Need help with putting stats in game

Hello, I am trying to make my first game and am currently learning how to use choicescript. I have a slight problem however. I don’t really know how to use stats. To be specific I write at the top of my page the stats I want. Intelligence, Strength, leadership and Charisma. (With ‘*create’ at the beginning.with the value 10 at the end). But when I start the game up and go to the stats screen it only shows Leadership and strengh/weakness. how do I add more stats to it?

ChoiceScript can be very specific about spacing and indentation. It should look like this:

*create intelligence 10
*create strength 10
*create leadership 10
*create charisma 10

And I assumed from what you wrote that the strength stat is an opposed pair, so your stat screen should look like this:

*stat_chart
    text Intelligence
    opposed_pair Strength
        Weakness
    text Leadership
    text Charisma

About the post, I did is specifically as you wrote it but it is still the same, I don’t know what a stat screen is. I never wrote *stat_chart anywhere. Is there another page where I have to write stats or is it all in startup?

In the scene folder where you found the startup.txt file, there’ll be another one called choicescript_stats.txt.

There should be a file in /scenes called “choicescript_stats.txt”. You need to put the stat chart in there. However, the *creates go in “startup.txt”.

Also be sure to check out this page:

1 Like

Thanks a lot the both of you, I have sorted this out. Thanks again for the help

@Reaperoa’s awesome choicescript guide might help too.