OFNA: Birds of a Feather (WIP - Updated 8/09/22)

IMG_20210126_034242

26 Likes

Ooh I really like this WIP!! Excited to see more, thanks for your hard work author :)!

Especially Elliot

If this choice comes into the light, I wanna pepper spray Elliot…:smiling_imp::smirk_cat::kissing_cat:

Are you kidding me?!? Lol ofcourse ressistant MC and punching Elliot choices/options would be most popular…
This is an awesome idea though…

3 Likes

I think so too, but I would be interested to see the actual numbers :blush: I’m also curious about which gift is more popular. I might do a massive post with polls after a few chapters just to see what options people are going for.

2 Likes

AND the actual main thing to chose, the bird, poll for the familiar would be good too…

There’s been a poll for that already! :arrow_down_small:

1 Like

Yay, me as well.
Though, most of my characters wanna face with something like that will look, shrug, and go, my life now is boring, let’s go find adventure Time.

1 Like

This is fun! It’s late for me, so I’ll add my thoughts later, but I had a quick thing I was thinking about.

Is there any way to add a random button for the familiar? I totally understand if that’s not possible, but I thought it might be a fun way to give us the choice of bird; potentially even encourage people to pick something they might not have initially.

3 Likes

The fact that “grumpy” is a personality trait, as opposed to “rude” or something similar is just absolutely delightful for some reason. Thank you for that.

10 Likes

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I think this would be easy to code if it’s something people are interested in. I might add it in the final version, thanks :blush:

9 Likes

Gasps. Birds!

Your work is already sublime: the premise is interesting and manages to be at once refreshing and familiar, the characters feel real and are already likeable – or at least tolerable, thus far – in their own ways, the pacing and delivery seem to improve with each update, and you are taking feedback into account very well to make your work even better.

Also, birds. :bird:

Keep up the great work, and best of luck with Birds of a Feather and the future books! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Loving the demo lol I very much look forward to seeing how it all grows and half to say first major play through will be resistant mc but the way the game is now I look forward to playing the accepting one as well.

1 Like

@ScrollScribe and @Valixon Thanks for commenting <3 I’m glad you guys are enjoying it so far!

Quick question for everyone! Thoughts on *hide_reuse versus *disable_reuse for lists of big questions you can ask (like there was with the twins in Chapter 2). I lean toward *disable_reuse because then I like feeling like I’m making progress in the list, but I’m curious what you all prefer.
(And I did read the poll thread for this, but I am indecisive :sweat_smile:)

Hide or Disable already picked choices
  • *hide_reuse (gone from list)
  • *disable_reuse (greyed out)

0 voters

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to add that I am targeting next week (hopefully) for adding chapter 4 to the demo. Finishing up a few scenes right now, and then I need to thoroughly edit/playtest. But it’s on the way soon, for sure! :tada:

12 Likes

Ultimately, do you what you want, but I preferred the options greyed out.

If I have to close my laptop for some reason, I will have forgotten what option I picked by the time I come back. So it’s nice to have it greyed out so that I can remember what it was about.

Otherwise hide_reuse can just have the MC repeat whatever question/dialogue option was picked in the narrative as a repeat.

4 Likes

Exactly @ofna , you should be the one to decide that, but I prefer greyed out options too…

1 Like

I know, I know, I have to make decisions on my own :sweat_smile:

I keep switching it back and forth and I’m hoping maybe you all can be a tie-breaker for me. I honestly can’t decide.

4 Likes

It seems like most (lol including me) prefers greyed out choices…

1 Like

Hehe I like the greyed out option also but in the end it’s up to you :smiley:

1 Like

I prefer greyed out choices, because it gives more re-playability- if they are gone, I’d probs not know that there were even other choices to begin with, and keep re-choosing the same choices over and over.

5 Likes

Knock knock

4 Likes