New Heart's Choice Game! "Scandal Notes"—Glamor, gossip, and love in 1920s London!

I think this is part of the point. He’s rich and titled and friendly and generous. He pays for everything for everybody and never expects anything in return. And yet, aside from the parties and the group activities where he’s paying for everything, he’s always in the background. If you don’t specifically try to spend time with him you never really know anything about him because nobody else is doing anything with him, with the possible exception of Errol a time or two. Even the picture Ruby paints of him is basically just “Generic Lordling”, without any of the personality and depth that went into the other paintings. This invisibility when he’s not paying for things is basically his entire motivation.

14 Likes

Fully agree with this, because I think the shock and surprise of it being him is the whole point of “why” it’s him. I genuinely felt bad because throughout the story the MC even makes comments about how nobody ever tries to pay or everyone just accepts that Norry will provide. Which he can, but I think the point is that he wasn’t necessarily against spending his money on his friends but that it became emotionally draining when he realized it was expected of him rather than appreciated.

6 Likes

Only a little way into it, and already loving it. The writing is evocative, witty and smart; the characters are all distinct personalities from early on; and I love the historical references.

A question just so I don’t mess up: Is Chapter 3 the lock-in for the romance option? Or are there further opportunities to pursue a romance later on?

1 Like

Chapter 3 locks you in, but doesn’t lock you out — you can discontinue the romance if you’re not into it and there are opportunities to take up another along the way.

I recommend that if you’re interested in following the Errol or Sybil threads, make your affection known early and that will take you on a smooth line to HEA.

That is, if you don’t dump them!

2 Likes

The game complimented me during character creation, I’m sold :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hey, all. Just completed my review for Scandal Notes. Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

This was a lovely read! Errol and Sybil were great ROs in their own ways, although I will say Errol is my favorite of the two.

The plot was enjoyable and loved reading all the outfit descriptions and being able o play as a young socialite.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m still not used actual authors of the amazing stories I’m reading responding to small questions like this.

Congratulations on getting this published, and for doing such an amazing job of it.

2 Likes

I romanced Norry on my first playthrough and it was very easy to guess that he was Scandal Notes, simply because of how differently he’s treated by the game compared to Errol & Sybil. Most of the time the choices were “spend time with Errol”, “spend time with Sybil”, and “be alone”…rarely did we get a Norry option, so it was clear that he wasn’t a “true” love interest the way the other two were. I’m not sure how that could have been rectified since I do understand that he’s supposed to feel sidelined. :sweat_smile: I really enjoyed the game though, it was lovely! And yes, I did forgive Norry. :laughing: I’m sure Errol’s and Sybil’s paths will be fun too :smiley:

4 Likes

I forgive him too. I can’t help it! :wink:

3 Likes

I just finished the game and also got the Wan Solo ending, despite going after Errol the whole way and ending with 90+ affection. So disappointing - is there a variable I can flip in the save state file to get the “correct” ending?

Edit: Poked around and found it myself. Errol ending achieved! Though he’s making a lot of assumptions about what my MC will do without a proposal… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Now let me have a super spicy mini story on mc and errol’s trip.

3 Likes

Now this was a game that would be full of interesting content up my alley! No Nightmare Investigators, no doppelgänger, but there’s still something to investigate, without this plot point being overpowering. Our team is a nice little squad of contrasting, yet harmonious, personalities. The main shortcoming is that the Norry arc needs to have more scenes. Other than that, this made for a nice, emotionally charged read. The 1920s, if done well, make for a good setting, as there was a cultural explosion in the interwar era.