New Hosted Game! "Grey Eyes of Death"—A zombie outbreak survival adventure

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Embark on a deadly journey for survival. Your ordinary school life quickly turns around when an unknown outbreak turns humanity into flesh eating monsters. The hungry creatures ravage every corner of your home island, forcing you to quickly adapt to the new, hostile environment, and learn the ropes of survival if you wish to remain alive.

It’s 33% off until April 28th!

Fight to stay alive by any means you choose through the streets filled with chaos, towards the rumored last safe evacuation point. Forge friendships or make enemies on this epic, deadly adventure. Manage your ammunition through your adventure, because the dead are not the only enemy. Uncover the mysteries surrounding the outbreak as you work your way through the hordes of gray-eyed death.

Will you reach your goal, and find peace when danger lurks around every corner?

Grey Eyes of Death is a thrilling 300,000 word interactive fantasy horror novel by Norbert Mohos, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Play as male, female; gay, straight, or asexual in this story-driven thrill filled adventure
  • Meet new, unique survivors and decide whom you will trust, or form closer bond with
  • Shape humanity's future, including yours and those you interact with along the way
  • Choose between life or death in challenging, emotional situations
  • Explore abandoned areas and survivor camps throughout the island country
  • Discover what the aftermath has to offer, and uncover the source of the outbreak
  • Fight against and escape from the flesh eating creatures behind gray eyes
Norbert developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.
38 Likes

Oooh this looks great! I’m gonna go play the demo now

4 Likes

I’m having problems loading the game as well as its full description. Hopefully, the issue will sort itself out at some point. Maybe my network is a bit too slow.

3 Likes

We’re looking into it! Should be addressed soon–in the meantime please enjoy it on the web.

1 Like

What is the correct spelling of the name of this game? It’s listed everywhere as “Grey Eyes of Death” but the cover art shows it as “Gray.”

1 Like

We’re aware. It’ll be addressed at some point in the future.

3 Likes

Should be working fine now. You may need to delete and reinstall your copy of the Hosted Games omnibus, or just close it in the background, clear your cache, and re-open.

1 Like

It works now thanks.

Is there any form of romance in this game or it it purely action(survival)

3 Likes

The description says you can play as “gay, straight, or asexual,” which suggests to me that there’s probably a romance element.

5 Likes

New game and here’s me a week will payday :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

So.

Few coding mishaps here and there but nothing game-breaking so not a problem.

Writing…was good. I did feel a bit more of a passenger rather than an active participant for a lot of it(it is amazing worldbuilding but there is such a thing as overdoing it), but I will admit- what few choices there were had an immense impact by the end.Who would have thought that the Principal would do so much with one gun…? The emotional beats hit hard.

The moral ambiguity for this genre is on full display and done well-golden ending for this, if there is any, will be definitely well-earned. And it does avoid going too far into the dark-there are enough nuggets of hope to let you breathe, avoiding the “too bleak, stopped caring” trap that the Zombie genre can fall into.

As for the characters…main duo is well-done, so much so that I hated choosing between the two…which might have been my undoing.

Kaia was a firebrand and a half…which led to both great fun and rough waters and I had every bit of fun with it. Unfortunate that the romance with her only kicks in near the end since I would have liked to see its impact on the plot a bit more but so it goes.

Callum grew on me. Thought that I was going to go Kaia all the way, but he’s an amazing contrast to Kaia, being sweet, adorable and hanging on by a thread. Rejecting him was reaaaaaally tough.

I will admit, I might have projected a bit of Zombieland on Eudora, which was not the best call…but it definitely gave good moral complexity to the mix. I do wonder if, given a better general, losing an arm might not have been as much of a problem.

Angel was well-done… especially the trick of having her be a hallucination if she dies.

And the Tarot card I drew was The Hanged Man, go figure.

All in all, despite the lopsided ratio of words to actions what actions were there were quite impactful to make up for it and with a good plot, memorable characters and a decent balance between despair and hope, this was a fun ride. Hope to pull a better tarot card next time.

And if you’re one for scores:7.5/10.

14 Likes

Just gotta add this one of my fav games on here, I love K so much!! I played during the open beta test but I will replay this again because maybe things may have changed and/or new things have been added, also because i just want to play it all for K again :rofl:.

1 Like

The gender of the friend kept changing throughout several sections and even multiple times within the same sentences, and the part where they pretended to be infected had them calling me by their name

5 Likes

Having gone all the way through, I have to say everyone in this game is terrible (except Harvey, he’s cool.) Callum is whiny, Kaia’s self-absorbed, Dayton puts way too much responsibility on a stupid teenager’s shoulders, and don’t get me started on the principal. I know the zombie genre is largely about how humans are the real monsters, but wow is this depressing.

6 Likes

I’m still slowly working my way through. As far as I can tell, it’s almost the same as doomsday on demand. I didn’t let the principal take my gun. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, but I guess we’ll have to see.

1 Like

It was okay… zombie Apocalypse happens to be one of my fav genres.

The author or whoever proof read this didn’t check the gender/pronouns correctly… my MC was female but kept getting him pronouns and being called a boy, so was the best friend, had her set as female but in more than one sentence both genders was used to describe her.

Imo the romance shouldnt of been added seeing as it was barely there… if calling Callum forcing kiss on MC as romance otherwise i did not see any thing close.

5 Likes

Played the demo, not much choices that impact the overall story and most of the characters are written in way that everyone is annoying (which I get since it’s a zombie story) But when every single acts the same way it feels weird.

2 Likes

how do i save angel omg

1 Like

I had a similar issue with the mcs best friend. I chose female but it showed male in some bits

3 Likes