(Planes: Book 1) Supernatural WIP, Minor Update: March 19, 2018

I’ve decided to bring back the option to play as a Half Reaper, and also added the option to play as a Half Demon. Means more work on your MC’s behalf, cause according to the lore, Demons and Reapers cant see into planes other than their own. So if you choose to play as one of those two, you’ve gotta find a way to get on the Half Angel’s level. Also, you can specify what type of Angel or Demon you are later, but not what type of Reaper cause there really is only one type. its 1 am here and i am adamant about rolling out this update today

5 Likes

Ooooooo things just got interesting!!! So it’ll be harder to play depending on what you are? I like this idea!!!

1 Like

Ayup! If you want the game to be just a little easier, you’ll choose to be a Half Angel. Anything else means you gotta find a way to interact with other planes, meaning extra missions and rare ingredient collecting. And fair warning, at this point, I’ve already decided that you can die at any moment so that’s always fun! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

4 Likes

That’s never fun… :cold_sweat: Death in most types of games is both predictable and just a temporary setback: you know how you can get killed, and also can save every so often and return from that point. With a CoG, there’s no standardised save system (the one often used in WiPs isn’t available in published games), and choices that lead to death will never be as predictable as they would be in just about any other game.

I’m not saying you can’t have the MC die occasionally, but it should be quite rare, and you should probably also add in check-points that can be returned to after death.

3 Likes

I really liked this there was something about this that makes it feel unique and interesting despite there only being a little bit there and I look forward to the next update though something I’m wondering is who is the person in the mirror and what are the differences between angels, reapers, and demons.

OK, so I made a minor update, mostly coding fixes and some formatting corrections. A few writing changes to the potions, startup and into scenes, but nothing to the prologue until I’m done with this next part.

@ParrotWatcher: This game isn’t really a death trap. I phrased it wrong when I said “I’ve already decided that you can die at any moment.” when it’s more “I’ve already decided that you can die at all.” Death wasn’t really supposed to be an option when I was planning out this game. Now, while you can die if you make certain “wrong” choices, it isn’t a thing that happens too often. Plus I’m going to add the option to play with “permadeath” off when the first chapter’s posted, since that’s the point where death would be an actual hindrance or bother.

@Queen-Irene: It makes me very happy to hear that the game’s already captured your attention despite the small prologue! I’m trying not to give away too much of the plot, but you will get the chance to discover who the person in the mirror is at a later update. And the differences between the species is hopefully gonna be explained in this next update!

6 Likes

I’ll make one large update, I said.
It’ll be easy enough, I said.

I’m adding more options so that’s taking longer than I thought. I’m the kind of person who likes to update when everything’s all done, but as I keep adding more options, I’m gonna divide this into a bunch of tiny updates.

Already fixed a few things so there’s that for now.

Currently working on the gender and clothes systems plus giving the players the chance to specify their relationship with Blake more.

6 Likes

I got this when chosing to fall out of bed:

• prologue line 74: increasing indent not allowed, expected 4 was 6

And when trying to create my own gender identity:

• prologue line 148: increasing indent not allowed, expected 4 was 6

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.