Northeast by Northwest Oz by Ron Baxley Jr. (release on 1st May)

@thegoodrebel Yes it has pictures. I think the description needs to be changed, it says “without graphics” and will probably catch people by surprise on their mobile data.

Edit: also there’s possible pronoun mix ups in the demo screens.

North By Northwest meets Wizard of Oz?That sounds strange and I’m interested

Well I’m certainly interested, unfortunately it’s going to take a real long time to download, sometimes I hate my snail pace internet…

Welcome to the world of tomorrow!
(Seriously though, I feel your pain. I had shocking internet up until recently, and although it’s better, it’s still not super fast and it can still be patchy at times. My advice is to set it to download, go get a cup of tea and come back later to see if it’s downloaded or timed out.)

1 Like

sorry, but how many pictures does it have? Highlands, Deep Waters has animated pics etc and is 15mb iirc.
Divided we fall is 10mb and CCH is around the same.

WTH?

Also game crashes when you open the stats page.

Inquiries have been made about the game crashing when the stats page is opened.

I do not know what to say about the graphics files eating up so much memory.

I think there are 12 graphics files within the game.

well, how big are the pics in terms of filesize?

the game is 30k words. so that should be less then 10 mb for the game. Maybe the pic solution/etc messed up?

I do not know but thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. The graphic artist has agreed to reduce the size if need be.

Until I hear back from the company over email, I am going to abstain from commenting further on here.

You have stats? I don’t even have the button

I have places where the program auto-matically gives one up-dates on points acccrued. Therefore, the stats button may not be entirely necessary. However, some people may want to keep track of the stats along and along.

@MeltingPenguins I’d imagine it depends if the images were resized, or submitted to COG as is. (I don’t think COG resizes them for HG’s that’s the author’s/artists’s responsibility.) A few large, high resolution resolution images made in a program like photoshop will easily get you up around that that mb mark. (My image files are often at least 15mb each so it may not be a glitch.)

Thank you for all of your comments and suggestions. I am going to wait to hear back from the company regarding the stats issue and how to solve it and if the graphics issue has been a problem. It looks like there has not been a hard release of the game but a soft release. I have not seen it on the web-site or mentioned on Facebook. I think it’s just been released on a trial basis for now in app stores. Please do not get me wrong. I am concerned about what players have mentioned. I am just waiting to hear how to proceed without escalating my anxiety. Thanks again.

1 Like

A stats screen is not necessary at the start or even throughout. You make a major decision pushing you toward good or evil a few screens in. Then, good and evil points accumulate, and you are informed about them during game play. The stats screen was removed intentionally I think. In this game, it is not meant to be there.