New Hosted Game! "Keeper of the Sun and Moon" by Brynn Chernosky

I’m still not done with the first playthrough, but there seems to be a bug that makes the game think there is always at least one unread message even after all of them have been checked.

2 Likes

Hosted Games doesn"t usually release on Steam , only selective few will be released there… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True, but we still miss out on some great games that we would like to play also thanks for reminding us of our pain. (I do appreciate the games we do get but, I do think we have been missing out on some the really cool new ones)

2 Likes

We couldn’t do much of the company decision…
There were of course many other different games that each individual think should be on steam , it is most unfortunate of course…

1 Like

The demo was fantastic. It’s unfortunate that there is no steam release, but nevertheless, best of luck to the author! I hope this game succeeds.

4 Likes

@CreoleGuy519

Here’s the link why CoG don’t always include Steam with HG titles

3 Likes

I understand, and appreciate what we do get it just feel like a minor stab wound when we miss out.

2 Likes

It is really sad that they couldn’t release to all platforms to be honest. D: For now, perhaps we have to compromise until CoG could find ways to financed HG releases on Steam.

3 Likes

Ok as near as I can tell, the bug with the messages only occurs when you are human. I’ve tried elemental and dragonkind and neither are affected by the bug. I tried human on my first playthrough and then two more times just to be sure, and every time I get the same bug.

I’ve done a nephilim playthrough now, and I haven’t seen the messages bug. I’m now more certain than I was before that the bug is associated with being human. I haven’t done the magician path, so I can’t be sure whether non-powered human and magician are both affected or if it’s just non-powered humans.

1 Like

Hope they will consider re-releases for this one, Gladiator and the Butler did it at least. As to me it seems those games all have the potential to do very well on Steam/PC.

Pity, guess we’ll never have the Linus romance for the Butler did it by @Delliot then? :disappointed:

While I couldn’t contain myself and binge played my first mc in Keeper last night, due to the website version basically forcing me to binge-play any replays will probably have to wait till Easter, which is a bloody shame. Whereas on Steam or the old Chrome versions I could play a chapter a day.

Again if they won’t or can’t do Steam steam releases for (my) most anticipated Hosted Games. I hope they will look into other solutions for the PC sometime during this year, from other storefronts, such as Itch, to just making a downloadable version from the website.

As far as post-releases go I believe the updated and polished version of the Waywalkers Trilogy is slated to get a trilogy release on Steam when part 3 is done. Though that kind of tactic only works for series and would force some fans, like yours truly, to wait for years.

8 Likes

Thing is, if they’re post releases you’ve got to wonder how well they’ll do? I mean most people would have just bought it on one of the other platforms by that time if they really wanted to play it, even if steam would have been their preferred platform if released at the start. (Obviously there’s a few that won’t have or can’t, but in terms of people on the mail out lists…)

Anyway, short story is COG has stated on the forum in response to this they’re not doing a steam release for all HG’s and that’s really the end of it when it’s all said and done.

1 Like

Congratulations @daydreamsincolor for getting published!!! Going to get my hands on it right now :smile:

7 Likes

As I said in the other thread - congrats @daydreamsincolor. Gret initial offering. Hopefully you will get another game made soon.

I think you underestimate the number of PC users who want Steam releases and who don’t just go buy on other platform store fronts. As I always have said; an emphasis on mobile storefronts to the detriment of PC storefronts is more hurtful than most mobile-focused individuals acknowledge or seem to realize.

Just as there is way too much credit given to “reviews” and other mobile indicators, I feel CoG only hurts themselves by not understanding the greater PC market as a whole.

13 Likes

That’s cool, you’d know better than me about the PC vs Mobile games pulse :slight_smile: I must admit, I buy most of my books and similar things (like COG/HG) through mobile platforms so I can read them when I get half a chance, where as my heavier duty games usually end up through steam with a bit of crossover inbetween depending on various factors. I do agree that mobile gaming platforms are potentially harmful in the review department considering the overwhelming freemium culture there compared to steam.

I just would have thought that since if a game most people are aware if a HG game doesn’t get a steam release, it’s chances of getting on in the future are possible but not great, so would have gone ahead and just bought it on another platform if they really wanted it rather than not be able to read it at all, but could be wrong. I still suspect a delayed release wouldn’t do anything to help steam sales which probably then re-enforces that HG’s don’t always sell well there.

5 Likes

Yep, only “reviews” that matter for me as an “old school” PC gamer are those of other gamers I trust, none of whom are young kids with a million followers on Youtube.

That has only been circumstantially true for Gladiator (due to a serendipitous occasion with me getting the flu) and Keeper, one of the rare games for which I did beta testing. For the vast majority this doesn’t hold true and I won’t get it if I can’t play it offline on my computer.
I did a binge playthrough on the website last night but the truth is I normally cannot afford to binge, yet binging is the only way I can ever play the website versions, because if I don’t finish them in one sitting I lose all progress. :unamused:
And then there’s the fact I can’t tweak or mod server-side only games, which also never sits quite well with me for some reason. Not that I mod everything, but lacking the option somehow feels frustrating.

5 Likes

I had the same issue in my first playthrough, but I’m about 1/3 of the way through my second and it hasn’t happened this time (yet).

Are you planning on making a sequel?

There would be 3 books
@daydreamsincolor is already writing the 2nd book :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t expect the romantic element of this game to be anything on-par with that of The Wayhaven Chronicles. Sadly, after three playthroughs, I can honestly report that the romance portion of this game is woefully under-developed and sorely lacking. It kinda seems like the author only added it as an afterthought (and even then, begrudgingly so). There’s no warmth, no build-up, and not even any detail to speak of.
It’s a great game and I really love it, but if you’re going in expecting a fulfilling romance aspect, you’re going to be sadly disappointed.

1 Like

Opinion may differ but i don’t think it is wise to compare one title to the other title based on your opinion, personally i think the romance in Keeper of Sun and the Moon is better than wayhaven and more heart warming… however i won’t write a long debate of why keeper is better than Wayhaven because it will trigger a long and hostile debate between fans of both side :slight_smile:

Hence i hope you won’t endorse a prejudice of yourself by “knocking” down other title as well … we could all debate on why a romance in one story is good and suit us , without saying it is better than another title…

2 Likes