Overkill: The Tropes [more or less a parody] update 12/12/2020 [HERO up; VILLAINESS complete]

Hi, I think there’s a bug with the demo, yesterday I remember being able to get through the first short story. Today, I can’t get passed the gender selection page because the whole page freezes and everything becomes un-selectable --> I restarted a few times, but it keeps happening.
Interesting story concept, I look forward to seeing where you take it!

1 Like

Here’s the trouble being reported. A variable doesn’t seem to exist in the code where it is expected.

A pic showing as much.

I’m not too sure why it stalls out the whole scene someone who knows choice script better than me probably would, though, but it didn’t break anything that wasn’t easy to fix. Not a big unknowable thing. It does look like there are parts still being worked on in the background, so no rush. :slightly_smiling_face:

Found it. It seems the error was due to the updated file not being uploaded on dashingdon. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m liking the update. Nice :grin: :+1: .

This is really enjoyable, OP! :smiley: Will you be implementing “save” in the future? :thinking:

btw, just a teeny tiny thing(s)

1 Like

Love the update for intro. Take your time.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what I was getting into but I was so pleasantly surprised that the tropes you’re tackling are the cheesy ones from webnovels and anime. This shit is my bread and butter. I’m particularly ready for the villainess otome run.

That said, any plans for the Chinese web novel tropes? I feel like they go hand in hand with tropes like these such as system transmigration and so on.

Also, to that one person who said there should be a “reason” I don’t think there need ones since this just an exploration of tropes. Something like “in the year 2836271872 humanity advanced an AI that make stories based on your browsing history. Here are their stories.” Or any other lore BS to “give it a reason” isn’t needed since “that” doesn’t have anything to do with the “main game”. But I do think a proper introduction as to what this game is would significantly improve a lot. The summary really does not give any hint whatsoever on what you’re going to play.

4 Likes

Haha I really love the idea of this! I agree that a specific reason or a bunch of lore as to why are we living the tropes isn’t really needed, it’s pretty straightforward I think (but if you want to add it that’s good too!). Also I think I lost it when dad had blue hair so yeah.

Ngl this was fun :joy::joy: can’t wait for more!!

This…this is everything I WANTED!
Do you know how many generic villainesses reincarnation story I read?!
That’s it. I will follow this wip till the END.

I can’t wait for the villainess trope!

3 Likes

Could we possibly be able to pick a personality before the player hit by the truck or whatever means you choose to get sent to the land of trash manga/anime (I mean that with utmost enjoyment of it) like being a a nefarious genius, a naive friend creature, or a HYPER NERD

3 Likes

My time has come! FINALLY I GET TO PLAY A WIP LIKE THIS AHAHAHAH
I’ve been waiting for SO long *sobs

3 Likes

I’m liking the new opening. Just at some parts where I choose a male, I get called a princess sometimes the prince but still, this game has high hopes so don’t stress everyone’s gonna love it.

1 Like

I’m excited to see where this goes

1 Like

I love this and I love you. Truck-kun, I’m ready :kissing_heart:

This game will focus more on Jap / Kor tropes since I’m familiar with those. But if I’m not mistaken some Ch tropes also have J/K counterparts like the White Lotus trope so I guess in some way it’s still included. I guess I’m just picking their common denominator.

I’ve updated that one. Thanks. I’m not very good with these.

I’m writing this game in a way where the player gets to choose their personality based on their choices so…

… I don’t think I’ll add a personality picker. Also, the backstory at the beginning was just placed there to complete the “trope adventure” since most of the means of getting reincarnated are used repeatedly.

Also, thank you to everyone who tested this so far.

2 Likes

@Mari_Gold found this.

PS: When will opportunity arise to become a great and all powerful DEMON LORD😈… mwahaha!

1 Like

Save slots added.

fixed that.

Thanks.

Maybe in the future. But please be reminded of forum rules 'coz this sounds / reads like asking for updates.

2 Likes

Just a quick question
Can we possibly clear the villainess route without dying? Because i’m pretty sure i’ve tried every option and well… Died at every chance.
A simple yes or no would suffice.

3 Likes

i like this so far, but the hero one has gotten me curious. i wonder if we can romance the dark lord instead? (cliche, i know, but i’m a sucker for tropes like this)

1 Like