Mind Blind (04/30 Demo Update. A Story Where You Are NOT The Chosen One!)

If it’s the female ro it was okay for my MC cause he is gay, but if it’s a male ro then idk which one?

2 Likes

Nick my favorite character at the moment

2 Likes

Welp, I can no longer update the top post for some reason. Maybe because I corrected too many typos the first time around? Or there’s an obvious answer and I’m just super technologically unsavvy.

Anyway, Demo is updated, now with around 3x the words and twice the breakfast.

Update includes:

1. Having a traumatizing flashback
  2. Giving Nick a nickname (ha.)
  3. Defining your sexuality via shih tzu
  4. Winning a staring contest against your first RO
56 Likes

I just wanna say I love the way you write, I love this demo, I love the story, I love Nick and I love u :pleading_face::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I totally see the angle of hating Nick, but I also want the option to be as friendly and supporting as possible.

3 Likes

Your account is still at Basic status (T0). You need at least the Member to be granted with edit post (T1). Hang out around more, I guess?

2 Likes

okay this was such a fun read! I love the whole concept of being a pointedly unpowered person in the midst of a powered world (and powered family!!). the way you’ve written it so far has been refreshingly playful. your update notes are pretty great too ngl!

I see a lot of promise in your demo, and I’m excited to see where you go with it! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Interesting. I like the little changes in conversation depending on the personality stats!

I’m very concerned after so many playthroughs, though… Is MC trained with the use of finger guns? How to properly handle them and such?

The last thing we need is for something like this to happen…

(Warning: Contains fake blood!)

10 Likes

Yep, I would suggest that make the finger gun a choice rather than decide that for the player and ask them why they do the gesture. Buuuuuut, what if some MCs DO NOT want to do the finger gun at all.

7 Likes

Found a typo when talking to the first RO. If you choose to play as a lesbian, and say “wait, Antigone and Cassandra? Seriously?” On the page after that one of the options is “She seems geniune. I believe him”. Him should be her.

2 Likes

Is it going to be impossible to not be attracted to either gender or to be aromantic? Also, when choosing the ace option, you also don’t get to set if your romantic attraction is exclusively for one gender, which is kind of weird for ace MCs who only like women/men.

Also, in meeting the first RO, you’re already describing the person’s attractiveness and given a whole lot of options to respond that way, but the only option to be completely unattracted to them are “they’re not my type,” with the other non-attraction option saying “it doesn’t matter because of the shih tzus,” which is a fun option, but I still think there could be more variety in the not-attracted options. Ace MCs (mentally) drooling over the physical attractiveness of someone doesn’t feel right.

8 Likes

So was that K we just met and are we going to continue the conversation in their bath towel next update?

2 Likes

And I love you, kind stranger! -finger guns-

Honestly, that’s the default. For MCs who are constantly antagonistic to their brother, he’ll eventually just absent himself since he thinks his presence in your head is too painful for you to be around. So instead of coming down to breakfast in the morning, you’ll come down to a packed lunchbox and a note.

Only Grayson is trained in finger guns, for reasons that will become apparent. And oh mercy was not expecting that video :sweat_smile:

Wait. Do you mean to tell me that people exist who DON’T give themselves finger guns whenever they pass a mirror?

In all serious, though, I consider the finger gun scene to be a warning for the book’s tone as a whole.

No, it doesn’t! Ace MCs actually have a separate path and dialogues all their own (it just hasn’t been implemented yet). Since romantic attraction develops differently, and it’s really important to me that it be correctly implemented (or what I consider to be correctly implemented) given my own extreme demi-ness. Current option is just a placeholder, which will include specifying the genders you’re romantically interested in.

Aromantic will probably not be an option, sorry :frowning:

Yes. But they’ll eventually get dressed next update.

Next update will also include choosing to either go to the metro or walk. It’s very possible to not meet K until you arrive at school.

14 Likes

I was trying to play as a grumpy MC, but…

I smile slowly and envision his towel slipping. If he’s a Ment, my interest has already been broadcast. Might as well flirt.

what kind of MC am I playing again? Let’s jump to the fun boat straight away~

9 Likes

Are we going to meet the best friend next who totally has a crush on Nick, also I forgot Greyson could also have one since he works with him.

Also I’m guessing (and hoping since they’re who I’m most interested in) that K isn’t the one with the crush since…

7 Likes

Yeah, when I’m being grumpy I DON’T :lying_face:

No need for a warning though, I mean it’s sort of a player agency…thing?

Can’t the MC just pass by the mirror and barely pay any attention to it? The mirror is important for the customize, but the finger gun?

2 Likes

Thanks! Fixed the typo and updated the file! Let me know if there’s anything else wrong or if something bothers and I’ll try to fix it lickity split (in case I disagree, in which case I will do so respectfully).

So, this book is gonna get depressing. Kinda. It’ll deal with bullying, and severe depression, and feelings of isolation because your brain is literally different. Also PTSD. (Yay! Don’t you want to read it now???)

But it’s also about coping. And MC uses humor, whether dark, slapstick, cocky, or a combination thereof, to cope. Finger guns is my way of having MC define their humor preference right off the bat. Because honestly, your hair color has no importance to the narrative. The meaning behind your finger guns, does.

(Basically, finger guns for life. There is, however, a moment later when MC passes the mirror . . . and simply no longer cares. But they don’t start out that way.)

38 Likes

I’m not mean… forget it. Now I only want to challenge you into a staring competition since you just made me lost one. :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

I like your writing and sense of humour, sorry that English is not my first language and it’s sort of hard for me to express myself, but I’m sold already,

GIMME NOW.
Challenge accepted, bring it on, where’s angst where’s me.

9 Likes

hello! the game is really nice and I really enjoyed it, I was thought of some options that could be added while I was playing

Summary

when choosing a way of identifying ments maybe some options that are images as well but not gory/disturbing ones but sexual ones that make people fluster most of the time or self-depreciating thougts as oposed to ego boosting ones which would also end up with people pitying mc

when reacting to the past memories that seem to be of a time when mc was mind controlled having a more “oh well, c’est la vie” reaction to them

7 Likes

So this is just a suggestion, but maybe put some trigger warnings up for that. I know none of it is present in the game right now, I’d suggest it because it might prevent people who might be triggered by that type of content from getting too invested in the story before finding out.

15 Likes