioning that is associated with breaking the gender or sexual norms. As a result I think in general that making a character straight feels less like a characteristically ‘weighty’ thing since it just makes them… part of the norm.

To me making a character ‘straight’ generally doesn’t express anything new, I guess? Like, a closeted bisexual character might come to recognize how they feel or an agender RO might have specific associations or relations with how they perceive their own gender but… An aromantic person might balk at you attempting to form romantic connection, and their aromanticism might feed into their perceptions of others as well, meaning they would be changed by this alternative experience they have.

So, what I am doing with Honor Bound is allowing the PC to do overt-flirt moments (of a variety of kinds) which are recorded, and when it becomes relevant, the romanceable character says “hey, are we going somewhere with this? I’ve noticed a few/a lot of times you’ve been acting this way and I wanted to ask about it”

So what you are telling me is that I should have read it yesterday and taken notes… Hehe. I want to check it out but I want to finish a playthrough for Javi first. I find their romance a little difficult for me personally since as a demisexual / demiromantic it kind of hurts to be told how gross kissing is and how sexual it is by nature even if this is just something Javi believes. I know kisses can be platonic and affectionate, like kissing your grandma. I hope nobody thinks of kissing grandma as a sexual endeavour.

(Personally I am touchaverse generally, so gaining the trust to kiss someone is very meaningful to me personally beyond just like… any weird implication of sex or otherwise. I don’t know if there was a change to Javi’s personality though between the demo and full release because I barely started the new run I did for them I just am going off what I remembered at the time.) I feel it encourages this weird idea that kisses always imply something more. But like I said before, kissing grandma isn’t sexual, kissing isn’t always carrying that weight.

5 Likes

I want to see straight characters for the same reason I want to see characters who are gay, bi, or ace: because they exist. No, they aren’t lacking in representation in media in general, but part of good representation in my view means creating a world that feels real to me, and a world where no one is cishet is as unrealistic as a world where everyone is.

Also, if you’re going to have characters who are identified as gay, bi (actually written as bi, not playersexual), or ace, and then not have any straight characters, that sort of feels like saying that there’s no room for heterosexuality in a diverse world. I want to spend time in a world where straight people exist on equal terms with everyone else, where their attractions and loves are not more worthy of celebration than anyone else’s, but not less, either.

Furthermore, I want to see the idea normalized for everyone that there are some people you just can’t have, and that’s okay.

Finally, please don’t forget that being ace or trans isn’t mutually exclusive with being interested exclusively in the opposite gender. I don’t know that I’ve ever read a character in a CS game who was, like me, asexual and heteroromantic.

23 Likes

Haha, the flirting only really starts in Chapter 2 so no worries! :smile:

I understand where you’re coming from. There were some outside-the-game reasons that partially contributed to me writing Javi like that (I had a bunch of prurient/creepy comments about exactly what physical acts they would be into) but I would like to have ingame discussions about asexuality that are more varied in the future, whether from ace PCs or NPCs :heart:

3 Likes

I mean, I think that generally speaking even stories with a predominantly queer cast will still have straight characters but they tend to take a more ‘background’ view, being important but not romanceable or in relationships already at the start of a story. Nobody complains for the lack of straight representation within FH (I know I use Fallen Hero as an example a lot but for me it’s kind of like, the cornerstone for what I look for and want to do myself with IF so it’s why I’m so attached to it :flushed: ).

I know for me personally I have quite a few ‘straight’ characters but none of them are romanceable and I don’t plan them to be, just because I find it more interesting to think about queer characters due to the immense amount of queerness I possess myself. I was born in it, molded by it, and now I seek to spread it like a plague to all whom bear witness.

Honestly more asexual or demisexual representation in general is lacking within the IF sphere of all degrees. I would like to see more of it. I am not a huge fan of asexual or aromantic being a replacement for having no romance, which has happened a bit here or there. I think it would be interesting to do an ‘aromantic’ playthrough but still have the option to go to the bone zone with an RO who doesn’t want romantic commitment (but whom you could further develop romance with if you wanted). Like M, I guess, but without the weird soulmate thing.

10 Likes

I see what you mean, thank you very much for your thoughts.

I think for me… the idea of there being people who are out of one’s reach is so engrained for people who aren’t allosexual, cis and heterosexual that I don’t always enjoy it. But!! in principle I entirely agree that if NPCs are always simply going along with anything the PC wants (I’m thinking of player actions and how they treat the NPC, not necessarily sexuality) then that becomes empty.

I want to write someone who’s explicitly asexual and heteroromantic now :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Omg PLEASE. :heart: :heart: :heart::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes