New Heart's Choice Game! "Dawnfall" by RoAnna Sylver

This is the dedicated thread for discussion of Dawnfall by @RoAnnaSylver.

30 Likes

I didn’t finish it yet, but one thing I liked so far would be that we play as an alien here. That’s not something I often see in games (normally even if the game involves supernatural creatures, MC is still a plain human). And one thing what feelt a bit off for me that I feelt like the Ghost Queen opens up about her backstory too quickly for the MC. It was like my third interaction with her and she already tells MC her whole life, I’d assume someone like her would be more guarded than that.

6 Likes

Is the Ghost Queen the only female RO?

2 Likes

Why’s it not available on playstore

2 Likes

If you’re in the Philippines or South Korea we are unable to release there at this time. You can still access the games elsewhere.

5 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Congratulations on the release @RoAnnaSylver — now I can get past the cliffhanger the demo leaves us at … your cliffhanger writing ability is very well developed :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hahaha thank you! I was pretty happy with where that cut off, yeah.

5 Likes

And this is why I rarely read demos. No matter how good it’s written it always leaves me with the impression that it’s a cheap trick to make us buy the full game to continue. I’d prefer to make that decision based on other stuff (like how the world built is done, how interesting are the npcs, how we can build our MC etc.) than a cliffhanger.

2 Likes

I felt the cliffhanger displayed the antagonist’s passion and was intended more to develop the character than to “trick” us.

Perhaps I am naive, but I don’t think the intention was to deceive… it felt more like good fortune and planning during writing that led to the climatic scene.

8 Likes

Honestly I think the cliffhangers in the demos are only infuriating when you’re enjoying what you’re reading. Then its a case of “Nooooo! Someone invent a time machine quick!” :smiley:

11 Likes

Can I ask how do you see the achievements ? I can’t find a button for it

I’m only looking at IOS but there should be a button up top? Have to check others

2 Likes

Oh, gosh, what beautiful, lyrical writing! The space magic is enthralling and the characters are adorable :blush:

5 Likes

…I’m gonna cry, honestly. ;_; Thank you so much.

5 Likes

This is great

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

And the powers are awesome

2 Likes

I have a question. Rythm. Is it magic or more like monk thing in d&d (I’m in tune with everything, feel everything and react according to it)?

1 Like

I’m hesitate between a magic harpiyae and and rythmic harpiyae.
Rythmic sound cool but magic remind me of the Carrionnite in Doctor Who, whose words can control and shape reality with the right word in the right place. The word-based science.

1 Like