October 2023's Writer Support Thread

I am feeling in less of a funk now that it’s the end of the month. I did some really nice social and relaxing things and have been reading a lot.

It was a good move to change my October plans, as I’ve been able to do both these things in the end (I don’t think I’d have been able to do Chapter 6 with the time/energy I had). I’ve drafted and revised the Royal Affairs extra epilogue, indulged myself thinking a bit about a potential maybe-to-do-one-day idea about a hedonistic romance romp, and did some planning on an unrelated/unannounced project.

Chapter 6 was as tricky a proposition as I anticipated, but I sat down with @FayI to air my various issues with it and as usual she managed to help me figure out what the real problems were and how to fix them. I always run into this sort of thing in the middle of a project, where I don’t have the ease and momentum of the start, nor the end-of-a-rollercoaster speedy feel of the end. But this chapter is now in good shape! I am keen to jump into writing Chapter 6, but really what I need to do is check where I’m at with game balance so I’m going to do that today, see how far I get, and then probably get on with the writing tomorrow.

8 Likes